Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Create a file link in Lotus Notes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Fox Emotion

Old 16-09-2004, 23:33   #1
Electrolyte01

Fox Emotion

A friend of mine sent me this image threw messenger, and once I read the poem in it I thought it was really touching.

Have a read and see what you think.
Advertisement
Old 16-09-2004, 23:49   #2
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
Re: Fox Emotion

It has echoes of Watership Down.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 23:49   #3
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

The poem is touching.....shame it's over a (imo) cr*ppy manga style pic
Old 16-09-2004, 23:50   #4
Electrolyte01

I think the image really sets the scene of the poem
Old 17-09-2004, 00:02   #5
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I think the poem would have been fine on a blank background....
Old 17-09-2004, 00:10   #6
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
Its a photo of some kid on foxes drawn by somebody who may have been on some kind of "acid" trip. (possibly a hippy) The freaky spaced out foxes do indeed seem to be in space...in fact one seems to be wearing an arm band.

Sets the scene reeeeeeeeal nice

Old 17-09-2004, 00:11   #7
greencreeper
Inactive

greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Now, now - no hair pulling, children.
Old 17-09-2004, 00:13   #8
Electrolyte01

I shouldn't have posted this now. Now I feel like a total "touchy" person.
Old 17-09-2004, 00:13   #9
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Its a photo of some kid on foxes drawn by somebody who may have been on some kind of "acid" trip. (possibly a hippy) The freaky spaced out foxes do indeed seem to be in space...in fact one seems to be wearing an arm band.

Sets the scene reeeeeeeeal nice

What's the armband got to do with anything?
edit--and what am I missing here?
Old 17-09-2004, 00:18   #10
greencreeper
Inactive

It's interesting that when confronted with something that involves emotion, hetrosexual males tend to run for cover, evidenced by the negative "it's a crap picture" posts. I.e lets focus on something unemotional instead - the quality of the picture.

Old 17-09-2004, 00:19   #11
Electrolyte01

My mate said who ever drew it did a very good job with the colours and the light effects.
Old 17-09-2004, 00:23   #12
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper
It's interesting that when confronted with something that involves emotion, hetrosexual males tend to run for cover, evidenced by the negative "it's a crap picture" posts. I.e lets focus on something unemotional instead - the quality of the picture.

No.....You are possibly overlaying your personal prejudices onto my post.....I think the poem is very touching but I also consider the pic to be a standard (and clichÃÃâ€*’©d) example of manga at it's most unoriginal.
Old 17-09-2004, 00:24   #13
Electrolyte01

Well, people have different opinions and the way it effects them (which I think it affected me most here)
Old 17-09-2004, 00:49   #14
greencreeper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
No.....You are possibly overlaying your personal prejudices onto my post.....I think the poem is very touching but I also consider the pic to be a standard (and clichÃÃâ€*’©d) example of manga at it's most unoriginal.
Well I was actually posting in a cliched (don't ask me how you do the e with the wiggly bit on the top), tongue-in-cheek, predictable way and hoping it might be considered faintly amusing I'll move on. Yeah - crap picture, mate.
Old 17-09-2004, 09:20   #15
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
I shouldn't have posted this now. Now I feel like a total "touchy" person.

Nothing wong with being a touchy person