Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 26-02-2017, 10:29   #466
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

It would appear that Trump has bottled it .He has refused to attend the annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner ,an event that traditionally includes a light hearted 'roast' of the sitting president .It would appear that despite attending the dinner several times in the past and saying he loves it Trumps sense of humour does not extend to people making fun of him

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39093434

Advertisement
Old 26-02-2017, 15:35   #467
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Me too, especially those pompous brats at the BBC. If their bias continues, the compulsory requirement to financially support them will become even more of an issue.
Well, at least you both admit you are against liberal thinking:

Quote:
liberal: willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
I guess we have known this for a while now ..
Old 26-02-2017, 15:42   #468
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Well, at least you both admit you are against liberal thinking:
Unfortunately the insanity of "political correctness" has changed that definition.
Old 26-02-2017, 15:43   #469
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

A libtard wants to live in a fantasy world (in which life is the way that they WISH IT WAS) as opposed to dealing with life the way it actually is.
Old 26-02-2017, 17:39   #470
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Unfortunately the insanity of "political correctness" has changed that definition.
Correct, liberal now has new meanings, let's start with not accepting democracy.
Old 26-02-2017, 19:51   #471
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Correct, liberal now has new meanings, let's start with not accepting democracy.
In your mind, yes, In reality, no.

If you fail to accept that anyone who disagrees with you can have a valid point of view then you will see, like Trump does, enemies all around. What is, to most objective observers, a broad church of media opinion is to Trump and his alt-right followers a conspiracy of lies and fabrication.

For God's sake, he even banned the Daily Mail from the informal press briefing!

When you get to this point in your perception of reality, then yes, you will see life through a very different lens. This allows you to justify many things that range from just bad manners to opinions that are, on a number of levels, plain disturbing.

Trump and more importantly Bannon are using excuses of media bias, political correctness, fear of Muslims, globalisation, etc. to push through an agenda that would be, to people voting in past elections, an anametha.

We are at a point where the US citizens either allow the alt-right, protectionist & nationalist agenda to play out with some very alarming scenarios or they try and engage through peaceful protest together with the gradual erosion of Republican majority in the House in the 2018 elections and try to reduce and/or stop some of the more damaging policies that could be put forward.

Let's hope that they are successful since what Trump does in the US *will* impact us and the rest of the world.
Old 26-02-2017, 20:04   #472
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
In your mind, yes, In reality, no.

If you fail to accept that anyone who disagrees with you can have a valid point of view then you will see, like Trump does, enemies all around. What is, to most objective observers, a broad church of media opinion is to Trump and his alt-right followers a conspiracy of lies and fabrication.

For God's sake, he even banned the Daily Mail from the informal press briefing!

When you get to this point in your perception of reality, then yes, you will see life through a very different lens. This allows you to justify many things that range from just bad manners to opinions that are, on a number of levels, plain disturbing.

Trump and more importantly Bannon are using excuses of media bias, political correctness, fear of Muslims, globalisation, etc. to push through an agenda that would be, to people voting in past elections, an anametha.

We are at a point where the US citizens either allow the alt-right, protectionist & nationalist agenda to play out with some very alarming scenarios or they try and engage through peaceful protest together with the gradual erosion of Republican majority in the House in the 2018 elections and try to reduce and/or stop some of the more damaging policies that could be put forward.

Let's hope that they are successful since what Trump does in the US *will* impact us and the rest of the world.
A very thoughtful post, thanks for summarising things so well.
Old 26-02-2017, 20:37   #473
RizzyKing

There are aspects of trump that worry me but I'm also worried by the fact so many people all over the west are being left behind in this headlong globalist\new liberal movement that being honest benefits a very few and damages a hell of a lot more. Trump and brexit are the clearest signs of this and they are the start not the end i think unless there is acceptence by the globalists that things have gone too fast in a bad direction in a decade we will look back to now as a good time. No cause or system that leaves so many behind should be supported or pursued, guess we will see if the message is getting through or things have to continue getting worse.

