Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated]Abu Qatada finally deported to Jordan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Updated]Abu Qatada finally deported to Jordan

Old 17-01-2012, 16:28   #16
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute
re: [Updated]Abu Qatada's deportation appeal REJECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
But he is not a human rights, democracy activist or a refugee, so he has no reason not to be deported!
Only according to your warped concept of what constitutes human rights!
ceedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2012, 16:33   #17
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedee View Post
Only according to your warped concept of what constitutes human rights!
How is he a human rights activist? He is at the very least a criminal, evading justice. I think what was originally meant was '(human rights or democracy) activist or a refugee'.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 16:52   #18
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
How is he a human rights activist? He is at the very least a criminal, evading justice. I think what was originally meant was '(human rights or democracy) activist or a refugee'.
That is what I am saying!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 17:14   #19
ceedee
cf.geek

ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Alan earlier indicated that he believes that the European Human Rights Convention and our Human Rights Act should ONLY apply to '(human rights or democracy) activist or a refugee'.
I disagree strongly.

Oh and he's only been found guilty (in absentia) by a Jordanian court on the evidence obtained by torture of his co-accused. No other country, including the UK, seem to want to give him a fair trial...
Old 17-01-2012, 17:31   #20
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I would have to agree with ceedee on this .We cannot in all conscience deport him based on evidence obtained by torture and knowing that in all likelyhood he will be tortured again It is the same as condoning torture and since part of the reason for going to Iraq and Afghanistan was to rid the world of regimes that use torture ,it would make that a waste of time and lives .I can understand that people want this odious man out of our country but we cannot pick and choose what basic rights people have .
Old 17-01-2012, 17:37   #21
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
<snip> since part of the reason for going to Iraq and Afghanistan was to rid the world of regimes that use torture ,it would make that a waste of time and lives <snip>
I thought the US went to Iraq and Afghanistan to carry out torture that isn't allowed on their home soil?
Old 17-01-2012, 17:40   #22
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
What kind of human rights declaration do you imagine would sanction 'exporting' suspects to countries widely recognised for systematic torture?
Which version of human rights would sanction allowing a known terrorist to live in the country he hates and wants to harm ????

Send him home and let him ROT

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 17:53   #23
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Send him to Guatanamo Bay and throw away the key, he would suit an orange jumpsuit and a hood will Metallica on full volume 24/7.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:03   #24
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Send him to Guatanamo Bay and throw away the key, he would suit an orange jumpsuit and a hood will Metallica on full volume 24/7.
Can I go
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:25   #25
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
That is what I am saying!
No, it wasn't - we can only read what you say, not try to guess what you thought you meant to say....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:33   #26
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If they have commited crimes in other countries (with the exception of democracy, human rights activists and perscuted people) why should we keep them here, Britain should not be a haven for rouges!
It's OK, I doubt that Qatada is one for wearing make-up, although even if he did like to go around with a bit of blush on, I don't see what the problem is.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:50   #27
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Maybe with some manscara and guyliner....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 18:59   #28
ceedee
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Which version of human rights would sanction allowing a known terrorist to live in the country he hates and wants to harm ???
If Qatada is such a "known terrorist", I'd have expected the UK CPS, operating under the ECHR and HR Act, to have prosecuted him in the UK.
Evidently the combined forces of MI5 and MI6 cannot obtain the evidence to prove your allegation.

I'm a little surprised that there's not more speculation why no country (other than Jordan) have applied for his extradition to face (a fair) trial?
Old 17-01-2012, 20:13   #29
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:

I'm a little surprised that there's not more speculation why no country (other than Jordan) have applied for his extradition to face (a fair) trial?
It simple, The free bank of England and the Liberal hand wringers are mug enough to look after him. why would anyone else want him and his baggage when the uk are so soft. We send young men to fight and die against **** like him and here we are the mugs of the world letting him stay here.

Again i say send him home and let him fester in hell

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 20:17   #30
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
let him fester in hell
He is not coming to live with me
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote