Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 22-08-2017, 10:57   #1906
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Sorry den, I thought that was obvious to anyone. Security is something as I take as a matter of course and looking back I can honestly say I have never had any malware, virus or rootkit on any of my PC's/laptops since perhaps 2004 (that's when I took the time to learn and take note) and had never used a PC before 2001.

I swear by ESET Smart Security. with the firewall set as interactive. It's a bit of a pain in the beginning as as every attempted connection in or out is flagged until you allow it. Even your browser of choice has to be given permission but you can set it to always allow, same with windows updates and any software you have with auto-updates etc, but once you tell the firewall to always allow it will never ask you again.

Back that up with Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy and you have a pretty good security system. Nothing is ever 100% though and you should always be aware of the links you're clicking on.
It should be but there are quite a few who are incredibly naïve and stupid when it comes to online security.
Old 01-09-2017, 15:37   #1907
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Terry Myerson‏ @tmyerson 56m
56 minutes ago

Excited to deliver the next major update to Windows 10: Fall Creators Update coming Oct. 17! http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...Zt3zHpxPm8V.97
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 15:56   #1908
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
56 minutes ago

Excited to deliver the next major update to Windows 10: Fall Creators Update coming Oct. 17! http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...Zt3zHpxPm8V.97
I haven't even had the creators update pushed to my pc yet.
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 16:33   #1909
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
you could try media creation tool to upgrade
Old 01-09-2017, 17:19   #1910
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
56 minutes ago

Good grief not another one..
Old 01-09-2017, 17:39   #1911
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Good grief not another one..
they on a 2 updates a year strategy at moment think it should only be 1 a year myself
Old 15-10-2017, 18:02   #1912
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

The update installed on Oct 11 (KB4041676) went in first time but seems to have developed a strange fault. When the PC starts it insists that a restart is wanted but when you click on the message it vanishes and no restart is wanted. It doesn't seem to cause any problems.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 20:17   #1913
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
they on a 2 updates a year strategy at moment think it should only be 1 a year myself

Microsoft say there will be another update Oct 17th 2017
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 20:43   #1914
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Microsoft say there will be another update Oct 17th 2017
yes that is the Fall Creators Update next one after that is march 2018 then be another in October 2018
Old 15-10-2017, 21:34   #1915
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes that is the Fall Creators Update next one after that is march 2018 then be another in October 2018
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 21:39   #1916
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post

Nor have I on my desktop but has been pushed on my laptop.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 21:56   #1917
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Nor have I on my desktop but has been pushed on my laptop.
you can do upgrade assistant to upgrade

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

can upgrade from there or get ISO and clean install if you want
Old 15-10-2017, 22:20   #1918
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
The update installed on Oct 11 (KB4041676) went in first time but seems to have developed a strange fault. When the PC starts it insists that a restart is wanted but when you click on the message it vanishes and no restart is wanted. It doesn't seem to cause any problems.
I have this, followed by insert external drive/media
Old 17-10-2017, 09:24   #1919
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

not seen that one nor had the creators edition update yet checked and clicked get now
downloaded set up and nothing happened on any of my win 10computers , the New update due Today 17th so be careful.
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 09:31   #1920
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf4uk View Post
not seen that one nor had the creators edition update yet checked and clicked get now
downloaded set up and nothing happened on any of my win 10computers , the New update due Today 17th so be careful.
about 6pm it be released