Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 21-07-2017, 14:15   #4471
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
my mum needed a plumber yesterday [broken pipe ] first quote £800 for first hour followed by £400 for every extra half hour , a mate did it for £50 and that included £30 for parts .
Legit l hope.
Old 21-07-2017, 14:34   #4472
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Being quoted £448 for a major car service.. thankfully I can do this myself for £150.
Big saving Richard

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Legit l hope.
What a difference.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 15:09   #4473
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Legit l hope.
he's retired so you work it out
Old 21-07-2017, 15:16   #4474
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
my mum needed a plumber yesterday [broken pipe ] first quote £800 for first hour followed by £400 for every extra half hour , a mate did it for £50 and that included £30 for parts .
Ruddy hell £800 smackers what a rip off.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 15:38   #4475
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We had a Plummer came in one time for a choked toilet. He had been laying tiles for us the week before and was paid well for that, He came in had a look and went out to his van for plunger was in 5 minutes and said £30 please. We now have bought our own plunger
Old 21-07-2017, 18:15   #4476
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Mixed news today. They are going to arrange radiotherapy to start ASAP so they can reduce the steroids, because the steroids are causing the weakness and lethargy. The oncologist then told me alone that even with radiotherapy, the likely time frame she has left is 3 to 12 months. It knocked me for 6, and then I find out that my mum knew on Wednesday afternoon but didn't tell me. I had to find out today on my own. I am so low right now.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 18:55   #4477
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
he's retired so you work it out
Don't worry l have already done that.
Old 21-07-2017, 18:59   #4478
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Mixed news today. They are going to arrange radiotherapy to start ASAP so they can reduce the steroids, because the steroids are causing the weakness and lethargy. The oncologist then told me alone that even with radiotherapy, the likely time frame she has left is 3 to 12 months. It knocked me for 6, and then I find out that my mum knew on Wednesday afternoon but didn't tell me. I had to find out today on my own. I am so low right now.
So sad to hear your news Mark, Thinking of you stay strong for her
Old 21-07-2017, 23:40   #4479
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
That's just extracting the urine at those rates.

Our local plumbers charge £50 per hour plus parts.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 10:59   #4480
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's just extracting the urine at those rates.

Our local plumbers charge £50 per hour plus parts.
she was on the phone last night she said they offered £30 off the total bill cos she's a pensioner
Old 22-07-2017, 21:18   #4481
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Phoned VM retensions got through to India (Ugh) tried to haggle a better deal... I said I paid £61.50 for (L) TV; 150Mb Broadband; Evening/Weekends free calls (does anybody think this is a good deal). So she offered me BT Sports and some other channels for £73.00 up £11.50. Talk about bloody useless. I wanted a better deal for the same amount of money not £11.50 more. I told her I wanted better TV programs.

She then sent me an e-mail listing of what I already have.... What the hell.

Seriously considering going to Sky (much to my hesitance).
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 21:23   #4482
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
So called 'emergency plumbers' charge what they can get away with, especially when they know they're dealing with someone who's elderly or likely to be panicking whilst not even knowing how to turn the water off. It's outrageous. Watchdog filmed on of these scumbag companies the other week - they were charging hundreds to do basic stuff like change a water tank ball valve when all that the researchers had done is bend the ball valve arm a little so the water level was raised and it overflowed. Total, utter scumbags.

Last edited by Osem; 22-07-2017 at 21:28.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 23:11   #4483
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Phoned VM retensions got through to India (Ugh) tried to haggle a better deal... I said I paid £61.50 for (L) TV; 150Mb Broadband; Evening/Weekends free calls (does anybody think this is a good deal). So she offered me BT Sports and some other channels for £73.00 up £11.50. Talk about bloody useless. I wanted a better deal for the same amount of money not £11.50 more. I told her I wanted better TV programs.

Try doing this on Monday (or any weekday, 150, 1 for the is this the account you are calling about, then 4 then 5) and just calmly say you have been looking at the package and notice you can get a slightly better deal at SKY but you really don't want the hassle of moving to them. What can they offer you to stay as a loyal customer, rather than leaving. They should then do a full review of the account with you and work out any deals that you might be entitled to (I do stress the word MIGHT) and then it's up to you whether you stay with them at the new price, stay on what you are on now or leave to join SKY.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 07:53   #4484
denphone
Still alive and fighting

My brothers went to a friendly football game yesterday and sadly a supporter collapsed and died at the match.
Old 23-07-2017, 09:58   #4485
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:

cancel and then set up a new account in your other halves name new customers get discount existing ones don't ,when that deal runs out revert back to an account in your name .