Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stupid, greedy, moronic.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Stupid, greedy, moronic.

Old 14-04-2012, 23:56   #1
cliffster
Inactive

cliffster is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid, greedy, moronic.

10.30 Saturday night, everyone is on Youtube, Netflix, Lovefilm etc and once again the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess.
Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up, why not make sure that you actually have the capacity to supply demand?
Idiots.
cliffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2012, 00:08   #2
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: Stupid, greedy, moronic.

That'd take all the fun out of being a VM customer
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 03:33   #3
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

will be fun when the speed doubling is done, I bet they dont plan on doubling capacity!
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 06:39   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

that is what I have been thinking about recently. I would love to see the numbers on what they are planning to do. They like to flap on about future proofing and knowing how bad it was before I would hope common sense would prevail and they would be tripling it to give them a bit of a cushion.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 08:53   #5
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

VM are doing a hell of a lot of upgrading all over the country, whilst I admit not every area is perfect there are more area's that are good than bad.
Old 15-04-2012, 10:27   #6
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
...there are more area's that are good than bad.
Which is no consolation to those like myself in a bad area.

As it happens my area does appear to be improving now (difficult to tell as I downgraded to 10Mbps and if they can't deliver that on DOSCIS3 then things really have got bad) but I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned VM blew it when they let the congestion in my area get as bad as it did - they could offer me 200Mbps tomorrow for £20 and I'd still move on because I'd prefer consistent decent performance to the sometimes good and sometimes dire performance I've seen this last 6 months.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 10:31   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
VM are doing a hell of a lot of upgrading all over the country, whilst I admit not every area is perfect there are more area's that are good than bad.
The amount of cabinet and fibre upgrades we are planning at the moment is keeping myself and my colleges busy to say the least. Its a very big increase on what we planned last year

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 10:42   #8
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Sounds like good news - let's just hope it delivers what is required
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 10:43   #9
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffster View Post
10.30 Saturday night, everyone is on Youtube, Netflix, Lovefilm etc and once again the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess.
I wasn't doing much more than standard surfing last night at that time, but I certainly didn't have any problems. I'll do some YTing, tonight if you like and report back. However, I don't expect there to be any problems so your statement will clearly be in error.

My point, once again, is that you should not rely on hyperbole and over-generalisation.

I am sorry you are having problems in your area but unless you can prove your statement to be true then you might want to re-think your thread title as it is possibly libellous.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 11:25   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up, why not make sure that you actually have the capacity to supply demand?
Idiots.
Not quite to say the least.

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 12:40   #11
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

^Post was made late in the evening... would only be fair to post a speedtest from a similar time frame...
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 12:59   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
^Post was made late in the evening... would only be fair to post a speedtest from a similar time frame...
Mine are the same any time of day.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:12   #13
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Idiots.
Sorry to hear about your problems - there does seem to be recurring problems reported by CF'ers in your area.

Was there anything on the status pages?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:22   #14
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
And from the same area of the network..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 14:24   #15
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that is what I have been thinking about recently. I would love to see the numbers on what they are planning to do. They like to flap on about future proofing and knowing how bad it was before I would hope common sense would prevail and they would be tripling it to give them a bit of a cushion.
I doubt its anywhere near tripling, I dont think they will even be doubling capacity, more like 50% increase (if that)
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote