Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 06-01-2015, 18:12   #4876
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairhoyle View Post
Well what else is it?

If the hub lights change colour kick you out of the internet and all wireless connections surely that is a reboot?
Interesting.

Your reboots appeared to have caused my broadband, which isn't even on VM, to drop at exactly the same time and for exactly the same length of time.

Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2015, 18:42   #4877
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Upstream US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 5 N/A N/A 4
Frequency (Hz) 31000000 N/A N/A 37600000
Ranging Status Success N/A N/A Success
Modulation 16QAM N/A N/A 16QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 5120000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 42.25 N/A N/A 42.25
T1 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T2 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T3 Timeouts 2 0 0 0
T4 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 18:46   #4878
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

2 x T3 timeouts, zero T4s. Nothing that would've caused the connection to drop.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 18:47   #4879
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well what else is it?
Routing problems at ThinkBroadband, as you've already been told.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 23:12   #4880
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Routing problems at ThinkBroadband, as you've already been told.
OK, in your opinion, why with a SH1 does those red lines reboot the hub but doesn't do it with SH2?

as I said previously, the SH1 was constantly restarting - solid blue lights, then they would go out...top light flashes yellow, then they all come back on yellow followed by the top light turning blue and then I get internet access again.
Old 06-01-2015, 23:32   #4881
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
OK, in your opinion, why with a SH1 does those red lines reboot the hub
It does not.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 23:47   #4882
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
It does not.
So was I imagining my internet dropping out all this time?!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:00   #4883
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
So was I imagining my internet dropping out all this time?!
See this? This is my Virgin connection:

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Now see this? This is a leased line that doesn't use a superhub:

Notice the same red lines? There was a much wider issue at those times, it might have affected your internet because it was clearly widespread enough to affect all routes to ThinkBroadband, but it wasn't a reboot.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:52   #4884
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Confirmed as a TBB issue http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/new...qm-pinger.html

My graphs for a Plusnet, Sky and work connection all show it too.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:54   #4885
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
See this? This is my Virgin connection:

Now see this? This is a leased line that doesn't use a superhub:

Notice the same red lines? There was a much wider issue at those times, it might have affected your internet because it was clearly widespread enough to affect all routes to ThinkBroadband, but it wasn't a reboot.

It does seem that TBB have now confirmed its a problem at their end however here is graph of mine from 30th December 2014

I was on the internet most of that day, I still had the SH1 and all those drop outs resulted in me losing internet access. This was confirmed via the stats on my router status.

After the last 6 weeks of drop outs I thought yesterday would have been the same, I wasn't at home when I posted about it yesterday, now its confirmed as a TBB issue.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:39   #4886
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 22:05   #4887
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I'm going to ring them up tomorrow and see if they can do anything about it, if not, I'll try and cancel quoting the price rise and quality of line :-(

Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 22:11   #4888
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Well, something's been happening today when I was at work!

My logs show multiple T3 and MDD timeouts, as well as the following: TFTP Request Retries exceeded, CM unable to register.

That, and my downstream power is down to around 0dBmV from 4ish, and upstream power to 48dBmV from 40ish. So I think there was either a fault or someone re-jigged something in my area.

This area has always been good for speeds, but a quick test on TBB and Speedtest show it easily maxing out at 107mb on the downstream. In fact I've never seen such a flat graph from either test before. Not bad for peak time.

Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 21:31   #4889
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Been pretty good tonight I reckon........

Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 02:31   #4890
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Mine has been getting steadily worse over the last lot of months, but the upgrade in our area is due soonish so I'm hoping that sorts it:

Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote