Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Your favourite bit of Christmas?
View Poll Results: Favourite bit of Christmas
Kids 6 33.33%
Church 0 0%
Presents 6 33.33%
Drink 5 27.78%
Dinner 9 50.00%
Music 2 11.11%
Other (Care to tell us?) 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-12-2005, 13:00   #1
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable
Your favourite bit of Christmas?

When you wake up on Christmas morning, what do you most look forward to?
Is it the excited shrieks from the kids, going to church, unwrapping the presents, the first drink of the day or the huge dinner?

I like the TV off, the stereo on with lots of seasonal tunes, and sitting down with the kids to find out what's under the tree. When they were much smaller it was a delight to see their faces first thing (once that was 2 am!) in the morning.

I hope you too have someone to share it with.

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all!
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2005, 13:03   #2
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.
Re: Your favourite bit of Christmas?

I just love Christmas day. After the excited ankle-biters have opened their pressies we always have friends round in the morning for Bucks Fizz and nibbles, so that's a cool start. Then there's that long, luxurious lunch, late afternoon snooze and evening booze.

The best bit? I love it all.

Echo SWW in wishing everyone a very merry one.
Old 23-12-2005, 13:04   #3
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Well, capitalist that I am ( ), I'm afraid it's the presents for me

Having said that, you really can't beat it when even Dad Nug offers me a beer at 11 in the morning

EDIT: Forgot to add that, seeing as this will be last day on here until I'm back at the work in the New Year, I hope everyone has a spiffing Christmas and New Year (oh and, if by some strange occurrence, anyone has any beer left, just send me a PM, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you ). Have a good one all!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 13:13   #4
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Well, capitalist that I am ( ), I'm afraid it's the presents for me

Having said that, you really can't beat it when even Dad Nug offers me a beer at 11 in the morning

EDIT: Forgot to add that, seeing as this will be last day on here unti, I'm back at the work in the New Year, I hope everyone has a spiffing Christmas and New Year (oh and, if by some strange occurrence, anyone has any beer left, just send me a PM, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you ). Have a good one all!
Thanks - you & Pumpkin have a good one, too

Favourite bit of Christmas - all of it
Old 23-12-2005, 13:21   #5
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable

Quote:
(oh and, if by some strange occurrence, anyone has any beer left, just send me a PM, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you ).
I haven't found a way to make an attachment from beer cans to send in a PM - guess I'll just have to drink it myself!
Old 23-12-2005, 13:26   #6
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredWebWarrior
I haven't found a way to make an attachment from beer cans to send in a PM - guess I'll just have to drink it myself!
Gah - whatever happened to sharing at Christmas
Old 23-12-2005, 13:30   #7
LemonyBrainAid
Inactive

Services: 50MB Virgin w/ TiVo 1TB
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array

Presents, Neer, and Dinner

/me stares at Nugfart's "Services" with amazement and confusion
LemonyBrainAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 13:32   #8
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid
Presents, Neer, and Dinner

/me stares at Nugfart's "Services" with amazement and confusion
What's 'Neer'

As for the services, it's your Dad you've got to worry about (although I'd have thought it was more shock and revulsion anyway )
Old 23-12-2005, 13:35   #9
LemonyBrainAid
Inactive

LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array

Quote:
What's 'Neer'

As for the services, it's your Dad you've got to worry about (although I'd have thought it was more shock and revulsion anyway )
Well Nem's told me about the nug-profile/avatar etc modding that he enjoys... And advised me to call you Nugfart...
Old 23-12-2005, 13:44   #10
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Well Nem's told me about the nug-profile/avatar etc modding that he enjoys... And advised me to call you Nugfart...
How old are you again? I refuse to believe that you take any advice from Nem

As for the Nugfart, I'd just like to mention Ilikemenesis - there's a reason he's called that, you know
Old 23-12-2005, 13:45   #11
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Has to be dinner for me..... and in the best of non PC traditions I'd like to wish everyone a happy CHRISTMAS, not happy snow day , happy winters day etc etc...........Oh and a happy new year too !!
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 13:47   #12
LemonyBrainAid
Inactive

Quote:
How old are you again? I refuse to believe that you take any advice from Nem

As for the Nugfart, I'd just like to mention Ilikemenesis - there's a reason he's called that, you know
You'll have to tell me about that Ilikemenesis - I don't seem to remember him telling me about that one - wonder why...

EDIT: Ohhhh... I just got it...
Old 23-12-2005, 13:48   #13
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
You'll have to tell me about that Ilikemenesis - I don't seem to remember him telling me about that one - wonder why...
Can't imagine

Anyway, I hope the two of you have a corking Christmas
Old 23-12-2005, 13:51   #14
Tuftus

I enjoy the time off work with friends and family.
Old 23-12-2005, 14:22   #15
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Catching up with all the family, opening presents, having fun, snow, the magic of it all, putting up the christmas tree.
I love it.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote