Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Burn Notice (Season 5)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I Miss House! :(

Old 03-06-2012, 00:08   #1
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough
I Miss House! :(

As title says...

I surely can't be the only one!?
adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27   #2
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: I Miss House! :(

He's only been gone a couple of weeks! Get a grip man

It did get a bit repetitive towards the end though
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:01   #3
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

What do you mean "near the end"? :/

Every week was the same for 8 years.
Mystery illness, everyone has a guess, then House has an epiphany and cures it

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:37   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Still never seen it - may watch it now that it has an ending.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 18:38   #5
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I don't miss the fake American accent...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 19:38   #6
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Well, as it was good enough to fool most Americans it can't have been that bad
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 19:43   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I don't miss the fake American accent...
Considering he got 6 Emmy nominations,2 Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Golden Globes so I assume that America didn't find it fake.
Old 03-06-2012, 19:47   #8
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Well of course not and they're entitled to their opinion just like me. I'm sure his accent wasn't the overriding factor in all those awards and I didn't say it was bad, just fake. The US is full of British actors who frequently have to fake US accents to get work. Anyway I doubt many Americans have ever seen too much of Hugh Lawrie in his many British shows - had they done so I'm sure his US 'accent' might have seemed not quite so pukker. Of course it's equally possible they might have thought his British accent wasn't very good.
Old 03-06-2012, 19:50   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Well of course not and they're entitled to their opinion just like me. The US is full of British actors who frequently have to fake US accents to get work. Anyway I doubt many of them have ever seen too much of Hugh Lawrie in his British shows - had they done so I'm sure his 'accent' might have seemed not quite so pukker.
But they would have easily picked up if the American accent was wrong or not. We're not best placed to judge precisely because we know what he normally speaks like. Those that didn't know him assumed he was American.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 20:05   #10
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
But they would have easily picked up if the American accent was wrong or not. We're not best placed to judge precisely because we know what he normally speaks like. Those that didn't know him assumed he was American.
As we all know, the US is full of accents - just like here only bigger and more diverse. I didn't say it was 'wrong' or 'bad' I said it was fake which it clearly is since he's not American, has an English accent in his normal life and only adopted the US twang to get the job. My comment is my opinion on what I didn't like about the show/his character, not a criticism of him BTW - he's a very talented man. If 99.9% of Americans disagree with me, that's fine, I was merely voicing MY opinion about his accent in this show, not theirs.
Old 03-06-2012, 22:28   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
It did get a bit repetitive towards the end
of series One, no idea how it managed so many series with basically the same scenario every single show.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 23:47   #12
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

The first half of season 4 was the best, where he was looking for a new team, and the asylum episodes of Season 6

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 16:45   #13
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
The first half of season 4 was the best, where he was looking for a new team, and the asylum episodes of Season 6
The main stand out ones for me were: Euphoria: Part 1 and 2, House's head, Wilson's Heart, Out of the chute.
adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:10   #14
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Just watched the last one today and the ending was guessed as soon as the place exploded..

One thing I didn;t realise is that the nurse (played by Bobbin Bergstrom) who was in most of the shows (130+) was actually their technical/medical expert for the show (she's done lots of others as well)..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:36   #15
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I miss House

Think I should move back in
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote