Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 30-11-2016, 17:44   #1636
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

I'm positive the TellyTablet is a relation of the TellyTubbies!!
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2016, 17:57   #1637
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Anyone noticed if voice search has been mentioned for it? I don't recall seeing anything.

It's my favourite feature on the Fire TV and Sky Q is supposed to get updated with it at some point.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 18:00   #1638
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
I'm positive the TellyTablet is a relation of the TellyTubbies!!
You can even give it a name like Tinky Winky or Laa-Laa.
Old 30-11-2016, 18:05   #1639
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The configuration you suggest is exactly what I have and you can watch the TiVo's recordings on the TV connected to the V6. The TiVo, obviously, requires a co-ax connection as well as the Ethernet connection. My TiVo is not connected to a TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
If both are on the same network then yes you should be bale to watch recordings on either in either of your 2 rooms unles the V6 has some stange understanding of what constitutes being on the same network but that would be very unlikely. MRS is a great feature.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Basically a NAS then ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Will do if I can persuade myself to part with £300 on it!
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 18:08   #1640
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Just looking at the pricing

New customers and those on 'Full house' or 'VIP' pay £49.95 during the promotional price but existing customers on other packages have to pay £99.95

Surely all customers should be offered it at the promotional price even if it was only for a week or 2
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 18:12   #1641
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That's not promotional pricing as far as I'm aware but the normal pricing i.e. those on the top tiers always get a lower price compared with the lower bundles.

From the press release:
Quote:
The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost.

New and existing customers with a top-tier Full House or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95.
Old 30-11-2016, 18:16   #1642
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's not promotional pricing as far as I'm aware but the normal pricing i.e. those on the top tiers always get a lower price compared with the lower bundles:
From the VM forum

The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost.

New and existing customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...h/ba-p/3269538
Old 30-11-2016, 18:19   #1643
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes. It's promotional compared with the 'full' price of £99.95. But it doesn't mean it's a time limited price.

As far as I know:

New customers and existing customers on lower bundles always pay £99.95.

New customers and existing customers on top tier Full House or VIP bundles always pay £49.95.
Old 30-11-2016, 18:22   #1644
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Thanks for clearing that up I assume promotional to be a limited offer rather than a permanent price may be discounted price would be a better word to use
Old 30-11-2016, 18:24   #1645
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
From the VM forum

New and existing customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...h/ba-p/3269538
I complained about the cost to Customer relations, they have given me a credit for the cost to upgrade. I think more details will come out nearer the the time. Most VM employees are now quoting 6th December as the sale date, unprompted.

Hopefully the V6 is better and will remain better i.e. Speed and performance... watch this space
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 18:31   #1646
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
I complained about the cost to Customer relations, they have given me a credit for the cost to upgrade. I think more details will come out nearer the the time. Most VM employees are now quoting 6th December as the sale date, unprompted.

Hopefully the V6 is better and will remain better i.e. Speed and performance... watch this space
Can we get more than one, somebody said it's 100 hours of hd, previous TiVo 125 hours where has rest gone.
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 18:38   #1647
MisterQ

I wonder how long it will be before the targeted adverts start appearing on the menu screens and when you press pause during recordings etc. I'm sure many of us remember the unsuccessful trials and plans they had from a few years ago. No doubt with the extra power of the box and lack of additional monthly premium, this will be high on the agenda again?
Old 30-11-2016, 18:43   #1648
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
If it's no good maybe stinky winky.
Old 30-11-2016, 19:07   #1649
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Can we get more than one
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
somebody said it's 100 hours of hd, previous TiVo 125 hours where has rest gone.
There is no exact figure as it depends on the bit-rate of the channel you are recording, and they vary quite widely.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 19:22   #1650
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes

There is no exact figure as it depends on the bit-rate of the channel you are recording, and they vary quite widely.
How much is two on VIP
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote