Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The X Files is back!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The X Files is back!

Old 03-02-2016, 20:01   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The X Files is back!

I quite liked ep3
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2016, 22:33   #17
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Just set the Tivo to record this new series on Ch5 Looking forward to it ..
Old 07-02-2016, 00:01   #18
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
doesn't matter, it will get picked up for another season easily, I have just heard the ratings in the US alone are ridiculous.

It's popcorn and bubblegum trash TV, easy to watch, doesn't take any brain power. I will never watch it, but it will be a populist sun reader water dispenser topic I suspect.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 19:36   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its anything but trash TV, but following your recent posts it seems that you are just a silly person out for attention and trying to cause trouble.

Also X Files isn't new, it started in the early 90s and was a massivly popular show.
Old 08-02-2016, 22:52   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
it started in the early 90s and was a massivly popular show.
hear, hear. It pains me to say that it was 20 years ago but I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It was all everyone talked about at school and you could feel the tension in the air as everyone waited for the next episode. I am sure it was on at 10 o'clock on Monday nights. There was nothing else like it at the time you we waited every week to see what mysteries and conspiracies awaited us. (cue the theme music).

Just like Star Wars, X-Files is legendary and nothing will ever rival it!
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 23:46   #21
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
hear, hear. It pains me to say that it was 20 years ago but I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It was all everyone talked about at school and you could feel the tension in the air as everyone waited for the next episode. I am sure it was on at 10 o'clock on ...............
.......Just like Star Wars, X-Files is legendary and nothing will ever rival it!
You were at school and 20 years pains you. I had finished school, done a degree and was in my third job....

You know what never mind the posts on here personally I quite liked the first episode and liked the expectation of looking to a new series on linear TV.

I am not the future ehh..
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:38   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
hear, hear. It pains me to say that it was 20 years ago but I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It was all everyone talked about at school and you could feel the tension in the air as everyone waited for the next episode. I am sure it was on at 10 o'clock on Monday nights. There was nothing else like it at the time you we waited every week to see what mysteries and conspiracies awaited us. (cue the theme music).

Just like Star Wars, X-Files is legendary and nothing will ever rival it!
Totally agree, I was 12/13 when it started and at the time was the best SciFi show on TV. Also not to mention every teenager had the hots for Gillian Anderson

It lost the plot in the last few series though.

When on the BBC It did get shifted around after a while and in particular the episode 'Fire' Was shown much later at night, think the Beeb thought it was too scary for just after watershed
Old 09-02-2016, 09:31   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
When on the BBC It did get shifted around after a while and in particular the episode 'Fire' Was shown much later at night, think the Beeb thought it was too scary for just after watershed
yeah that is what always ****ed me off about the BBC. The internet wasn't around back then and Sky was a rarity. The BBC has never had any respect US shows (including Star Trek TNG and Buffy a few years later). I can remember the x-files being bounced between BBC1 and BBC and shown at 9, 10 and 11 o'clock. They never told you when it was the end of the season, it just stopped, and they never told you when the new one was starting. You just hoped that the Radio Times put it on the front cover or something to make you notice when it was coming back. Luckily these days we have got the internet and the tv calendar which we have been talking about in another thread.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:36   #24
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I had dial up in 1992 via demon when xfiles started
Old 09-02-2016, 13:37   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Decent MoW episode.
Old 09-02-2016, 16:21   #26
hedgie
cf.geek

hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
not to mention every teenager had the hots for Gillian Anderson
Not just teenagers....
Old 09-02-2016, 16:53   #27
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Not just teenagers....
Even I remember the '96 FHM photoshoot of her
Old 09-02-2016, 17:06   #28
hedgie
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Even I remember the '96 FHM photoshoot of her
Stop...........

before I have to resort to Google
Old 09-02-2016, 18:28   #29
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I thought the first Ep was pretty good. If it trundles along at that standard I won't complain.

Time doesn't seem to be teating Scully very kindly. She seems to have a real face full of Botox.

Fox, on the other looks like he's never been away.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 21:52   #30
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Just watching ep3 now, oh dear.... and I see ep4 has come through too.

I loved this series when it was on. It was the ultimate conspiracy theory, alien invasion and monster fest series. But what made it believable were the two main characters. You believed in the aliens because Mulder did and you knew Scully was always going to miss the aliens and monsters and be skeptical.

I cannot remember how the X-Files finished but I do remember they concluded it with the films, or so I thought. But the new 1st episode seems to turn all that on its head and it doesn't sit well with me at all. THe second ep was better, but this 3rd ep is just one big -MOD EDIT- take.

THe X-Files, as was, was a superb series in its day but this revival is not sincere and thus I cannot believe in any of it. And that was the point of the old series, wasn't it? Being a believer like Mulder.

And just to prove how much I dislike this series, I am typing this while "watching" the 3rd ep. I guess I'll last the whole course and watch the other three, but then that will be that.

Did I say that the 3rd ep was -MOD EDIT- awful? Well, I have now!