Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Call divert charge for Virgin mobile.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

NTL d5100 - Help!

Old 03-06-2008, 15:11   #1
brryssn
Inactive

brryssn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question NTL d5100 - Help!

Hi,

I desperately need help with our NTl d5100 Dect Phone with built-in Answerphone.

The Answerphone was accidentally switched off (how I don't know!!) and I can't for the life of me remember how to reset it!

I've tried messing about with the Menu but just can't get it to work - I'm obviously not setting it correctly. I've switched it off at the mains & re-started it but no joy. I'm lost without the Answerphone a I need it for work, so if anyone could let me know I would be so grateful.

I'm reluctant to pay out for replacement instructions as I know ours are here somewhere - I've found every other Manual from years back but not them!!

Hope someone can help. :

Sue
brryssn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 17:57   #2
Simbo
Inactive

Simbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NTL d5100 - Help!

Hi,

I'm not sure if mine is the exact same model but you could try CLEAR then 8.

Simbo
Simbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 18:26   #3
brryssn
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo View Post
Hi,

I'm not sure if mine is the exact same model but you could try CLEAR then 8.

Simbo

Hi,

Just tried that & BINGO! the phone goes on the Answerphone & I can now hear my outgoing message, but when I tried to leave a message to test it, there's no message left. There was no beep before you leave a message so something obviously still needs to be done - any idea what?!
At least I'm halfway there thanks to you! I've been tearing my hair out trying to fathom it. Must be getting old!
Old 03-06-2008, 18:47   #4
Simbo
Inactive

Hi,

Just a guess, but is the message memory full? Try deleting messages, maybe via the menu. (I'm not at home right now - so no manual to check.)

Simbo
Old 03-06-2008, 18:58   #5
brryssn
Inactive

Quote:
Hi,

Just a guess, but is the message memory full? Try deleting messages, maybe via the menu. (I'm not at home right now - so no manual to check.)

Simbo

Nope - just tried doing that & still no joy - my mind has just gone blank trying to figure it out! If you can look in your manual when you get a minute that would be great! Thanks so much!
Old 03-06-2008, 22:00   #6
Simbo
Inactive

Hi,

Yes, mine's a d5100.

Reading the manual -troubleshooting - The answering machine does not record calls -

some really obvious plug in and switch on stuff.

Delete messages (keys on main handset are labelled - not via menu as I suggested.) You've done that.

"Follow complete setup procedure and repeat if necessary."

"Try switching of the power at main socket, turn it on and try again after a few seconds."

Thats all.

Good luck,

Simbo
Old 03-06-2008, 22:22   #7
brryssn
Inactive

Quote:
Hi,

Yes, mine's a d5100.

Reading the manual -troubleshooting - The answering machine does not record calls -

some really obvious plug in and switch on stuff.

Delete messages (keys on main handset are labelled - not via menu as I suggested.) You've done that.

"Follow complete setup procedure and repeat if necessary."

"Try switching of the power at main socket, turn it on and try again after a few seconds."

Thats all.

Good luck,

Simbo

I'll have another go but done all of that - can't remember the complete setup procedure but will go back & have another try!! Thanks again for all your help!
Old 03-06-2008, 22:28   #8
mouqeet
cf.addict

Services: VM
mouqeet is an unknown quantity at this point

Why dont you take it to a repair shop they will definetly fix it ?
mouqeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:41   #9
brryssn
Inactive

Many thanks for the help & advice, but I've now managed to download a copy of the instructions from someone & so have it sorted out now!

I'd been able to get it on to the Answerphone yesterday, but it wasn't recording - it was because it was on Answer Mode only & not Answer Record!

All done now though!

Thanks again!

Sue
Old 06-06-2010, 16:10   #10
Adds
Inactive

Adds is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brryssn View Post
Hi,

I desperately need help with our NTl d5100 Dect Phone with built-in Answerphone.

The Answerphone was accidentally switched off (how I don't know!!) and I can't for the life of me remember how to reset it!

I've tried messing about with the Menu but just can't get it to work - I'm obviously not setting it correctly. I've switched it off at the mains & re-started it but no joy. I'm lost without the Answerphone a I need it for work, so if anyone could let me know I would be so grateful.

I'm reluctant to pay out for replacement instructions as I know ours are here somewhere - I've found every other Manual from years back but not them!!

Hope someone can help. :

Sue
To switch the answer machine On or Off, press the Clear button to access the answering machine, then press the On/Off button, the display will change to ANS ON or ANS Off

I put away my d5100 some years ago. how can't find the power adapter (CAT pc-0715/0730-AVD/DVD(BS) would anyone have one that they don't use anymore, Thanks
Adds is offline   Reply With Quote