Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 02-09-2014, 10:31   #286
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

When you're upgrading a network half the size of a country, 6 months+ worth of delays seem possible.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31   #287
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

but it happens in most areas every time they do an upgrade. Regardless of the reason, if you know it is going to happen (which it does more often than not), don't announce a speed upgrade and say it is going to be done in 3 months. If you know it is going to take a year then say a year and if you don't want to look like a plank and people ask you why you are announcing an upgrade which isn't going to come into effect for a year, then don't announce it. One push back/delay is understandable if there is an unforeseen circumstance but 3 push backs is just taking the ****. How would VM feel if I said "well I know I said I was going to pay my bill at the end of the month, but I have decided to push it back to next month now...........and then the month after.............and I might pay it at the end of the following month but we'll see how it goes"
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:24   #288
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
One push back/delay is understandable if there is an unforeseen circumstance but 3 push backs is just taking the ****. How would VM feel if I said "well I know I said I was going to pay my bill at the end of the month, but I have decided to push it back to next month now...........and then the month after.............and I might pay it at the end of the following month but we'll see how it goes"
Exactly! I know in my job if I published or presented to my boss a time scale and then as it turns out I'm 8 months off and realistically this isn't the 1st time delays like this have happened. I don't think I'd have a job after all that.
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33   #289
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

nope, the sad thing is that VM know they can do whatever they want because there is FA the customers can do about it. It would be great if everyone cancelled there VM services and moved over to BT, it might make them think twice and ask themselves what they were doing wrong.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 13:29   #290
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
You can't be off by in your planning by 8 months!
Seeing as most infrastructure projects in the UK usually end up delayed by several years I'm not wholly surprised.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 15:15   #291
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Seeing as most infrastructure projects in the UK usually end up delayed by several years I'm not wholly surprised.
I'm with him! Stop bitching!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 22:27   #292
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I'm with him! Stop bitching!

Its a sad state of affairs when paying customers just need to settle for what ever crazy broken promises are half delivered by a company. There is very little choice in some areas, like mine, if you want to get speeds anything like what VM offer. Its obviously not something that can be undone at the end of the day, we do however, as customers have the right to express out disappointment when we never get what is promised when its initially offered.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26   #293
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
nope, the sad thing is that VM know they can do whatever they want because there is FA the customers can do about it. It would be great if everyone cancelled there VM services and moved over to BT, it might make them think twice and ask themselves what they were doing wrong.
Right. Clearly people will dump VM for offering 120Mb instead of 152Mb and go en masse to BT to get at most 76Mb.

If people are so upset by the difference between 120Mb and 152Mb not likely to drop to 76. Ignoring that if people are so upset they're a bit weird.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstevie View Post
Its a sad state of affairs when paying customers just need to settle for what ever crazy broken promises are half delivered by a company. There is very little choice in some areas, like mine, if you want to get speeds anything like what VM offer. Its obviously not something that can be undone at the end of the day, we do however, as customers have the right to express out disappointment when we never get what is promised when its initially offered.
When were you promised an upgrade by said date?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:00   #294
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

how are the upstream channels in uddingston holding up....
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:51   #295
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

What upstream channels? I thought it was all carrier pigeon these days.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 15:35   #296
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else have speed issues in Uddingston area

down.PNG

up.PNG

Old 19-11-2014, 16:09   #297
Gstevie
cf.member

Not in Coatbridge. Just checked mine and it's been a consistent 17.8 to 18.4MB/s
Old 19-11-2014, 16:11   #298
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Your DS-5 channel appears to be broken or mis-reported (0 SNR). Try rebooting the Superhub.

If the channel still reports as that or worse, and a reset doesn't help it may be time to give VM a call.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 16:21   #299
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Your DS-5 channel appears to be broken or mis-reported (0 SNR). Try rebooting the Superhub.

If the channel still reports as that or worse, and a reset doesn't help it may be time to give VM a call.
Reboot did the trick Thank you

Old 19-11-2014, 20:17   #300
Martin_D
cf.geek

Looks like SNR problem on the Upstream now

Going from 64 QAM (dBmV) 49.25 to 16 QAM (dBmV) 50.46 every 15 - 30 seconds

Capture.PNG