Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 30-04-2017, 21:28   #12406
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion

Services: tv phone mobile broadband tivo and v+ hd box
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Found my old, barely used, JVC miniDV video camera earlier. It'd been sat forgotten in the back of the sideboard for quite a while and I'd wondered if it would still work as the battery must have been as flat as a pancake for several years. Anyway I plugged it in not expecting very much to happen and it charged fine. Then on powering it up I found a tape inside which showed the last time it had been used which turned out to be 2009!!!! A very nice recording of one of Osem Jnr's many pre-black belt karate gradings. My word how time flies!
It sure does Osem but what a lovely find that brought back a wonderful memory back to life
Old 30-04-2017, 23:47   #12407
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We are going up to Hampshire to see our family for several weeks in July.
That will be nice Den,

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
It sure does Osem but what a lovely find that brought back a wonderful memory back to life
Nice surprise for you Weenie
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:34   #12408
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Found my old, barely used, JVC miniDV video camera earlier. It'd been sat forgotten in the back of the sideboard for quite a while and I'd wondered if it would still work as the battery must have been as flat as a pancake for several years. Anyway I plugged it in not expecting very much to happen and it charged fine. Then on powering it up I found a tape inside which showed the last time it had been used which turned out to be 2009!!!! A very nice recording of one of Osem Jnr's many pre-black belt karate gradings. My word how time flies!
That's lovely Osem finding something that brought back so many wonderful memories for you.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:30   #12409
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We are going up to Hampshire to see our family for several weeks in July.
Oh lovely have a great time!

Quote:
Nice one Osem and times flies alright we are into May already!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 14:16   #12410
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion

Services: tv phone mobile broadband tivo and v+ hd box
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze

It a lovely here in South Lanarkshire, it's nice to have washing out on the line for a change rather than in the tumble dryer.
Old 01-05-2017, 15:10   #12411
dilli-theclaw
3xCABG

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My pet buzz is still throbbing away - yay
Old 01-05-2017, 17:35   #12412
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Quote:
It a lovely here in South Lanarkshire, it's nice to have washing out on the line for a change rather than in the tumble dryer.
Great to have the washing our as you say Weenie, just abut to take mine in. I have had a pleasant afternoon listening to some old country music and reminiscing ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 17:35   #12413
Hom3r
All true..Except the lies

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1TB Tivo, 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 4, 2TB & 3 TB WD NAS, Smart Home stuff, & Cudd
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My car music system supports FLAC, now I have recently bought some CDs and rather than convert them to MP3 and put on the USB stick which my car supports I've converted to FLAC.

Now do I redo the other 271 CDs into FLAC?

My Blog
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 13:53   #12414
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Freeview/ BT infinity
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

My eldest, Alex (17) has just passed his driving test. First time

nthwgaming.co.uk
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 14:28   #12415
Osem
Expose lying hypocrites
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Well done that lad.

"Dad, can I have a new car?... Please??... Pretty please???..."

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Quote:
Osem Jnr # 2 made us laugh the other day when mum was loading the washing machine in the morning ready for it to wash over night as usual and hang out the next day, which is his little job around the home. He helped her put the detergent in and carefully shut the door then disappeared, came back with the washing basket and proceeded to open the machine to take it all out. Evidently he thought you just pop the dirty washing in, close the door and it's done. If only things were as simple as they are in his world...
Old 02-05-2017, 15:34   #12416
denphone
Still alive and happy

denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
You must be proud of him RR as its not easy passing a driving test first time nowadays.
Old 02-05-2017, 16:33   #12417
Uncle Peter
11/09/1683

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

I've just made some wasp traps for the front and back garden. The spikey little swines will rue the day.
Old 02-05-2017, 16:56   #12418
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
I've just made some wasp traps for the front and back garden. The spikey little swines will rue the day.
There's only one good kind of wasp - A dead one.
Old 02-05-2017, 17:35   #12419
denphone
Still alive and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
l am sure some other pesky insect will come along to keep you on your toes Peter.
Old 02-05-2017, 18:20   #12420
Uncle Peter
11/09/1683

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

There's been quite a few big 'orrible ones buzzing around the eaves and coming into the open bedroom windows in the morning and mid afternoons over the past few days. This time of year they're probably queens looking for somewhere to build if they haven't started already.

Better to sort the problem out now than later in the year when they're most angry.