Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 14-09-2017, 20:38   #4651
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

RIP to S a very special young lady who's been in our lives for a long time and of whom we'll always have special and happy memories. God bless her and her family. xx

Heaven has another little angel this evening.

Last edited by Osem; 14-09-2017 at 21:30.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2017, 21:16   #4652
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

To all who have lost pets you have my sympathy atm our beloved pooch going to get a scan then depending on the results he could be facing getting light sedation for the biopsy. What comes after that is going to be either some sad news or hope, we have discussed with our son's what it could be and if that be the case as a family we have decided we would rather no treatment as treatment would only give him a couple of months but as the vet has stated he would have no quality of life and he would advise the unthinkable. IMO he has given us so much, so it be only right that we do best by him now when he needs us the most no matter how hard the decision is/will be.

It goes without say that we hope it is nothing that can't be cured or fixed with treatment no matter the cost but what we need to ask is it going to make him happy or us what is for the best and for whom!

Atm he is on Metacam for his systems and pain relief and he seems to be fine eating, walking and even playful at times but he is sleeping a lot and his mood has changed that only a pet owner will know what I mean by this I call it leave me alone mood and as a family we just let him be.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
RIP to S a very special young lady who's been in our lives for a long time and of whom we'll always have special and happy memories. God bless her and her family. xx
RIP S

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My older sister's dog (Black Labrador) has just passed away. He'd been ill with cancer for some months and was getting very tired. He had a good life and was much loved.

RIP Buster.
RIP Buster
Old 15-09-2017, 14:55   #4653
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Today hubby received a call from the vets and our dog is booked in for his scan on Thursday, so hubby will drop him off at 8am then go back and pick him up later on that day.

Just need to remember not to give any food after 8pm on the Wednesday night as were all guilty of giving him tip bits.
Old 15-09-2017, 15:14   #4654
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Today hubby received a call from the vets and our dog is booked in for his scan on Thursday, so hubby will drop him off at 8am then go back and pick him up later on that day.

Just need to remember not to give any food after 8pm on the Wednesday night as were all guilty of giving him tip bits.
Hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed.
Old 15-09-2017, 23:53   #4655
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thanks Osem.
Old 16-09-2017, 04:11   #4656
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

I hate it when people moan that the freezer is all frosted up!

But they keep leaving the door not shut properly which causes it to get all frosted up from all the warm, moist air that gets in freezing which causes the frost which in turn makes it hard to close!!!

My Pet Hate in my home!!

If this thread is about pets....!
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 14:28   #4657
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Had a letter today, saying that I won't be getting a pay rise because I haven't the criteria for one. That's fine, but what I AM cross about is last year I got signed off on counting kiosk, and back in February got signed off in produce. Still not had my badges come for that. So an email to HR on Monday methinks.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 15:40   #4658
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Just keep the email professional Mark.
Old 16-09-2017, 15:50   #4659
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Just keep the email professional Mark.
Indeed weenie and put it in draft and double check it as well just to make sure it all sounds right.
Old 16-09-2017, 19:30   #4660
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed weenie and put it in draft and double check it as well just to make sure it all sounds right.
I set up a delay on my email account to give me a short time to reconsider after hitting 'send'. It's proved a good idea a couple of times...
Old 16-09-2017, 20:27   #4661
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I set up a delay on my email account to give me a short time to reconsider after hitting 'send'. It's proved a good idea a couple of times...
The old adage: Act in haste, repent in leisure.
Old 16-09-2017, 22:28   #4662
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
The old adage: Act in haste, repent in leisure.
Very true and it's one thing I don't envy our youth for. It's so easy for them to post abusive messages on social media, for example, in a moment of anger without appreciating that they may have very serious consequences which could affect their whole lives.

I recall a very sad story of a young lad who sent a few saucy texts to a girl he fancied. To cut a long story short, it was reported and he was given a stern warning by the police but such was his shame that he subsequently shot himself.
Old 18-09-2017, 03:00   #4663
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

I've been poorly for a month or 50 and I'm up and running/walking/strolling/trying now.
I've turned into an owl! (A nighttime creature).
This thread reminds me that body clock and other stuff really isn't so bad.
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 08:59   #4664
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Work really annoyed me yesterday, first by changing people around on 3 jobs, then not getting the Waitrose hours promised after a coworker threw a hissy fit because they weren't allowed to dodge freezer and chillers. So cross today, lost hours because of them.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 11:03   #4665
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

The best advice that I can give you Mark is just think about things that annoy you, say nothing let someone else be the mouthpiece as I'm certain this will be grinding others and not just you!

Take a minute or two and think about this if these things annoy you, then you can bet your boots your co-workers will more than likely be getting annoyed.

Mark no-one likes to get mucked about and especially to have hours cut that goes everyone.

If I were you I would just bite my tongue for now and say nothing to no-one not even a co-worker about your feelings on what happened yesterday. Then what usually happens by doing this, you usually find eventually one of your co-workers will say something and that is the time that you either sit back quietly watching & listening carefully while assessing the situation or back your co-worker straightaway and air your grievances/issues with them side by side. The secret here is too remain calm whatever you choose to do.

Or you could just have a rant on here, I know it has helped me in the past with the bonus of getting advice (win win) IMO