Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo Hidden features that suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Old 19-03-2012, 12:43   #61
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
This year and thats a fact.

Sorry based on past experience I will just wait & see.

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2012, 12:48   #62
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Well if it turns out to be April 2013 then alot of people will not be happy as the world will have ended by then. Hold on a sec if the world has ended then people cant be unhappy
No we will be be as extinct as the Dodo.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Sorry based on past experience I will just wait & see.

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "
Then a surprise awaits you next month Itshim.
Old 19-03-2012, 12:55   #63
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
LOL
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 12:55   #64
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
No we will be be as extinct as the Dodo.[COLOR="Silver"]
I always mis read that saying lol
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 13:01   #65
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

I HATE surprises. Would you care to offer a date for it to happen.

Old 19-03-2012, 13:07   #66
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
LOL
l thought you would get your two cents in master.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Quote:
I HATE surprises. Would you care to offer a date for it to happen.

The BBC red button will arrive and will rollout during April.
Old 19-03-2012, 13:14   #67
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
l thought you would get your two cents in master.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

The BBC red button will arrive and will rollout during April.
So the answer is no then

Old 19-03-2012, 13:28   #68
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
So the answer is no then

Some things take longer then a day to rollout Itshim but believe you me the BBC red button on the Tivo will be a step change from the old BBC red button which was on the old boxes.
Old 19-03-2012, 14:05   #69
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
..& reminders ( the did not think any one would want item!)
There's a good reason for that; they're not necessary.

Reminder:
Change channel at start
Tivo:
Change channel at start
Record programme

I know which I prefer

Quote:
No... more like:

"Tivo - Created by people who prefer watching what they want when they want; and saving 15 mins per hour by skipping ads."
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 14:06   #70
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Some things take longer then a day to rollout Itshim but believe you me the BBC red button on the Tivo will be a step change from the old BBC red button which was on the old boxes.
To be honest I would settle for the old Red button, but as long as it works from the off I will be happy
Old 19-03-2012, 14:08   #71
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post

Reminder:
Change channel at start
Tivo:
Change channel at start
Record programme

I know which I prefer

And l know which one l prefer.
Old 19-03-2012, 14:09   #72
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:

Reminder:
Change channel at start
Tivo:
Change channel at start
Record programme WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT

I know which I prefer SO DO I

No... more like:

"Tivo - Created by people who prefer watching what they want when they want; and saving 15 mins per hour by skipping ads."
What PVR doesnt
Old 19-03-2012, 14:53   #73
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:

Reminder:
Change channel at start
Tivo:
Change channel at start
Record programme
But TiVo doesn't change channel at the start of a scheduled recording Carl, and you're fully aware of this as we've had this discussion before. You're also fully aware of why some of us want reminders in addition to what's currently available and yet every time someone mentions reminders you "conveniently" forget every discussion on the subject and post your "I don't understand why people want reminders" spiel again.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 15:10   #74
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:

Is this what you are basing it on.Virgin media Tivo help & support:-

More good news! We’ve been working with the BBC to launch Red Button services on TiVo and we’re hoping to start the roll out*in April. This service will launch a menu over BBC channels.
* PR speak for "coming soon" note the word HOPING

Old 19-03-2012, 15:14   #75
okun69
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Triple XL, 500GB Tivo, V+
okun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about them

I've had a Tivo installed since December and can say in all honesty that in my opinion Tivo has only feature that sucks, and that is the lack of a dynamic EPG. The fact that we pay a premium for the EPG metadata makes it unbelieveable that this has not become a dynamic EPG!
okun69 is offline   Reply With Quote