Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 15:40   #61
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In fairness to Hugh, this thread is about President Donald Trump, not the previous presidents.
LMFAO.....I am well aware of what this thread is about and I certainly do not need telling by you.

So here we are, some of you having issues and trying to paint a picture of Trump lying, may be he did tell a porker yesterday, but I am not having you or anybody else saying it is not okay to highlight the hypocrisy going on here regarding former Presidents, when it came to them telling Alternative facts.
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2017, 15:50   #62
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
LMFAO.....I am well aware of what this thread is about and I certainly do not need telling by you.

So here we are, some of you having issues and trying to paint a picture of Trump lying, may be he did tell a porker yesterday, but I am not having you or anybody else saying it is not okay to highlight the hypocrisy going on here regarding former Presidents, when it came to them telling Alternative facts.
I'm confused but that's not hard. What was wrong with what Hugh posted? Hugh's not trying to benchmark Trump with previous presidents - and it's probably too early to do that - but pointing out some incorrect information that Trump is stating as fact.
Old 08-02-2017, 15:58   #63
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeah don't see how Hugh is being hypocritical. This tactic of shutting down criticism with accusations of hypocrisy if they haven't criticised someone else. There will always be someone else to condemn. I mean I didn't see anyone here have a go at Nixon?
Old 08-02-2017, 16:02   #64
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yeah don't see how Hugh is being hypocritical. This tactic of shutting down criticism with accusations of hypocrisy if they haven't criticised someone else. There will always be someone else to condemn. I mean I didn't see anyone here have a go at Nixon?
Most politicians lie no matter what political persuasion they are and it has been happening long before even l was born.
Old 08-02-2017, 16:12   #65
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Trump was talking about a rate which is per person, not absolute numbers.
Now you're talking like a politician and using obfuscation.

If there were 2,000 murders last year and 2,500 this year then the rate has gone up and has nothing to do with per person. That is the public perception, deal with it instead of hiding behind statistics.
Old 08-02-2017, 16:19   #66
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Most politicians lie no matter what political persuasion they are and it has been happening long before even l was born.
This is right... All politicians never tell it as is it, distort the truth, bend it for their own purposes.

So no there is nothing wrong with Hugh highlighting that Trump could be lying but the term 'Alternative Facts', has history in the White House by former Presidents of the United States. But the way it is being put across here, because Trump may be doing it too, it makes him extra bad....
Old 08-02-2017, 16:22   #67
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Now you're talking like a politician and using obfuscation.

If there were 2,000 murders last year and 2,500 this year then the rate has gone up and has nothing to do with per person. That is the public perception, deal with it instead of hiding behind statistics.
If there were 2,000 murders last year and 2,500 this year then we do not know what the murder rate is as we do not know what the population was this year and last year.
Murder rates are calculated per 100,000 people. Please try to understand the issue before criticising people.
Old 08-02-2017, 16:32   #68
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I don't care how the authorities calculate the murder rate, I am talking about public perception.

Joe Public looks at the number not the statistics. Trump could well be looking at it the same way IDK.
Old 08-02-2017, 16:39   #69
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Well, since the number of US troops in Afghanistan was reduced from 100,000 in 2010 to 8,400 in 2016, I would call that "bringing more of our troops home to their families".

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/m...2001/86755782/

YMMV

And please accept my apologies for calling Trump's statements 'alternative facts' - I should have just called them lies...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-02-2017 at 16:49.
Old 08-02-2017, 16:46   #70
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I don't care how the authorities calculate the murder rate, I am talking about public perception.

Joe Public looks at the number not the statistics. Trump could well be looking at it the same way IDK.
Give up Pip, the left only see what they want to see.
Old 08-02-2017, 16:49   #71
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Give up Pip, the left only see what they want to see.
You got that right Mick!
Old 08-02-2017, 17:44   #72
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
This is right... All politicians never tell it as is it, distort the truth, bend it for their own purposes.

So no there is nothing wrong with Hugh highlighting that Trump could be lying but the term 'Alternative Facts', has history in the White House by former Presidents of the United States. But the way it is being put across here, because Trump may be doing it too, it makes him extra bad....
We all know politicians lie or exaggerate the truth but Trump isn't a politician and he was elected on a platform of telling the truth and 'telling it how it is' his track record so far is not good

Old 08-02-2017, 17:47   #73
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
We all know politicians lie or exaggerate the truth but Trump isn't a politician and he was elected on a platform of telling the truth and 'telling it how it is' his track record so far is not good
In your opinion.

And for the record, he is now a Politician, being the President of the United States.
Old 08-02-2017, 17:51   #74
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Yemen Withdraws Permission for U.S. Antiterror Ground Missions

Now let me get this right. The military wanted to carry out this raid but Obama wouldn't sanction it preferring to leave it up to Trump.

Trump said OK as the military had planned it all and (presumably) made the decision based on what the military had informed him.

The operation went pear shaped and it's Trump's fault?

WTF.
Old 08-02-2017, 18:09   #75
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
In your opinion.

And for the record, he is now a Politician, being the President of the United States.
Not my opinion Mick ,Trump made the statement himself

Quote:
On "Media Buzz," Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said that he has no campaign strategy other than "honesty" and telling "it like it is."

Howie Kurtz had asked the GOP frontrunner if his strategy was to dominate campaign coverage by saying things he knows would get a huge media reaction, like a plan to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the country.

The billionaire real estate mogul responded: "I have no campaign strategy."

"Do you know what my strategy is? Honesty. I say it like it is...and tell it like it is."

On his comments about Muslims, Trump said "the fact is that there's a problem."

"We're going to solve the problem. The way we're going to solve the problem is to air the problem. I air the problem."

He also said in response to media critics that he's the only candidate who speaks his mind and tells the truth
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/2...paign-strategy

Closed Thread