Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CableHell Status

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CableHell Status
Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2009, 15:18   #31
Jack Hackett
Inactive

Jack Hackett is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CableHell Gone?

Thanks Crash, Stuart and David.

I'm just busy trying to get my head around what happened, sort of still numb from shock.

It's the site members I feel who have been let down most of all by having no advance warning and being kicked hard where it hurts, anyhoo.. I can assure you David, we the ex-cablehell.co.uk site team are currently trying our best to find a solution to this nightmare situation.
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2009, 15:23   #32
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

by the way, to help recognition, if you were known by another name on cablehell and you drop one of us a pm, please include the name we knew you as on cablehell so we know who you are
Old 17-03-2009, 15:23   #33
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You're all welcome here anyway, although I can understand you want to try to get back what you had, and obviously enjoyed and put a lot of time and effort into.
Old 17-03-2009, 15:28   #34
david2009
Inactive

david2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
Thanks Crash, Stuart and David.

I'm just busy trying to get my head around what happened, sort of still numb from shock.

It's the site members I feel who have been let down most of all by having no advance warning and being kicked hard where it hurts, anywho.. I can assure you David, we the ex-cablehell.co.uk site team are currently trying our best to find a solution to this nightmare situation.
Jack, would it be an option to start a new forum from scratch if FuzzyOne wont allow the forum to be handed to you and Crash. I am aware it would be hard work starting a new one and it would take time to build up. It's not difficult or a great deal of expense to open a new forum with Invision, they can also host it for you too, so you would not need servers etc. Just a thought and if I can be of any help let me know.

David.
Old 17-03-2009, 15:30   #35
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
by the way, to help recognition, if you were known by another name on cablehell and you drop one of us a pm, please include the name we knew you as on cablehell so we know who you are
Mine's easy
Old 17-03-2009, 15:31   #36
Jack Hackett
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You're all welcome here anyway, although I can understand you want to try to get back what you had, and obviously enjoyed and put a lot of time and effort into.
Aye, thanks m8.

You have no idea how much some put into it, the blood sweat 'n' tears.

For now I'll just have to call this a temporary home, damn, never thought I'd ever say that ( JH rushes about frantically looking for a bar of carbolic to wash his gob out with! )
Old 17-03-2009, 15:36   #37
david2009
Inactive

david2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Any complimentary cups of coffee or blackberry muffins available for new members please.
Old 17-03-2009, 15:39   #38
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

'fraid not, but we do an excellent group hug if you like that sort of thing

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
Aye, thanks m8.

You have no idea how much some put into it, the blood sweat 'n' tears.

For now I'll just have to call this a temporary home, damn, never thought I'd ever say that ( JH rushes about frantically looking for a bar of carbolic to wash his gob out with! )
Wha' ? You'll love this place, it's all rosy ... delicately perfumed and beautiful to look at. Just be careful you don't tread in the horse ****.
Old 17-03-2009, 15:57   #39
Jack Hackett
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2009 View Post
Jack, would it be an option to start a new forum from scratch if FuzzyOne wont allow the forum to be handed to you and Crash. I am aware it would be hard work starting a new one and it would take time to build up. It's not difficult or a great deal of expense to open a new forum with Invision, they can also host it for you too, so you would not need servers etc. Just a thought and if I can be of any help let me know.

David.
Thanks m8,

We are already looking at our available options and have been doing so and discussing like mad all the way through the wee hours. Also, please note David, the ex-site team does not just consist of us two, there are also our colleagues and good friends the ex-moderators and ex-Admins Moox and Steve too.

All I can say currently is that we are trying our best to make a suitable arrangement for the benefit of our site members, Crash is the best one to talk to regarding any offers of assistance or advice. Thanks anyway for the advice, appreciated m8.

[

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:
Wha' ? You'll love this place, it's all rosy ... delicately perfumed and beautiful to look at. Just be careful you don't tread in the horse ****.
That's ok m8, I always have my wellies on, I'm used to cleaning up my own as well as other folks, it's good for the roses too. I think I'll plant a few new rose bushes while I'm here and bury the horse s*** under it.. although, I can't promise anything. I do have an unfortunate bad habit of doing it the wrong way round at times.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2009 View Post
Any complimentary cups of coffee or blackberry muffins available for new members please.
What? No booze?
Old 17-03-2009, 16:02   #40
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Inspired by your user status would today not be a great opportunity to get some "I got P45'd by CableHell" tshirts printed??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 17-03-2009, 16:03   #41
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Think this could do with an edit too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CableHell
Old 17-03-2009, 16:05   #42
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

That would be a bit premature, unless you're thinking of adding a 'current event' tag to the page. At least give Crash and the rest of them a chance to put things in order before you pen the obituary!
Old 17-03-2009, 16:07   #43
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

That's what I meant - 'On the 16th March 2009 the site was temporarely taken offline' or summat similar

EDIT: excuse my spelling
Old 17-03-2009, 16:11   #44
Jack Hackett
Inactive

Quote:
That would be a bit premature, unless you're thinking of adding a 'current event' tag to the page. At least give Crash and the rest of them a chance to put things in order before you pen the obituary!
Agreed m8, give us a chance folks. It's only been about 18 hours.
Old 17-03-2009, 16:12   #45
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's what I meant - 'On the 16th March 2009 the site was temporarely taken offline' or summat similar

EDIT: excuse my spelling
You would need to be able to cite the news, from a non-user-editable source, if you want to do it according to official wiki standards. You could link to the Cablehell homepage for that, but then you wouldn't be able to put in the wiki any more info than is on the cablehell homepage, which isn't a lot.

Even so, I think it's best left alone for now. The team over there might yet be able to work something out, so it quickly becomes as if it was never gone.
Closed Thread