Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Red Button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Red Button

Old 12-04-2012, 09:05   #46
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: BBC Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No l thought it was quite quick and remember it is much more graphics rich and has plenty of video content on it as well to load.

Yesterday the "front screen" came quickishly ( sorry no such word but you get my drift). But I got dizzy watching the "ring" go on and on and well you get the picture. Seems to be a bit of a problem (speed I mean ) every time I try ( not that, many times I have to add) to use apps
Old 12-04-2012, 13:25   #47
IanCal
Inactive

IanCal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Yesterday the "front screen" came quickishly ( sorry no such word but you get my drift). But I got dizzy watching the "ring" go on and on and well you get the picture. Seems to be a bit of a problem (speed I mean ) every time I try ( not that, many times I have to add) to use apps
You can still launch into iPlayer/News/Sport before the loading spinner disappears and broadcast comes back.
IanCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:51   #48
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCal View Post
You can still launch into iPlayer/News/Sport before the loading spinner disappears and broadcast comes back.
Thank you, will try when I want to use it,as apposed to playing about with it.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:17   #49
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

just went to try the red button and its not working and an error message came up so maybe they are adding the feed to the sport button for the f1 race. will have to wait and see.
windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 08:29   #50
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Any comment seen on regional news being added as is currently available on the old freeview red button? It has been a useful way to check new in your local area for me.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 08:37   #51
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Any comment seen on regional news being added as is currently available on the old freeview red button? It has been a useful way to check new in your local area for me.
No nothing at the moment as l have to say myself this was one area l always checked myself as well and lets hope this will be added in future updates of the app.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:00   #52
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Have to say, what I'd like to see is what we have on Freeview/V+ HD box and that is when you press red, instead of Tivo users only seeing the APP buttons, the list actually showing whats available via the red button instead of having to go into the app to find out. (does this make sense lol)
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 10:05   #53
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Have to say, what I'd like to see is what we have on Freeview/V+ HD box and that is when you press red, instead of Tivo users only seeing the APP buttons, the list actually showing whats available via the red button instead of having to go into the app to find out. (does this make sense lol)
Mobes it makes perfect sense and logic in my mind.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:47   #54
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
That`s what was bugging me last night. Was not going to run around the house to see what was different. Thank you so much
Old 13-04-2012, 12:23   #55
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Also STILL no word about if we will be able to record individual Olympic red button streams >
Old 13-04-2012, 12:25   #56
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Also STILL no word about if we will be able to record individual Olympic red button streams >
Well if the beeb and VM decide to put the streams into the BBC Sport App then I very much doubt you'll be able to
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 12:46   #57
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Well if the beeb and VM decide to put the streams into the BBC Sport App then I very much doubt you'll be able to
The VM need to sort out with the BBC quick smart. I'll be peed off if i can't do this.
Old 13-04-2012, 12:59   #58
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
The VM need to sort out with the BBC quick smart. I'll be peed off if i can't do this.

Have a look At TiVo help & Support on Virgin Media ( sorry never mastered how to post link. ) I think what we would like will be a long time coming, if I am reading the post correctly Pasted it !

I understand. Unfortunately we can't just lift what we have on the v+ boxes as it's a completely different technology so requires a full re-write. Rest assured we haven't stopped working on this app, it's still in progress. What we did want to do though was get a working, useful application out on TiVo and then keep adding things. Had we waited until we were completely finished with it supporting everything, we'd definitely not be live right now.
Cheers
Ian
Well at least this is an honest answer. Not coming soon !!!
Old 13-04-2012, 13:56   #59
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Have a look At TiVo help & Support on Virgin Media ( sorry never mastered how to post link. ) I think what we would like will be a long time coming, if I am reading the post correctly Pasted it !

I understand. Unfortunately we can't just lift what we have on the v+ boxes as it's a completely different technology so requires a full re-write. Rest assured we haven't stopped working on this app, it's still in progress. What we did want to do though was get a working, useful application out on TiVo and then keep adding things. Had we waited until we were completely finished with it supporting everything, we'd definitely not be live right now.
Cheers
Ian
Well at least this is an honest answer. Not coming soon !!!
Well perhaps it might come quicker then you think Itshim.
Old 13-04-2012, 18:42   #60
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well perhaps it might come quicker then you think Itshim.
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote