Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-02-2007, 20:47   #46
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoapple View Post
sorry to be rude here but why am i still getting india when phoning i thought they were stopping that
line reception is rubbish
they said they may stop it and it will be happening its not happened yet.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2007, 17:59   #47
Biohazard55
Inactive

Biohazard55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently had my V+ box installed, Ordering through CS went very smoothly.

On the day of the installation the engineer called me about 1 hour before he was supposed to arrive to ask if it was Ok for him to come early.

After the installation I had a few problems with the box itself but after a long call (Took CS a while to find the root of the problem) my V+ Box was working perfectly.

Overall my experiences with the 'new' Virgin Media have been very good. Will definately be staying with them.
Biohazard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 17:52   #48
Davos119
Inactive

Davos119 is an unknown quantity at this point

I called to subscribe to the 3 for £30 deal. Previously I was just an NTL Broadband customer. Call was dealt with efficiently and pleasantly from a UK call centre and an appointment was made. Engineer came and installed the phone and TV service no problems. He said 'NTL' when I answered the door though, but we both had a laugh about that.

Then I read a bit more about V+ and decided I'd made the wrong decision. I decided that paying the extra £15 per month for the V+ box might be worth it. So I called them back. Again the call was handled well. Technically, as my install was now already complete, I should have been subject to the £75 "swap out" fee for having them come round a second time to put in the V+. I pleaded that I'd made an honest mistake when I chose my services. The guy said "If I tell you you have to pay the £75, will you cancel all your services with Virgin and leave us?” I said "..errrrrrr, yes.” He said, ”Okay, we'll waive the charge, and we can get an engineer out to you again on Monday.” Excellent.

So top marks then, firstly on so readily waiving the charge (it was my fault after all, not theirs. And secondly for getting someone out again so quick).

When someone did come out, there were two of them, and they had no information about the appointment. They assumed it was for broadband. They didn't have a V+ box with them. However, they got on the phone and arranged for someone who did have a V+ box to come to me within 15 minutes. It was more like half an hour, but sure enough, someone turned up with a V+ box in his van. Then, 5 minutes later, another person turned up who knew how to install the V+box. They installed it fine between them.

Okay, so it took them 4 separate engineers in 4 separate vans to get it done, but to be fair to them, they did it, and when there was a hitch, they sorted it.

Unfortunately, when I went to use the box, I found that the volume and mute controls were not functioning. I called technical support. Not in the UK (yet?). I explained the problem and the guy seemed very confused. We re-booted the box (I'd done this already, but he absolutely insisted). I drew a blank. He offered to send me a new remote. Then he put me on hold for a spectacular amount of time. Then he came back to me and said that there was nothing wrong with the remote, or the V+ box, but that it was a problem at the Virgin end, affecting all V+ boxes, which they were aware of, but working on. One day, it would just work. I was dubious. A little searching on this forum has lead me to information about codes that need to be entered into the remote to get it to actually control the volume on the TV. I'm still not sure if this is correct? It's fine, but firstly, I don't think it's something I should be having to do myself (surely it should be part of the set up) and secondly, the guy in technical support was clearly fobbing me off, because he didn't have a clue how to resolve the issue.

So overall, I'd say it's good. Definitely better. But it has a long way to go. Virgin is a very powerful brand, but in these early stages at least, the guys are still wearing NTL sweatshirts under those shiny new Virgin Media jackets.
Davos119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 18:16   #49
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davos119 View Post
A little searching on this forum has lead me to information about codes that need to be entered into the remote to get it to actually control the volume on the TV. I'm still not sure if this is correct? It's fine, but firstly, I don't think it's something I should be having to do myself (surely it should be part of the set up) and secondly, the guy in technical support was clearly fobbing me off, because he didn't have a clue how to resolve the issue.
The remote pairs with the TV, not the box - I've never had the tech's set up the remote as far as volume etc - that's always been down to instructions either with the remote when left with the box (ie blue shark remote with samsung), or on screen help with the V+. I got my info from here. Each brand of TV is different, so codes are different. I personally wouldn't expect them to set up my remote.

As for the rest of your post glad you had such a positive experience. Mine has all been good lately as well.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:11   #50
Davos119
Inactive

Davos119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
...I personally wouldn't expect them to set up my remote...
Yeah, I think that's fair enough actually - when I got home last night, I had a proper look at the on-screen instructions and it was dead easy. Volume is now working fine. It took about 10 seconds. If I'd spent a little more time looking at the menus, I would have found it and not needed to call Tech Support.

However, I think a little "setting up the volume on your remote" section in the paper manual they give you wouldn't go amis. It's very easy for someone of a non technical mindset to jump straight in and start using the service before flicking through all the menus, and for them to then go "Oh, the volume's not working... and call tech support. It's not a natural thought process to think I bet the remote pairs with the TV, I'll have a look in the menus to see if there's a code...

