Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-08-2015, 22:04   #6016
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I suppose the only issue for BT is the games will be in the early hours won't they ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2015, 22:28   #6017
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

More here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...-80m-coup.html

It's not specifically the Ashes but Australia's home games for the next 5 years which, of course includes the 2016/17 Ashes series.
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 23:42   #6018
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I suppose the only issue for BT is the games will be in the early hours won't they ?
Yes, start of games will be about midnight here. Cannot see it bothering Sky to much as only a limited audience.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 00:34   #6019
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Yes, start of games will be about midnight here. Cannot see it bothering Sky to much as only a limited audience.
Losing the next Ashes will bother SKY as it gives their rivals a foot in the door. The ECB will be very much looking forward to the next tender for domestic matches and SKY will no doubt have to pay a lot more to retain rights or be prepared to share or loose some.

It does now make sense as to why BT paid big sums to sign up Graeme Swann when they only had rights to Caribbean 20:20 cricket

I'm glad to see BT focusing on building up it's sports portfolio outside of just football. If they get next year's US Open tennis I'll be very happy.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 05:03   #6020
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
BT Sport win battle to show England's next Ashes series in Australia in huge blow to Sky

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...ow-to-Sky.html
Well l never expected that.

---------- Post added at 05:03 ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
That's what they said about Sky when they first started.
Old 24-08-2015, 09:23   #6021
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Haven't sky shown every England away test for about 25 years, I'm sure they'll be bothered. And it seems BT are in this for the long haul, interesting stuff
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 09:26   #6022
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes its 25 years since it started on Sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Sports#Cricket
Old 24-08-2015, 09:30   #6023
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT are rumored to have paid £80m for the 5 year contract
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 09:42   #6024
Richc1977
cf.addict

Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

They also have women's cricket and Big Bash leagues and some FTA highlights and some live games too

BT Sport has also acquired free-to-air rights that includes daily highlights of international matches and the Big Bash League, as well as one Big Bash League ‘match of the round’ broadcast live and free each week.

Interesting in that they seem to have also gained FTA content . I imagine it's for BT Sport Showcase, good to see some live cricket returning to fta.

http://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-n...es-broadcaster
Old 24-08-2015, 09:50   #6025
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

More bad news for us all. i wish bt sport would stop bloody bidding for rights. it means their prices will keep going up and sky sports wont drop their prices. everytime bt win something then our prices go up.

this is terrible news for us all
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 09:54   #6026
denphone
Still alive and fighting

All l can say is some people wanted competition to Sky and now that we have got it some seem unhappy.
Old 24-08-2015, 10:36   #6027
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
More bad news for us all. i wish bt sport would stop bloody bidding for rights. it means their prices will keep going up and sky sports wont drop their prices. everytime bt win something then our prices go up.

Not for me. I will, finally, have the choice to watch pl football (if I want), premiership rugby, and what should be some pretty decent test cricket and to a lesser extent a decent powder puff T20 tournament. Obviously it's not England, but being a neutral has its benefits if a test gets tight.

It won't cost me much more, I simply need to join bt, on a cheap deal nearer the time and get the above heavily reduced in price. It's all good in my eyes.

It's not overly bt's fault prices go up, They do offer their sports dirt cheap. Sky should reduce theirs accordingly. It's just that Sky never will!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 11:09   #6028
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Clearly not bad news for me. An XL subscriber who loves cricket and doesn't have Sky Sports
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 14:18   #6029
Richc1977
cf.addict

Quote:

Not bad news for US ALL.

I refuse to subscribe to SKY and love cricket so good news for me.

Anyway lets face it is the billions paid for football that is driving up the subs. £80m for 5 years of cricket is nothing, in fact a mere snip compared to £900m for 3 years champions league and £5billion for 3 years Premier League. I doubt this will have much impact on current level of subs.

If you are an England cricket fan it might even save you money as instead of subscribing to SKY, who won't be showing any English cricket in Dec2017/Jan2018, you instead subscribe to BT who are currently cheaper.
Old 24-08-2015, 16:45   #6030
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=Richc1977;35794957]Not bad news for US ALL.

I refuse to subscribe to SKY and love cricket so good news for me.

Anyway lets face it is the billions paid for football that is driving up the subs. £80m for 5 years of cricket is nothing, in fact a mere snip compared to £900m for 3 years champions league and £5billion for 3 years Premier League. I doubt this will have much impact on current level of subs.

If you are an England cricket fan it might even save you money as instead of subscribing to SKY, who won't be showing any English cricket in Dec2017/Jan2018, you instead subscribe to BT who are currently cheaper.[/QUOTE]

but for how long the prices will keep going up and up
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote