Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media prices are going up again...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Old 14-08-2017, 18:11   #76
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

New deal

Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2017, 19:48   #77
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
New deal

Seems a decent deal that faster internet and a discount will that go up tho with the price rise?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 20:16   #78
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Benefits come as being a new customer, not a new contract
I thought the VM mantra was that out of contract old customers were treated the same as new customers, if they accepted new contract. worked for me a few times before. It is the premature ending of the contract because of price increase aspect, I'm not sure about. The £20 activation fee offer for a V6 ends 31st Oct, my contract ends mid Nov. Been with NTL/VM since 2003. The new contract was a result of moving last year.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:05   #79
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Seems a decent deal that faster internet and a discount will that go up tho with the price rise?
Just got it confirmed No price rise in november.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 13:31   #80
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Just got it confirmed No price rise in november.
Old 16-08-2017, 16:58   #81
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Still waiting for the letter/email to arrive guessing it will be within the next 2 weeks in order to meet the end of September deadline to cancel
Old 17-08-2017, 13:35   #82
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Almost a 5% increase... AGAIN!

And now they have told me to contact Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) about the fault I've had for almost 2 years!

And the letter came from Mark Davidson, Executive Director, Customer Care who does not respond to emails!!!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 12:17   #83
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Got round to calling back to get a different person this morning. When i called a week or two ago they offered :

£46 for the player bundle on 12 month contract
£48 for the player bundle with 30 day rolling contract
£38 to drop down to 100mb on it's own.

This morning she gave me :

£44 for the player bundle with no contract extension (currently about 6 months left)
+£70 account credit
so that brings it down to ~£38pm over the year.

Not as good the new customer deal which is £34.66 including the activation fee for 12 months but i'm pretty happy with it considering the no contract extension.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 13:55   #84
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I presume you discussed what no contract extension or being on the same contract means for the November price increase?
I suspect you will have to pay it???
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 14:21   #85
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Nope, she specifically said i wouldn't be affected by the price rise now.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 12:52   #86
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

I didnt know but I do now, that there`s a team above the retentions dept who can offer bigger discounts and deals. I`ve already given notice to bin the tv package and landline and just keep the broadband. I`ve already arranged for sky installation on their box set package and this guy rings this morning and offers me the package I was already on for £43. That was full house with a V6 box 100mb bb and the phone and guaranteed no rise for 12 months. I told him too late, sky will be around next week. He`s gave me the phone and 100mb package for £35 for 12 months which I`ve took. I did tell him if they`d offered me that in the first place I wouldn`t have bothered with sky.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 15:21   #87
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Does anyone keep getting calls from VM on 0800 183 6408? anyone else had this call?
Old 24-08-2017, 15:22   #88
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Nope Gavin.
Old 24-08-2017, 22:03   #89
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Does anyone keep getting calls from VM on 0800 183 6408? anyone else had this call?
Yes and so have a lot of others:

http://who-called.co.uk/Number/08001836408
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 00:44   #90
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I have had several 0800 numbers call me this last two weeks, I just did not answer and then deleted them
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote