Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2017, 16:25   #1021
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

... and with 6 tuners who needs catchup and on demand anyway?
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2017, 16:35   #1022
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Doesn't matter how many tuners you have when you are unable to view any sky sports or BT sports channels and have no broadband.

No diagnostic service available so virgin cannot investigate - been like this since 8am - latest est is now 6pm!

What idiot chose to do maintenance on Easter Sunday?
Old 16-04-2017, 17:36   #1023
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

This negative feedback is really putting me off getting the new TiVo box. Think I'll wait till(if) Virgin iron out all the problems.
Old 16-04-2017, 17:38   #1024
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
This negative feedback is really putting me off getting the new TiVo box. Think I'll wait till(if) Virgin iron out all the problems.
...And yet the vast majority of us are well pleased with the V6. You will always get complaints, no matter how good the service. I understand there are more issues with the Sky Q than with the V6.
Old 16-04-2017, 18:13   #1025
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'm one of virgins biggest critics but tbf to vm with new technology you will get bugs no matter who you're with, even my ps4 had bugs to begin with as did roku.
As technology evolves bugs will become more common.
Old 16-04-2017, 18:21   #1026
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'm one of virgins biggest critics but tbf to vm with new technology you will get bugs no matter who you're with, even my ps4 had bugs to begin with as did roku.
As technology evolves bugs will become more common.
Fair enough but still think I'll wait until those issues are ironed out
Old 16-04-2017, 18:35   #1027
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I always wait now with new tech i give it at least a year before i buy.
Old 16-04-2017, 19:53   #1028
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
What issues are you referring to?
The only issue I have with my two V6s is that one, connected via WiFi, doesn't run Netflix. Hardly a showstopper for me. I'm not aware of any other major bugs - my two perform more reliably than the older TiVos they replaced now that the new update is out.
Old 16-04-2017, 21:25   #1029
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I find VOD useful for when the V6 clips recordings or when programmes overrun.

I soon found that adding padding caused problems at peak times and that most programmes didn't overrun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
What issues are you referring to?
The only issue I have with my two V6s is that one, connected via WiFi, doesn't run Netflix. Hardly a showstopper for me. I'm not aware of any other major bugs - my two perform more reliably than the older TiVos they replaced now that the new update is out.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...704015&page=18

The main problems seem to be not recording whilst in Standby, recordings only being made for the first few minutes of a programme, missing channels and certain recordings causing the box to reboot. I've experienced the first three, but not the fourth.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Interestingly, the DTT licence list has changed as follows:

Changed:
- BTPreview
... into:
+ BTPreviewHD

Changed:
- BTSportShowcase
... into:
+ BTSportShowcaseHD

That would indicate that they are now able to carry these in HD or convert them to HD later on Freeview.

I wonder if we will be getting these free BT Sport channels in HD on VM?
Old 17-04-2017, 00:02   #1030
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Interestingly, the DTT licence list has changed as follows:

Changed:
- BTPreview
... into:
+ BTPreviewHD

Changed:
- BTSportShowcase
... into:
+ BTSportShowcaseHD

That would indicate that they are now able to carry these in HD or convert them to HD later on Freeview.

I wonder if we will be getting these free BT Sport channels in HD on VM?
Both the DTPS (DTT) and the TLCS (Cable and Satellite) licences have changed. VM has already carried the HD content over the Hidden BT Sport HD channel, which is set up to be switched in and out of channel 100.

I doubt that we will get the full time service, as it is just a rolling advert loop for BT services.

Old 17-04-2017, 08:42   #1031
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I had so many problems with my old TiVos that, cost aside, upgrading to a couple of V6s was basically a no-brainer. Since then I have only encountered the most minor problems the worst of which was a single failed recording. FWIW from my experience compared to the original Virgin Media TiVo the V6 is a worthwhile upgrade.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:00   #1032
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The main problems seem to be not recording whilst in Standby, recordings only being made for the first few minutes of a programme, missing channels and certain recordings causing the box to reboot. I've experienced the first three, but not the fourth.
There was a simple workaround of not using Standby until the issue was fixed - it now is.
I've not experienced any of the others at all and my V6s are whirring away every day. There are a few minor bugs and I've no doubt others may experience problems I've not had, but often I think many of those reported on Cable Forum are down to local issues rather than the V6 itself. My family have found the V6 to be a considerable improvement over previous Virgin Media hardware and well worth the upgrade.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:36   #1033
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
but often I think many of those reported on Cable Forum are down to local issues rather than the V6 itself.
There are many different reasons why some people will see issues you aren't seeing , look how many different TV sets there are then factor in people connect their STB's in many different ways some will plug direct to the TV some will go through an AV Receiver.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:41   #1034
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Doesn't matter how many tuners you have when you are unable to view any sky sports or BT sports channels and have no broadband.

No diagnostic service available so virgin cannot investigate - been like this since 8am - latest est is now 6pm!

What idiot chose to do maintenance on Easter Sunday?
Your problem doesn't seem to be a V6 problem at all, but some sort of area fault. How do you know this has resulted from maintenance work?

Sorry to hear you've lost your services until Friday. It pays to have some back-up arrangements if you can afford to do so. If my cable system goes down, I still have my smart TV (connected to the aerial) and my Roku stick.

If the broadband goes down as well, I still have my DVD recorder, so I would still have access to live Freeview channels and all my recordings on there.

However, if I have a power cut, I'm stuffed!
Old 17-04-2017, 10:45   #1035
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There are many different reasons why some people will see issues you aren't seeing , look how many different TV sets there are then factor in people connect their STB's in many different ways some will plug direct to the TV some will go through an AV Receiver.
Indeed there are a plethora of reasons why some have problems as its not as easy sometimes as just adding 2+2 which makes 4 as some seem to imagine sometimes MM.