Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 21:38   #1381
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You say 'refreshing', I say 'egotistical and unthinking'...
No worries.

It may not be "presidential". But I think there is something to be said for it. Potentially a president the communicates away from the suits.

Will it continue after inauguration? If it does will it be him? Probably not.

But I hope he does.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Thing that makes me laugh is that it is deplorable that Russia allegedly hacked the Democratic Party and fed information, although it's all true, to wiki- leaks that did not change the outcome of the US election.

But it is no problem for the US media to " wholesale" publish stories of the republican candidate, also true, but nobody gives a toss. Which also didn't change the outcome of the election.

This current circus would shame Billy Smart.
Old 07-01-2017, 21:49   #1382
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Apparently Trump's inauguration plans have been leaked....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fred_Deli...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TrumpInaug.jpg (80.5 KB, 3 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-01-2017 at 17:08. Reason: Image is too big
Old 07-01-2017, 22:25   #1383
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Apparently Trump's inauguration plans have been leaked....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fred_Deli...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Ha ha..............ha ha................................ha ha................................................ .ha. Yawn.
Old 08-01-2017, 16:18   #1384
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I find this an interesting viewing....

Russia DID NOT Hack The DNC - John McAfee Lays It Out :-

Old 08-01-2017, 16:34   #1385
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Russian state sponsored TV channel insists Russia didn't hack the election.

Pardon me while I attempt to suspend my disbelief.
Old 08-01-2017, 16:39   #1386
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Russian state sponsored TV channel insists Russia didn't hack the election.

Pardon me while I attempt to suspend my disbelief.
John McCafee is not Russian though Chris.... and if you going to be over precious about who interviews him, I can get a well established American host, such as Larry King for you...

Here you are...

Old 08-01-2017, 16:51   #1387
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I believe the intelligence services of America and Britain over McCafee..

Incidentally the allegation is not that they hacked the election itself but hacked the DNC in order to help Trump.
Old 08-01-2017, 16:54   #1388
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I believe the intelligence services of America and Britain over McCafee..

Incidentally the allegation is not that they hacked the election itself but hacked the DNC in order to help Trump.
Well I don't believe it - I am not that naive enough to just believe crap like that when they (The FBI) have not even accessed the DNC servers !!!
Old 08-01-2017, 17:14   #1389
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It was more Information Warfare than hacking - releasing things to move "hearts and minds".

You mean the same FBI who issued a damning press release about Hillary Clinton the week before the election, and then stated there was no issues....

What the actual reports said...

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

Anyway, it wasn't just the FBI - are you saying they all got it wrong?
Quote:
This report includes an analytic assessment drafted and coordinated among The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and The National Security Agency (NSA), which draws on intelligence information collected and disseminated by those three agencies.
Quote:
Moscow’s influence campaign followed a Russian messaging strategy that blends covert intelligence operations—such as cyber activity—with overt efforts by Russian Government agencies, state-funded media, third-party intermediaries, and paid social media users or “trolls.”

Russia, like its Soviet predecessor, has a history of conducting covert influence campaigns focused on US presidential elections that have used intelligence officers and agents and press placements to disparage
candidates perceived as hostile to the Kremlin.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-01-2017 at 17:21.
Old 08-01-2017, 17:36   #1390
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It was more Information Warfare than hacking - releasing things to move "hearts and minds".

You mean the same FBI who issued a damning press release about Hillary Clinton the week before the election, and then stated there was no issues....

Yes, if so be it.

What I am saying is there is NO hard evidence whatsoever, no forensic examination of the DNC servers, ever took place by the FBI or the NSA and they never asked to look at them either.
Old 08-01-2017, 18:15   #1391
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:

However, had it been the US media that broke it, and called it a journalistic scoop instead of wiki leaks it probably would have been fine.
Old 08-01-2017, 18:27   #1392
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
However, had it been the US media that broke it, and called it a journalistic scoop instead of wiki leaks it probably would have been fine.
As long as they didn't get it from Russia then probably yes. There is a difference between the press doing something and a foreign state doing it.
Old 08-01-2017, 18:55   #1393
RizzyKing

I am in no doubt that Russia hacked the DNC and in fairness Mick the information that was released proves it or are you saying they were just really good guesses there's only so far you can go before it becomes stupid. It was clearly in Russia's interest to have a trump victory rather then a clinton one and it's completely plausible and likely they undertook nefarious means to further that agenda. I loathe clinton as well but you cannot just discount everything that happened because of the dislike for her Russia is playing some very dangerous games at the minute and they do need to reined in before they go too far and like many others i have little faith that trump is the man to do it unfortunately.

Old 08-01-2017, 19:02   #1394
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well I don't believe it - I am not that naive enough to just believe crap like that when they (The FBI) have not even accessed the DNC servers !!!
But you're naive enough to believe the crap Russia puts out about how they didn't do it and they just wanna be fwends

Old 08-01-2017, 19:10   #1395
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
As long as they didn't get it from Russia then probably yes. There is a difference between the press doing something and a foreign state doing it.
But at the same time, surely to come to a conclusion that you were going to be so bold enough, to accuse another 'Super Power' Country, that they influenced the US Election, surely a thorough examination of the hacked DNC servers by that same Investigatory body, is essential? Not just say, 'oh well, Clinton lost the Election but we agree with the DNC, it's Russia's fault, we have absolutely no need to check out your servers, so you must be right.'
It is absolutely laughable, that this is being spun out they way it has been.

The only person who is to blame for losing the US Election, is Hillary Clinton and then the DNC, for believing she could win it.

The DNC should have not stitched up, Bernie Sanders by rigging (or should we say, influencing, if the shoe fits, the DNC can be accused of influencing as well) the Primaries in Hillary's favor and giving her the questions before going in those TV debates with him.
Closed Thread