Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

Old 18-03-2012, 17:51   #16
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

I have a 15 dB attenuator on the service here and it's at the wall plate end ie physically connected 'backwards' , however it still attenuates the downstream power by 15 dB and leave upstream alone.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2012, 19:57   #17
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

I'm confused.

If you fitted it at the wall on the beginning of the cable going to the shub
(so wall plate feed > attenuator > cable > shub) why would that be different to fitting it on the same cable but at the shub end (wall plate feed > cable > attenuator > shub)?

Or am I reading this wrong?
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 20:04   #18
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

cos the threads about wall mounting the SH
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 20:34   #19
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

What? I'm talking about the placement of the attenuator on the same cable?
Old 18-03-2012, 20:46   #20
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

the SH wouldnt sit on a wall mount properly with an attenuator fitted to the SHs coaxial input unless you allow to stick out
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 20:47   #21
Blackened
Inactive

Can you leave this to one of the others to answer mate.
I'm talking about the path and the attenuator being in reverse, not the physical placement.

Ta.
Old 18-03-2012, 20:52   #22
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
I'm confused.

If you fitted it at the wall on the beginning of the cable going to the shub
(so wall plate feed > attenuator > cable > shub) why would that be different to fitting it on the same cable but at the shub end (wall plate feed > cable > attenuator > shub)?

Or am I reading this wrong?
Well the question was would fitting it the 'other way round' make a difference to how it works. So having the male end of the FPA fitted to the wall plate means the female end of the FPA faces the superhub. When fitted to the back of the superhub the male end faces it, so yes it is the other way round.
Old 18-03-2012, 20:58   #23
Blackened
Inactive

This was my original answer:

Quote:
But don't they only go one way round?
The cable from the wall to the shub is male/male?
I had to physically go and get one and look at why it would be facing the other way around!

Cheers
Old 18-03-2012, 21:01   #24
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I can't understand how it would be the wrong way round, if you plug it into the isolator it will be female sticking out.

If you plug it in place of the isolator, something you shouldn't do (this means the network and your connection is open to interference) then it would be the wrong way round. Pointless as you would have to use barrel to attatch a piece of co-ax to the connection which could have been done before the isolator anyway?

It doesn't matter where the attenuator is, attenuation is attenuation
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 21:07   #25
Blackened
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I can't understand how it would be the wrong way round, if you plug it into the isolator it will be female sticking out.
Right, so in that case that would be the signal coming out through the female, right?
If you have it on the back of the superhub the signal will be going IN through the female, wouldn't it? So the jelly is inverted isn't it?

You're the expert, I'm just playing along with a bottle of Shiraz.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:06   #26
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The shiny new superhub is wall bracket mounted, very nice. But the base stand now looks rather silly with the thing placed half way up the wall. The Superhub's Business Broadband manual has a nice photoshot with the stand removed. Any idea how to do this?
Have you got any pictures of the wall mount?

Does anyone know how to obtain the wall mount as a home customer? Looking at the slots at the back of the Superhub I'm wondering whether they are in a generic place and there would be a generic wall mount available.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 13:41   #27
Sitdownfor this
Inactive

Sitdownfor this is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The shiny new superhub is wall bracket mounted, very nice. But the base stand now looks rather silly with the thing placed half way up the wall. The Superhub's Business Broadband manual has a nice photoshot with the stand removed. Any idea how to do this?
Hi, if this wall bracket is for real, please can you tell me where you got it from?

Thanks
Sitdownfor this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 13:55   #28
tizmeinnit

for those mentioned attenuation just use one of these http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/31029...ype=pla&crdt=0 I know the thread is a year old but some of you guys really like to make life complicated for yourselves
Old 11-03-2013, 14:20   #29
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitdownfor this View Post
Hi, if this wall bracket is for real, please can you tell me where you got it from?

Thanks
It was supplied with the superhub as part of the business broadband package
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 22:23   #30
ccarmock
cf.geek

Must admit I didn't get a bracket with my Business Superhub. but then they didn't even give me a PSU - just used one from the old Cisco EPC2100 it replaced!