Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 18:16   #2191
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Fantastic news, means I can get a Roku for my parents for Christmas and they can use all the 3 services they subscribe to (Nextflix, Now TV and Amazon) form one box, saves me buying an HDMI splitter.

Shows me to be completely out of the know :-( as only a few days I'd commented that Amazon coming to Roku was not happening soon. Either somebody has stumped up some cash (Amazon) or Roku see having all 3 on their device as a sales advantage certainly is for me in the case of my parents in that Roku have earned an extra sale from me today.
This really does show that the constant refrain that this or that channel or service will not appear on this platform or that platform is just subjective and with no basis in fact.

However, I must say that this was a rather spectacular piece of news, coming so soon after your very certain remark that Amazon would not come to the Roku, Mike!

I'm glad that this is good news for you and your parents, I'm sure that your folks will get a lot of enjoyment with their Roku!

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

Maybe we will shorty see Now TV on Amazon Fire TV?
Or maybe the Tivo. ...
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2015, 18:32   #2192
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It will not be arriving on the TiVo.......
Old 10-11-2015, 18:53   #2193
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This really does show that the constant refrain that this or that channel or service will not appear on this platform or that platform is just subjective and with no basis in fact.

However, I must say that this was a rather spectacular piece of news, coming so soon after your very certain remark that Amazon would not come to the Roku, Mike!

I'm glad that this is good news for you and your parents, I'm sure that your folks will get a lot of enjoyment with their Roku!

Or maybe the Tivo. ...
Just for you and Max vm have said they are going to launch TOWIE tv
Old 10-11-2015, 19:16   #2194
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It will not be arriving on the TiVo.......
Did Mike Gain tell you that?!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 19:40   #2195
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Mike can be safe in the knowledge he's still got a considerable way to go to catch you up when it comes to getting things wrong.
Old 10-11-2015, 19:51   #2196
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Does anyone have a link to a list of channels / apps on Roku in the UK? Not having much success trying to find it.
Old 10-11-2015, 20:00   #2197
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No the crystal ball Chad lent to me told me thy future.
Old 10-11-2015, 20:01   #2198
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Does anyone have a link to a list of channels / apps on Roku in the UK? Not having much success trying to find it.
http://ukrokuchannels.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0
Old 10-11-2015, 21:52   #2199
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Cheers mate
Old 11-11-2015, 00:45   #2200
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Some LG Blu ray players have Netflix, Now TV and Amazon on them.
And the PS4
Old 11-11-2015, 08:36   #2201
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Mike can be safe in the knowledge he's still got a considerable way to go to catch you up when it comes to getting things wrong.
That SA thing....!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:11   #2202
denphone
Still alive and fighting

And ....
Old 11-11-2015, 10:28   #2203
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Or maybe the Tivo. ...
If my other 3 assertions are completely rubbished before the end of the year then that's it I'll resign from the internet.

Seriously though I am genuinely surprised at Amazon being on Roku....especially with their new box being out. I would have expected Amazon to try and grow their hardware business in the wake of the phone failure....maybe they are making more from subs.
Old 11-11-2015, 20:16   #2204
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
If my other 3 assertions are completely rubbished before the end of the year then that's it I'll resign from the internet.

Seriously though I am genuinely surprised at Amazon being on Roku....especially with their new box being out. I would have expected Amazon to try and grow their hardware business in the wake of the phone failure....maybe they are making more from subs.
I'm sure they've done the math, Mike. By restricting the equipment on which a service can be viewed, they would be losing out on all those annual subscriptions. Don't forget that it is only a relatively small one-off charge for the Amazon stick.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And ....
What, Den?
Old 11-11-2015, 20:25   #2205
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l think you know what l mean Old Boy.