Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone here got a cat like this

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Anyone here got a cat like this

Old 28-04-2012, 23:00   #1
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Anyone here got a cat like this

This is what I call a real moggy. LINK
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2012, 23:32   #2
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Anyone here got a cat like this

Just imagine the amount of crap that monstrosity will deposit in innocent neighbours' gardens...
Old 28-04-2012, 23:36   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Just imagine the amount of crap that monstrosity will deposit in innocent neighbours' gardens...
Somehow i dont think he will be able to get over the fence into another garden

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 00:09   #4
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Somehow i dont think he will be able to get over the fence into another garden
If he did, I think he'd struggle to get away from my super soaker
Old 29-04-2012, 00:16   #5
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Now that's one heck of a pussy!!

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 00:19   #6
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
erm, okay
Old 29-04-2012, 02:16   #7
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

garfields offspring
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 10:36   #8
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

ha! my question is how can anyone let it get to that point where the cat can cause a earthquake by landing?
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 19:22   #9
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
It's very big. the owner probably needs to go on a diet. as it's probably the very reason why their pussy is so big.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 22:21   #10
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
It's very big. the owner probably needs to go on a diet. as it's probably the very reason why their pussy is so big.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 15:04   #11
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Angry Re: Anyone here got a cat like this

For any pet to reach such a size is not inevitable; owners can encourage them to take the proper amount of exercise. This is abuse and neglect, pure and simple. The owner should be prosecuted, and the cat should be legally seized and given a good home.

After lots of exercise, a healthy diet and hydrotherapy, that is, the poor thing.

Looking after a cat properly is not difficult. Mine, for instance, was encouraged from kittenhood to take exercise (she was brought up originally as an indoor cat, so this was important) by the simple expedient of placing kitty treats in places where she'd have to climb or jump to get at them. This also has the added benefit of allowing the cat to exercise her natural instincts and behaviour, resulting in a more relaxed and well-behaved moggy. It worked perfectly; she is now 12 (every time I think that, I think, "No, she can't be! 12?! Really?!" - it hasn't seemed like 12 years) and showing few signs of aging or slowing down - she can still leap from my bedroom windowsill onto my wardrobe with utter grace and no effort at all.
Old 01-05-2012, 15:13   #12
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Whilst I agree with everything you say regarding abuse of pets, I am puzzled by your reference to hydrotherapy. I thought cats weren't keen on getting wet
Old 01-05-2012, 15:19   #13
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Cats are good swimmers, they just don't like to that often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5exciFebpKI
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 17:29   #14
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

That needs to have a catstric bypuss.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 17:32   #15
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Whilst I agree with everything you say regarding abuse of pets, I am puzzled by your reference to hydrotherapy. I thought cats weren't keen on getting wet
Well, no, they're not...with the possible exception of mine, who's been known to go out in all weathers. I've never known a cat like her. She once played with a snowball, in the snow.

Anyway. Hydrotherapy can be and has been very successful in the treatment of feline obesity; I remember an article in Your Cat magazine. Once they get used to it, they don't seem to mind. Cats will accept almost anything if it's done with kindness; mine hates going to the vet, but I always follow up her annual visit with treats as soon as we get home - she's been taught to associate something nasty, e.g. vet visit, medicine etc., with something nice. It helps.

There's at least one breed - the Bengal - which loves water, bred as it was from the Asian Leopard Cat, which likes fishing for its dinner; if you have a Bengal, a water feature somewhere in your house or garden is a must - otherwise she'll be sharing your bath with you or playing with the kitchen taps.