Anyway, this is a teeny tiny minor point. The Tech Support guy fobbed me off and didn't know basic info, but I should have looked deeper into the instructions. Virgin have got it right so far.
Davos119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 21:22   #51
kavster
Inactive

kavster is an unknown quantity at this point

I got free tv and bb for 6 months from NTL just b4 virgin took over so thought that was a good result mainly down to cr*p customer services and tech problems. Rang virgin when they took over and i got 1st bill it looked wrong but ended up being right lady on end of line said when free services are up call her back b4 I ring sky and she says will beat any deal sky can give me. I was very impressed it was Uk centre as I hate being directed to india always a language barrier and come off phone without satisfaction.Up to now they been fine lets see if they can keep it up. I will be staying with them for now anyway.
kavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 23:29   #52
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davos119 View Post
Yeah, I think that's fair enough actually - when I got home last night, I had a proper look at the on-screen instructions and it was dead easy. Volume is now working fine. It took about 10 seconds. If I'd spent a little more time looking at the menus, I would have found it and not needed to call Tech Support.

However, I think a little "setting up the volume on your remote" section in the paper manual they give you wouldn't go amis. It's very easy for someone of a non technical mindset to jump straight in and start using the service before flicking through all the menus, and for them to then go "Oh, the volume's not working... and call tech support. It's not a natural thought process to think I bet the remote pairs with the TV, I'll have a look in the menus to see if there's a code...

Anyway, this is a teeny tiny minor point. The Tech Support guy fobbed me off and didn't know basic info, but I should have looked deeper into the instructions. Virgin have got it right so far.
I would totally agree with that and thought it very odd that there wasn't just a quick section (even if you then had to look on the V+ itself for the codes in order to save paper in the booklet)
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 21:19   #53
whisky34
Inactive

whisky34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Virgin are a good company . Only problem is NTL brought Virgin not the other way round . Try leaveing the company formally known as NTL to see what i mean . Don't give a stuff about sky . NTL can only supply dial up in my area , gutted especially as mobile is with Virgin and can't get the good deals they advertise .
whisky34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 20:26   #54
tekboss
Inactive

tekboss is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know if VM are still having problems with e-mails ?

Trying to change over to VIP package and only had one responce in 3 weeks.

Phoning not an option so have to handle everything via e-mails, but their "dedicated" web responce team simply won't respond and now getting out of hand.
tekboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 23:44   #55
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboss View Post
Anyone know if VM are still having problems with e-mails ?

Trying to change over to VIP package and only had one responce in 3 weeks.

Phoning not an option so have to handle everything via e-mails, but their "dedicated" web responce team simply won't respond and now getting out of hand.
To be fair, I think you said this was sorted on another thread now...
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50   #56
tekboss
Inactive

tekboss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
To be fair, I think you said this was sorted on another thread now...
Sorry AndyCambs. I forgot i'd put this message here and should have added another comment last night.

Yep it's now been all sorted out for me, but i think their e-mail support at the moment is still pretty poor ( when it used to be pretty good) and it's been pushed down the pile in support of handling phone calls.

I can fully appreciate that customer support are very busy with phone calls, but they're also supposed to have a "dedicated" web responce team to handle the e-mail situation, so e-mails shouldn't be getting put to the bottom of the pile.

Anyway, i've had a discussion with my nephew who's a member of the Disability Rights Commission and his concern is what kind of support are people with hearing problems getting if there's no e-mail support.

At the moment there's no support there at all, except to send an e-mail and cross your legs and wait.

Unless customer services manage to get a handle on the e-mail situation, then VM management might find a letter from the Disability Rights Commission dropping on their desks.
tekboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:47   #57
mcgurty
cf.member

Services: xl tv l broadband phone mobiles internet&phones
mcgurty is an unknown quantity at this point

on monday i had to ring customer services regarding my remote control i think i was waiting on the line 3/4 minutes ordered a new one then on tuesday morning the doorbell rang it was the postman with my new remote thats service i know not everyone as good experiences with customer services but generally they are very good and remember i imagine they are exceptionally busy with the sky fiasco
mcgurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:12   #58
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I've had C&W/NTL/VM for quite a few years now and never had any significant problems to be honest although there have been some minor annoyances. My brother is in a non cable area and has Sky and has had no end of issues with them over the years. Quite a few people here have complained about VM but many have also negotiated new deals in recognition which have saved them quite a lot. My brother's experience of Sky tends to indicate that there is much less room for negotiation - more a 'take it or leave it' attitude. I think this says a lot about the business tactics of the 2 groups in general and this is the main reason I would never trust Sky.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 14:15   #59
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

pretty much everyone except cable wont give discounts for poor service, with the adsl providers as far as they concerned if you have problems and choose to complain about it its too costly to deal with it so its often better to let the customer loose, this is eveident in that customers with problems are often allowed to leave contracts prior to the min contract period. There is a few exceptions but not many.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 19:10   #60
WayneMc
Inactive

Services: TV XL, BB M (2MB), Phone Talk Weekends
WayneMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittcity View Post

Everything was quickly sorted, my TV package was immediately downgraded and my bill changed to the 3 for £30 offer. I am expecting my V plus box next week....hopefully I will not have to ring customer services again and I definitely will not try using the online ordering any more!!

I didn't know the V+ service was included in the 3 for £30 package, as I have the 3 for £30
WayneMc is offline   Reply With Quote