Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 27-08-2013, 13:29   #2056
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The Netflix offering is very different to what is offered on Sky movies. Price for a starters; only six quid a month as against £26 per month for Sky movies in HD and 5.1 audio. (much of Netflix is HD with a lot with 5.1 audio).

Sky movies does not have TV series; Netflix have loads. Most of the films on Netflix are older (hence the cheaper price) but they do have some recent films, e.g. The Hobbit and The Hunger Games.

Netflix would be a completely different additional offering to what is currently available on VM, and would be a convenient way for people who don't want an extra box to access it.
Maybe Netflix would be a suitable replacement for the woeful PictureBox, which must have very low subscription numbers these days
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2013, 13:53   #2057
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

would providing Netflix/Lovefilms hamper our relationship (call it what you will) with Sky whom we rely on to supply other chanenels.

PictureBox was never a threat but supplying Netflix/Lovefilm option VM would be suggesting an alternative to Sky for which we have a wholsesale agreement.

Is there an OFCOM ruling saying they HAVE to supply Sky movies, I think there is one to cover reasonable costs but I refer to the original point is that by pursuing this are we danger of not obtaining the final installment of the holy grail of HD/SD channels remaining not in the VM portfolio

Just think we could follow the AVP motto is that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and with SKY Vs BT we could try and use it to our advantageto procure the other channels
Old 27-08-2013, 15:22   #2058
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The following is the top 20 posters of the Coming Soon to Virgin Media 2013 treads so far:

This total is only up to August 6th - full list will be reveal in December.

No. - Poster - posts
1) denphone 1,013
2) Media Boy 792
3) johnasimmons 536
4) Dave42 415
5) howardmicks 328
6) nstokes 315
7) Chad 299
8) Jameseh 273
9) andy_m 240
10) jj20x 205
11) passingbat 197
12) ocav 191
13) Doug P 190
14) Henkesghost 176
15) Mad Max 168
16) RichardCoulter 157
17) muppetman11 153
18) harry_hitch 136
19) OLD BOY 130
20) devilincarnate 129

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Voting will start in September for the 'best channel launch on Virgin Media' on my blog.

Due to size of the channel launches this year I will be doing an month vote then the top one will go to the best channel launch poll.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-08-2013, 15:34   #2059
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Poster of the year has to go to Squire Howard methinks and for the naughty man poster of the year l think that has to go to that purveyor of naughtiness Mr Stokes.
Old 27-08-2013, 15:37   #2060
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Poster of the year has to go to Squire Howard methinks and for the naughty man poster of the year l think that has to go to purveyor of naughtiness Mr Stokes.
I am not doing an 'naughty poster of the year' that will take too long for me to make my mind up.

I have three posters in mind for 'poster of the year'.
Old 27-08-2013, 15:41   #2061
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

I'm sure poster of the year would be BomberAF?

Also I post on here more than MM and OLD BOY, wow.
Old 27-08-2013, 15:42   #2062
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

are we jumping the gun starting in September when we still have 3 months to go and if rumours are to believe we are expecting more soon in September

mind you even just looking at the first 9 months any of the candidates would still beats Channel 5+1 as best new channel of 2012 award
Old 27-08-2013, 15:45   #2063
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
are we jumping the gun starting in September when we still have 3 months to go and if rumours are to believe we are expecting more soon in September

mind you even just looking at the first 9 months any of the candidates would still beats Channel 5+1 as best new channel of 2012 award
I will have an extra round of voting in December if Virgin do launch more channels with the winner of Round 2 being on it.
Old 27-08-2013, 16:00   #2064
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Poster of the year has to go to Squire Howard methinks and for the naughty man poster of the year l think that has to go to that purveyor of naughtiness Mr Stokes.
Cheers bud,but the great mb and yourself are vastly superior to me
Old 27-08-2013, 16:06   #2065
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

I think we know what will be channel launch of the year/poster of the year/informant of the year/biggest load of bull of the year
Old 27-08-2013, 16:16   #2066
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
I think we know what will be channel launch of the year/poster of the year/informant of the year/biggest load of bull of the year
Do we???
Old 27-08-2013, 16:16   #2067
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Cheers bud,but the great mb and yourself are vastly superior to me
l am here to serve the masses of the great and the good.
Old 27-08-2013, 16:31   #2068
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Den and MB have my votes.... must post more or less to get off 13th spot!!!
Old 27-08-2013, 16:36   #2069
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

A random off topic question I just need a quick answer. Can you get virgin media without a phone line? We have XL tv, sky sports and medium broadband and large phone. If we remove the phone is this possible and how much would I save?

I love you all
Old 27-08-2013, 16:37   #2070
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

I asked this six months ago and was advised that you can drop the landline but that the saving is er not much....
Closed Thread