Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 29-03-2011, 12:49   #151
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

sorted. reset the superhub back to factory settings, which put me back on the default firmware and it worked straight away

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

that spike at the beginning was a download that was running, iv stopped it now
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2011, 17:31   #152
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Not really, totally different from the VM broadband network, guaranteed bandwidth not shared and all optical.
Probably right, no way VM could pull off something as good as that...
I'm guessing it's just the fibre that's been leased?
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 19:15   #153
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

i can guarantee they dont use the cable network. i always said VM should use their infrastructure to do FTTP, it would be very good 1gb down 500mb up fibre to the premises
Old 30-03-2011, 06:04   #154
chittu
Inactive

chittu is an unknown quantity at this point

My 30 meg connection using different equipment

vmg 300 modem

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...0-03-2011.html

Modem and netgear wnr2000 router

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...3-03-2011.html

Modem and dlink 615 router

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...6-03-2011.html

Super hub

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...1-03-2011.html
chittu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 09:16   #155
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Last night for me

I just wish I had left this test running to show how shocking my connection was on Sunday but its causing the superhub to lock up briefly, looking at the graph suggest's my area is starting to get over subbed again, as I was'nt even using the internet between 4 and 10pm.

Sunday was a complete joke with sub 1Mbps download speed on my super duper fibre optic broadband connection, ah well still waiting for Sky BB to be fitted.

I had to laugh as VM churn retention rang me last night telling me just how bad Sky broadband is and how I wont get more than 2.5 Mbps DL speed, and how I wont be able to game on it etc etc.

However VM did offer me a very nice deal to stay with them which would half my monthly package cost, but I politely declined and told them which rectal shelf to place it on, I just hope the grass is greener.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 12:33   #156
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

Quote:
looking at the graph suggest's my area is starting to get over subbed again
yeah, well look at post 151, at the top of this page!!!!
Old 30-03-2011, 12:47   #157
pabscars
Inactive

pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k11 View Post
yeah, well look at post 151, at the top of this page!!!!
Yeah it looks very bad on the face of it, were you downloading much during that time
Old 30-03-2011, 13:04   #158
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

no, nothing. My superhub has maintainence broadcasts in the log, and its connected to a different upstream channel. dont know whether thats got anything to do with it, but theres a bit of packet loss going on there as well
Old 30-03-2011, 14:48   #159
pabscars
Inactive

Perhaps one of the techno guru's could shed some light on it, because something doesn't look right to me. I would of expected a tonne of packet loss if your connection was as mullered as your result's suggest.
Old 30-03-2011, 14:50   #160
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

please please please....... dont worry about it!!!!

my shiny new VMNG300 arrived in the post this morning!!!

or in other words, problem solved!!!
Old 30-03-2011, 15:02   #161
pabscars
Inactive

Fingers crossed
Old 30-03-2011, 23:44   #162
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

only just set this up on my connection, had 50 now for about 2 weeks
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 00:37   #163
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k11 View Post
i can guarantee they dont use the cable network. i always said VM should use their infrastructure to do FTTP, it would be very good 1gb down 500mb up fibre to the premises
Yep which people expect unlimited for £40 a month
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 01:14   #164
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrosc View Post
only just set this up on my connection, had 50 now for about 2 weeks
Wow

That is awesome
Old 31-03-2011, 02:12   #165
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

thx pabscars, the connection was pretty much not used from when i started the monitor untill 10pm, (sleeping and working)
all my speedtests have been at 49/50 down and 1.6 up, not sure why people say 50 is bad
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote