Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just received a great PAYG to contract offer.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Just received a great PAYG to contract offer.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:08   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Just received a great PAYG to contract offer.

I rarely use my personal mobile phone, so have so far resisted the offers of a £5 per month SIM only deal for a fixed amount of data, text and voice calls.

The other day I received a phone call to offer me the following, which I've accepted:

Zero cost per month.

Unlimited calls to 01,02 and 03 landline numbers 24/7.

Unlimited data.

Unlimited calls to Virgin mobiles 24/7.

45p per minute to other mobile networks.

30 day rolling contract.

I only receive free weekend calls on my VM landline, so will use my mobile when at home instead.

Not sure what benefit this is to VM??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2017, 06:15   #2
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: Just received a great PAYG to contract offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I rarely use my personal mobile phone, so have so far resisted the offers of a £5 per month SIM only deal for a fixed amount of data, text and voice calls.

The other day I received a phone call to offer me the following, which I've accepted:

Zero cost per month.

Unlimited calls to 01,02 and 03 landline numbers 24/7.

Unlimited data.

Unlimited calls to Virgin mobiles 24/7.

45p per minute to other mobile networks.

30 day rolling contract.

I only receive free weekend calls on my VM landline, so will use my mobile when at home instead.

Not sure what benefit this is to VM??

Read the small print very carefully
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 13:32   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I wasn't aware that Virgin Mobile were doing any unlimited data plans anymore.

So is it a residential mobile offer or a business mobile offer?
Old 12-06-2017, 14:30   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Residential.

Wonder if I've been lied to Ben, it sounded like one of those outbound foreign call centres that was doing it.
Old 12-06-2017, 15:55   #5
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Residential.

Wonder if I've been lied to Ben, it sounded like one of those outbound foreign call centres that was doing it.
It does seem strange. Did they know all about you or did they ask some questions to get useful information ( for a scam) out of you
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 16:33   #6
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I hope you have got this good without a scam
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 22:57   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
It does seem strange. Did they know all about you or did they ask some questions to get useful information ( for a scam) out of you
They knew all about me (though that could still be because of a hack).

They only asked for two letters from my password and then I got a text to my phone.

Apparently, after my PAYG balance is used up, any charge for non VM mobile calls will be collected via the direct debit used to pay for my broadband etc.

I really can't see the point in a 30 day contract. They can't force me to use my Virgin SIM card for free or chargeable call or from using another company at any time I want to and there are no changes involved if I don't call non Virgin mobiles.

Perhaps it's a retention tool for TV/Phone/BB as they know I rarely use it (although I will use it more now).

They also did a credit check on me.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 13-06-2017 at 23:04.
Old 17-06-2017, 20:54   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Read the small print very carefully
Turns out you were right Ken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I wasn't aware that Virgin Mobile were doing any unlimited data plans anymore.

So is it a residential mobile offer or a business mobile offer?
You were right Ben, VM no longer offer unlimited data.

After finding out that I was lied to and that it includes no data at all, I rang to complain. They will be listening to the call as it was recorded.

At the moment, I don't have a Smartphone, but they've agreed to give me the first month free and a discount of half price for six months by way of an apology and to meet me halfway.

I have no immediate plans to get a Smartphone, so it doesn't really matter to me, but this guy needs to be stopped from doing this again.

For some reason they have it down as a business mobile; does this make a difference?

I rarely use it, but when I do it's for both business and personal calls.
Old 17-06-2017, 22:33   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media Business have they're own Mobile service, so it is possible that some of their 'best offer' deals may be different.

Still no unlimited data on the upfront deals though https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...y/mobile-sims/
Old 18-06-2017, 17:25   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Oh right. The phone was bought for me by a director of the company.

I assumed that it was a personal gift, but it looks like it was bought through the company. I can't ask him as he's died since, but it sounds like it might be better to leave things as they are. It did enable the company to keep in touch with me when out and about, so it is legitimate.

I was told that it was a rolling 30 day contract, but online and the call centre still refer to it as PAYG