Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

[update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Old 04-03-2011, 20:30   #91
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Cheers pabs.... I think I'm taking the wrong line, but will try the alternative views
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2011, 22:01   #92
piquet41
Inactive

Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them

Hi guys, i've been playing GT5 now for it seem like ages.

I've managed to get all my licenses on gold bar 1..... forget which license it is in but, its the one with the cones..... so frustrated i must have spent hours trying that one alone, only because i have all the others, all with using a standard wireless controller.

I'm now on level 30. If any of you have reached this level yet, go into the special events and try the "Sebatian Vetel challange", fast is not the word, try playing the demo it will..... I'll let you decide.

On the endurance races I've done the first 5. I certainly won't be doing the 2 24hr races, my original PS3 will probably die lol!.

I've also managed to complete all the challenges i have done so far on gold except one.... it's in the professional series, the "Nascar Challenge". I can't get gold in that if my life depended on it. So frustrating.

Cracking game though.
piquet41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 22:32   #93
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

The Sebastian Vetel Challenge is,,, in a word,,,, insane..

I tried it repeatedly till my eyes were watering so bad I couldn't continue,,,, I gave it up as a bad job in the end,,, its just too damn hard man
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:50   #94
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Anyone else found the any useful glitches yet

Me and a mate were on last night driving underneath one of the maps, started a 200 lap race which should have taken 6 hours and it was done in about 20 mins.

Just kept driving in circles under the start finish marker and were doing a lap every 4 seconds.

Kerching

Not much fun but driving under the track was a giggle, it was like we'd discovered a lost city.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 22:59   #95
piquet41
Inactive

Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Anyone else found the any useful glitches yet

Me and a mate were on last night driving underneath one of the maps, started a 200 lap race which should have taken 6 hours and it was done in about 20 mins.

Just kept driving in circles under the start finish marker and were doing a lap every 4 seconds.

Kerching

Not much fun but driving under the track was a giggle, it was like we'd discovered a lost city.
Hi Pabscars, which race was this? is it one of the endurance races? what level are you on?
Old 16-03-2011, 23:59   #96
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

PD patched them. READ 1.08 update notes.

B-spec online driver glitch allows 2 friends to fill a 16 car grid buy them selves
Top 6 places filled will result in <Cr 97,000/exp <100,000 for a single 20 min race for just 1 player.

This pays out the INDY 500 endurance EXP in only 3 races. With 2 times the cash as a bonus. added.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:45   #97
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

havnt even managed to get bronze in any of the sebastian vettel races, been trying since january!
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 21:51   #98
piquet41
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k11 View Post
havnt even managed to get bronze in any of the sebastian vettel races, been trying since january!
I've just finished the level 32 4hr endurance race. I'm afraid thats as far as I'll go now.

I'm still using the original launch PS3. I don't want to fry it doing the remaining 9hr and the two 24hr races.... I love my PS3 too much.

Who on earth is going to sit at their PS3 for a MINIMUM of 24hrs to play a game? ? ? madness
Old 06-04-2011, 11:54   #99
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by piquet41 View Post
I've just finished the level 32 4hr endurance race. I'm afraid thats as far as I'll go now.

I'm still using the original launch PS3. I don't want to fry it doing the remaining 9hr and the two 24hr races.... I love my PS3 too much.

Who on earth is going to sit at their PS3 for a MINIMUM of 24hrs to play a game? ? ? madness
I think most people will use B-Spec to play that race...I know its definitely the only way I'll play it. It would be nice if the PS3 (mine's a latest model 320gb Slim) would take the hammer, but unfortunately I doubt it would.

I remember way back to GT2 when I had my PSone and I played that for 8hrs straight and it burnt out the CD Drive motor
Old 16-04-2011, 18:24   #100
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
I think most people will use B-Spec to play that race...I know its definitely the only way I'll play it. It would be nice if the PS3 (mine's a latest model 320gb Slim) would take the hammer, but unfortunately I doubt it would.

I remember way back to GT2 when I had my PSone and I played that for 8hrs straight and it burnt out the CD Drive motor
the race is a spec AND b spec, no choice

good job it has pause
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 13:23   #101
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Now that PSN is alive and kicking once again GT5 update 1.10 has been released

As well as addressing a few issues and making a few simple improvements to enhance the GT5 experience, update 1.10 adds some exciting new features such as online event prizes, a simpler way to purchase parts, an improved opponent AI algorithm, an easy way to interrupt and save your progress in championship mode, new racing gear choices and a new music track.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...update-1-10-2/
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 22:45   #102
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Been playing this tonight after the update and there are a few instantly noticeable differences. There are some new seasonal challenges up: a new race, time trial and a drift trial. The prize money also seems to have been increased on the existing seasonal challenges.

The online collector's dealership has been updated and there are a few LMP cars up for around the cr. 2M mark, in fact the cost of the collectors cars in general has been drastically decreased: the Ford GT race car for instance is now cr. 10M instead of cr. 19M.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 19:26   #103
haydnwalker
Inactive

I couldn't even get GT5 to boot up (past the polyphony digital screen) after the v2 update...rebooted PS3 and doing system update to see if that cures it.