Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lag Compensation - MW3 PS3/Xbox Gamers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Lag Compensation - MW3 PS3/Xbox Gamers

Old 29-04-2012, 16:39   #1
klabnix
Inactive

klabnix is an unknown quantity at this point
Lag Compensation - MW3 PS3/Xbox Gamers

I got the superhub and therefore my internet download speed went from up to 20mb to up to 60mb. Although on speed test sites there isn't much difference, I have notice I am the host a lot more in Modern Warfare 3 online games on the ps3.

I had thought being the host would be an advantage but I have now seen a drastic decline in my online performance for MW3 and I couldn't understand why until I learned about "lag compensation".

This video explains it perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOpFCCnv0E

I would imagine a lot of Virgin users may have this issue due to us having relatively fast internet speeds, and therefore hosting more games - generally this gives an advantage in games but not MW3.

The guy in the video (and in his notes) mentioned adding a 250ms delay fixed the issue for him, does anyone know what you do to add a delay in the superhub settings? Or any other fix that would work?

I noticed this video for Superhub users but am hoping something simpler exists seeing as I use netflix, and laptop etc online which I don't want to affect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ragvlNK_zRY

Notes: Lag compensation - MW3 issue affecting hosts (usually the best connection), different from normal Lag for those with slow connections.

Thanks!
klabnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2012, 17:19   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Lag Compensation - MW3 PS3/Xbox Gamers

You cannot do it with the Superhub. You will need to use your own router.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 17:33   #3
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

If you want to slow your connection down to avoid MW3’s lag compensation, just find the longest video on YouTube and set it playing on the lappy (there's a repeat function somewhere or other I believe - might be something added to the end of the YouTube URL - Latest Painkiller Already is nearly two and a half hours long anyway), then go off and play MW3.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 17:46   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Completely rubbish. There's no way in hell any Youtube video will max out a 60mb connection for any more than a few seconds, a minute at most. Repeat will not cause it to redownload at the end.
Old 29-04-2012, 17:49   #5
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

Don't worry Klabnix. Our resident expert is here to help you now.
Not long to go now and he'll be today's top poster.
Old 29-04-2012, 17:54   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

I actually already gave him the correct answer before you came along and started spouting rubbish.
Old 29-04-2012, 17:56   #7
Blackened
Inactive

Yada yada. One more post towards your goal.
Old 29-04-2012, 17:56   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Your goal, not mine. Only you actually seem to be counting.
Old 29-04-2012, 17:57   #9
Blackened
Inactive

What

ever
Old 29-04-2012, 18:02   #10
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

The truth. Some people can't dig it.
Old 29-04-2012, 18:03   #11
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
You cannot do it with the Superhub. You will need to use your own router.
Not that i have any use for it as i boycotted CoD after Black Ops, but how would one actually do this?
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 18:04   #12
Blackened
Inactive

Keep stacking 'em up, attention boy.
Won't anyone else play with you today?
Old 29-04-2012, 18:06   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Not that i have any use for it as i boycotted CoD after Black Ops, but how would one actually do this?
Use the netem package which is available on linux and consequently most routers that run linux:

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
Keep stacking 'em up, attention boy.
Won't anyone else play with you today?
Again, not sure why you're counting my posts but glad I'm making someone happy.
Old 29-04-2012, 18:51   #14
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Stop it, everyone, or Mr Frack-Hammer will be coming to visit...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 20:41   #15
vmfriend
Inactive

vmfriend is just really nicevmfriend is just really nicevmfriend is just really nicevmfriend is just really nicevmfriend is just really nicevmfriend is just really nice

According to some people on here it's not the game it's VM, even after I posted something similar !
vmfriend is offline   Reply With Quote