Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | bbc channels problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

bbc channels problems

Old 23-06-2011, 17:18   #1
Cabledude1
Inactive

Cabledude1 is an unknown quantity at this point
bbc channels problems

Hi, I have a sagem freeview box.
A couple of months ago i started getting intermittent/random (daily) problems with the BBC channels and its been like it since.
Whilst on say bbc1, it will just randomly change to another bbc channel, like news 24, or bbc3. (and sometimes even from bbc1 back to bbc1, the screen just goes black for a second and then bbc1 comes back on).

I also keep getting a problem with the red button. Even though i dont press it, the menu comes up as if it has been pressed. I then have to press the exit button to close it. This is just as random/intermittent as the 1st problem.

Its almost like someone else has a remote and is playing tricks on me, but it only does it on the BBC channels. Ive taken batteries out of my remote (to eliminate weak signal confusion), closed curtains & doors etc so i know for deffo that its not someone elses remote interfering, and like i mentioned, ONLY affects the BBC channels, all the other channels like ITV, Channel 4, 5 etc are absolutely fine, never get any probs at all.

One last thing might be worth mentioning, is that when i press info from another channel, say ITV, and press down to bbc1, the epg is just blank so i cant see whats on that channel unless i actually switch to it.

So all in all, quite a few problems and i think they are all connected as they all started at the same time.

I have re-tuned my box dozens of times. This seems to stop the problem for a while but it comes back.

Its driving me nuts, watcing a show, then suddenly the channel just changes at a vital moment and i end up missing 10 seconds and then go back and dont know what happened ! It happened the other week, just as Alan sugar was about to fire someone on the apprentice, it switched to another BBc channel, and i missed it !! so dam annoying.

Can anyone help please?
Thankyou
Cabledude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-06-2011, 18:57   #2
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age
Re: bbc channels problems

Have you tried a mains reset (unplug from mains wait 30 seconds plug back in)? That's about all you can try. If it's not under guarantee it's not worth repairing, as it will cheaper to replace.

Just checked, there is a software update for some sagem freeveiw models might be worth doing a software update check on your box.
Old 23-06-2011, 19:52   #3
Cabledude1
Inactive

I have tried the mains reset, and so far so good. I cant do the software update as i havent got the manual anymore. Thanks for your help.
Old 23-06-2011, 20:38   #4
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Try going into the menu and looking for box settings. If it ask for a pin it's usually "0000" or "1234".
Old 23-06-2011, 20:44   #5
Cabledude1
Inactive

I have had a good look around in the menu's and theres no option for updates. Thanks again.