Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 26-11-2004, 16:28   #31
clockwork_satan
Inactive

clockwork_satan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the dvd thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
I'm hoping to get the 9 disc special edition of the Aliens Quadrilogy
I've already got that, along with the original Alien Legacy set. The quadrilogy is far superior, obviously, but there's some rare stuff on the legacy set.

I'm hoping to get the Neon Genesis: Evangelion Perfect Collection set for xmas!
clockwork_satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2004, 17:25   #32
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

Went and got seasons 3 and 4 of Futurama last night to complete the set - absolute class.

Just waiting to get Spiderman 2 and Troy but, other than that, I'm not allowed to get anymore before Chrimble

Just got to save my pennies for the extended Return of the King and that can then take pride of place on the top shelf (ahem) with Futurama, the other two LOTR and my Band of Brothers boxset
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 17:29   #33
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I thought I'd add the dvd's that I'm currently after - but not allowed to buy

Red Dwarf V
Alien quadrilogy
Lord Of the Rings 3 :extended set
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 17:53   #34
clockwork_satan
Inactive

clockwork_satan is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I'm lusting after the Matrix set that's getting released in just over a week. Methinks I'll add it to my xmas wanted list!

...And I put off buying all the movies seperately anyways!
clockwork_satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 18:41   #35
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

What I am getting from Santa:

The Matrix 10 disc box set
LOTR Special Extended Trilogy

my collection:

Box Sets:
Magnum P.I. season 1
Star wars (IV, V, VI)
Indiana Jones
Western (Fist full of dolars, few dollars more, Good bad ugly)
Blackadder complete series 1-4

Normal DVDs:
Pulp Fiction
Tomb Raider 1
Taxi Driver
Ronin
Gladiator
Gossip
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Dogma
Chasing Amy
Mallrats
Monty Python Life of Brian & Holy Grail

Cheesy Kung Fu movies:
A Chinese Ghost Story
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Drunken Master
Close Encounters of the Spooky Kind
Enter the Dragon
Evil Cult
Fearless Hyena
Firt of Fury
Hitman
Iron Fisted Monk
Iron Monkey
Legend 1 & 2 (legend of Fong Sai Yuk)
Magnificent Butcher
Magnificent Warriors
Kill Bill 1 & 2
New Dragon Gate Inn
Once Upon a Time in China 1 & 2
Prodigal Son
Purple Storm
Red Dragon (not silence of lambs red dragon)
Romeo Must Die
Stormriders
Tai Chi Boxer
Wing Chun

thats it so far.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 23:04   #36
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

hats off to the People at sony thay have put a very good audio
trak for the blind on to the spider man 2 dvd that has a voice
Describing the action whan no one is talking great stuff lets just
hope we see this sort of thing on dvds for years to come
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2004, 00:40   #37
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

if someone who was blind told you they "watched a film last night"

how woould you react?

I for one think it is mind boggling

ik
p.s. I don't mean to sound funny or anything like that.
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 22:15   #38
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

dose anyone know when the Alien Vs. Predator.dvd will be Release in the uk ?
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 22:19   #39
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
dose anyone know when the Alien Vs. Predator.dvd will be Release in the uk ?
7th March, I wouldn't hold your breath for it, it's an absolutely attrocious film.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 22:43   #40
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby

My DVD Collection
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 23:34   #41
homealone

any thoughts on the upcoming Metallica dvd ?
Old 26-01-2005, 23:44   #42
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

I generally don't "lust over" DVDs, unless they are Jennifer Lopez concerts.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 23:46   #43
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I am looking forward getting babylon 5, season 5 and Crusade.

I can't really say that I'm looking forward to anything else at the moment.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 23:48   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

There aren't any I really lust after as have most DVD I want. my collection(or should that be library) stands at around 260 DVDs. I have a list somewhere of them all.
Old 27-01-2005, 00:48   #45
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Wow you certainly have more than me.

At the moment I'm loving "The Bourne Supremecy"

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote