Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Old 16-03-2010, 17:40   #751
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki
Re: Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sloman* View Post
Wasnt that done a few months back with encrypted configs?
Nope. Well if you look on other forums you can see that they are still in use
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2010, 17:58   #752
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Nope. Well if you look on other forums you can see that they are still in use
But no way near as many.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 20:41   #753
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
But no way near as many.
Haha that's a fair point.
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 20:45   #754
Tony.
Inactive

Services: Triple XL (Phone,BB & TV) Samsung V+HD(30 meg Superhub)
Tony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Haha that's a fair point.
Perhaps once N3 has rolled out they will look at killing the dodgy Modems
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 21:11   #755
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony. View Post
Perhaps once N3 has rolled out they will look at killing the dodgy Modems

I hope so

Old 16-03-2010, 21:11   #756
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Lets hope. Next door have four of them.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 21:13   #757
*sloman*
Inactive

Services: 100MB, M Phone and XL TV (1x Tivo, 1x Samsung V+)
*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
Lets hope. Next door have four of them.
4!!!!!!!

sugar, i wouldn't like to live on the same street as that person no bandwidth!
*sloman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 21:15   #758
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

RE: The Dodgy Boxes

The sooner they do Manchester, the better, the amount of people I know that have dodgy boxes irritates me. They wont be gloating soon...I hope
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 20:17   #759
*sloman*
Inactive

Services: 100MB, M Phone and XL TV (1x Tivo, 1x Samsung V+)
*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough

just looked on ebay for the common names nokia dbox2 currently £50 with 5 bids buy it now £119!!!!!

The title says 100% working 300 channels etc, i so want to post a note saying not for long hahahahaha
*sloman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 17:44   #760
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

A guy at my local is bragging about being able to get hold of dodgy boxes, when I told him about this new roll-out he reckoned it only affects boxes where the card is dodgy, he reckons his method involved entering some sort of code in to the box and when VM switch the channels off you simply put in a new code - I'm assuming he's talking bobbins?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 18:00   #761
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

[simplified explanation]

Yep, the code is dependant on the daily key, with the old system it was fairly easy to work out the key and even to predict the keys, with the new system no-one yet has worked out how to get the key..

So yes all you have to do is put in a new code, problem is that he won't have the new code..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 18:00   #762
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
A guy at my local is bragging about being able to get hold of dodgy boxes, when I told him about this new roll-out he reckoned it only affects boxes where the card is dodgy, he reckons his method involved entering some sort of code in to the box and when VM switch the channels off you simply put in a new code - I'm assuming he's talking bobbins?
He is talking about third party boxes such as the Eurovox which aren't modified Virgin Media set top boxes. The rollout will shut these off as they are changing the encryption and these encryption codes he's on about only work for the current encryption system. So yes he is talking a load of rubbish.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 18:01   #763
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Definitely talking bobbins.
Old 19-03-2010, 18:48   #764
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sloman* View Post
4!!!!!!!

sugar, i wouldn't like to live on the same street as that person no bandwidth!
Yeah i know it's a joke isn't it? My bandwith isn't really affected though tbh. But then again i only use it for mainly surfing the net and using this forum and the other one. I don't use XBOX live or anything. I sometimes download through itunes now and again but it aint too bad.

Next door aren't the sort of people you can report though.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 19:05   #765
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
Definitely talking bobbins.
agreed