Old 26-02-2017, 22:01   #474
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It wasn't a Native American, it was a guy from India, if you were trying to make a joke when someone has lost their life, it's in very poor taste.
Never stopped Frankie Boyle or other left leaning comics when it suits them.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
It would appear that Trump has bottled it .He has refused to attend the annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner ,an event that traditionally includes a light hearted 'roast' of the sitting president .It would appear that despite attending the dinner several times in the past and saying he loves it Trumps sense of humour does not extend to people making fun of him

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39093434
Except I doubt it would be very" light hearted"
Old 26-02-2017, 22:45   #475
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The BBC (British Bullsh*t Corporation) would claim that. We were not told of the true and full extent of the EECs political aims at that time, It was sold to us as a purely trade membership.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Quote:
The countless demonstrations, many riots and the visceral outpouring of toddler grade angst and frustration bear testimony to that statement

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
A very thoughtful post, thanks for summarising things so well.
In your echo chamber

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Quote:
If you fail to accept that anyone who disagrees with you can have a valid point of view
That is amazingly blind. Pie (one of your lefty friends) tells it like it is link. You liberals really can't accept liability for closing down debate, can you?
Old 26-02-2017, 22:51   #476
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I think it's called selective liberalism. They're liberal when it suits and quite the opposite when they feel like it.
Old 26-02-2017, 23:56   #477
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
There are aspects of trump that worry me...
What aspects of Trump worry you?

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Why Brexit and Trump are so important. Standing for the Nation state against the globalist agenda.
Yet more evidence of Trump's globalist alignment is shown by the appointment of Bilderberg Committee Member Peter Thiel as a key adviser to Donald Trump.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7600471.html
http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/st...committee.html
Old 27-02-2017, 01:13   #478
RizzyKing

Main aspect of concern is his single minded way of viewing things that can be an asset in business and a detriment in the political world and trump needs to either transition faster or slow down. I don't think he's a racist but he isn't very good at framing his views in the political way we have got used too and i think that's his biggest problem at the minute he's continuing to behave as he did in business and it doesn't work on the political leader stage he is now on and his frustration may be coming from the fact he's been surrounded by people in business that are familiar with him but now he is dealing in another type of world and it's creating the issue's we see.

As much as many of us loathe the political class we have now we have gotten used to the polished slick presentation of it and trump isn't accustomed to dealing with the level of scrutiny he now finds himself dealing with.

Old 27-02-2017, 07:42   #479
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Never stopped Frankie Boyle or other left leaning comics when it suits them.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Except I doubt it would be very" light hearted"
Not sure why you would want to be seen in a similar vein to Boyle, the bloke is a turd in my opinion. (And that's my polite word for him)

Last edited by Mr Banana; 27-02-2017 at 07:47.

Old 27-02-2017, 09:09   #480
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Yet more evidence of Trump's globalist alignment

As I've said previously, that trump has some Goldman Sachs representatives was a concern. This would be in the same category.

But to infer that Trump is a Globalist is nonsense. It was obvious from the get-go that the BBC were very anti Trump, so I decided to find out what Trump was actually saying, to make up my own mind on his policies.

His campaign speeches, and his speeches since then are readily available on Youtube, of which I watched a good number of in full.

No one listening to those speeches could get even a glint of a globalist agenda. His emphasis on one to one trade deals is a good example. One of the main ways globalism is 'back-doored' is multinational trade deals. which bring multinational laws with them. Trump is against those deals.

I loved this bit from his CPAC speech (44 minutes in) re globalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWBcDz3Y68

Trust me, I will be monitoring President Trump. He has made a lot of promises, and I'm as keen as anyone to make sure he keeps them. The only policy areas I don't have an opinion on is health care and taxation, simply because I don't know enough about the USA in these areas. That still leaves me a lot to monitor though.

Last edited by passingbat; 27-02-2017 at 09:17.
Closed Thread