Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2017, 08:54   #421
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
You do realise that if people had not campaigned against a democratic vote then we would not be leaving the EU ,so by your logic you can thank the liberals for Brexit .As part of the democratic process people will continue to voice dissent against Trump and any other politician that was democratically elected ,that is the very definition of democracy[COLOR="Silver"]
You lost me there martyh, I can't recall any previous democratic vote for remaining in the EU or any compaigns against that fictional vote.

I do recall a Labour Government back in the 70's being elected on a manefesto of taking us out of the EEC, changing tack to remain in and like the recent referendum blatantly lying with false information. Is this the demorcratic vote you are referring to?
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2017, 09:09   #422
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I suspect most of the people who elected him assumed he would show some common sense and apply some form of logic to the subject instead of simply issuing orders like a dictator
I think you're right. Voters in his own country and people overseas may well like his policies but if he lacks the political skills to implement them (eg the travel ban) and speaks in poorly-constructed sentences so that the world misunderstands him (eg Sweden claims) and blames the proper checks and balances (press and judges) then they will rightly criticise him.
As Matthew Norman demonstrated yesterday in The Independent, Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump are indeed cut from the same cloth.

---------- Post added at 08:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I do recall a Labour Government back in the 70's being elected on a manefesto of taking us out of the EEC, changing tack to remain in
Just when I'd given up all hope of Theresa seeing sense, you throw me a lifeline. Thanks Pip!

Last edited by 1andrew1; 23-02-2017 at 09:07.
Old 23-02-2017, 10:28   #423
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

I suspect most of the people who elected him assumed he would show some common sense and apply some form of logic to the subject instead of simply issuing orders like a dictator

No, the people who voted for him, believed in his policies and believed he would enact as President, what he said he would do on the campaign trail. The temporary travel ban was no surprise to them.
Old 23-02-2017, 13:21   #424
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
No, the people who voted for him, believed in his policies and believed he would enact as President, what he said he would do on the campaign trail. The temporary travel ban was no surprise to them.
Hillary not being behind bars and globalist Goldman Sachs appointees in the White House were though.
Old 23-02-2017, 14:21   #425
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
You do realise that if people had not campaigned against a democratic vote then we would not be leaving the EU ,so by your logic you can thank the liberals for Brexit .As part of the democratic process people will continue to voice dissent against Trump and any other politician that was democratically elected ,that is the very definition of democracy

---------- Post added at 07:00 ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 ----------

The law allows him to issue executive orders. There are Visa waiver restrictions just for visiting certain countries. They were put in place more than a year ago by Senate, Congress, and by Obama/ and all legal and not discriminatory for some mysterious reason.

Quote:
Recently, the United States updated its policy on visa waiver programs regarding visitors who had a second citizenship in Iran, Iraq, Syria and Sudan - or who had visited those countries within the last five years.
Such individuals must now apply for a visa instead.
Old 23-02-2017, 14:54   #426
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Never even thought about this but it makes sense.

Donald Trump will lose Los Angeles the 2024 Olympics, say US gold medallists

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/o...-a7592131.html
The "travel ban" was/is only for 90 days.
Old 23-02-2017, 15:09   #427
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The "travel ban" was/is only for 90 days.
Quote:
It brings in a suspension of the US Refugee Admissions Programme for 120 days

There is also an indefinite ban on Syrian refugees

And anyone arriving from seven Muslim-majority countries - Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen - faces a 90-day visa suspension. Some visa categories, such as diplomats and the UN, are not included in the suspension
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38781302
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-02-2017, 16:44   #428
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hillary not being behind bars and globalist Goldman Sachs appointees in the White House were though.

Didn't think you believed in Globalists, Andrew

Yep, Goldman Sachs appointees in the WH was a surprise to me. I assume he keeps them on a short leash and feeds them chunks of George Soros news every now and then to keep them calm

Goldman Sachs will have some very clever guys working for them. Providing they are not following the GS company agenda of globalism, I guess Trump thinks he can harness their expertise. If Trump hadn't been so vocal about his unequivocal belief in Sovereign state nations, then there would be serious cause for concern

Goldman Sachs have representatives at Bilderberg meetings. Our very own Canadian import, Mark Carney attended Bilderberg meetings before fellow Bilderberg attendees, Dave and Georgie Boy appointed him Governor of the Bank of England.

I was with those Brexiteers who said he should have been replaced after the Referendum. He seems to be making right noises now, but personally, I do not trust him.

As regards to Hillary, I think there should have been an investigation, and if guilty, appropriate action should have been taken.

It looks as if Trump has taken a more magnanimous view and decided not to go down that route, and I can see the merit in that.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Quote:
Never even thought about this but it makes sense.

Donald Trump will lose Los Angeles the 2024 Olympics, say US gold medallists

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/o...-a7592131.html

Oh gosh! How silly could I be! The hosting of the Olympics is far more important than the security of the Nation....
Old 23-02-2017, 18:58   #429
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You lost me there martyh, I can't recall any previous democratic vote for remaining in the EU or any compaigns against that fictional vote.

I do recall a Labour Government back in the 70's being elected on a manefesto of taking us out of the EEC, changing tack to remain in and like the recent referendum blatantly lying with false information. Is this the demorcratic vote you are referring to?
we had a referendum in 1975 and the result was to remain in the EEC as the EU was known then .A lot of posters are constantly banging on about respecting the result of the democratic process so by that logic we would not have had a second referendum .If people campaign or voice dissent against a democratic decision that is not disrespect for the decision ,that is democracy in action

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The law allows him to issue executive orders. There are Visa waiver restrictions just for visiting certain countries. They were put in place more than a year ago by Senate, Congress, and by Obama/ and all legal and not discriminatory for some mysterious reason.
Yes it does but Trump and the republicans absolutely slated Obama for using EO's ,they called him Emperor Obama and denounced the use of EOs as a threat to constitutional governance and i seem to remember one of Obama's EOs on immigration being overturned by the courts.Trump is nothing but a hypocrite and should practice what he and his party preached to Obama

Old 23-02-2017, 19:09   #430
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Yes it does but Trump and the republicans absolutely slated Obama for using EO's ,they called him Emperor Obama and denounced the use of EOs as a threat to constitutional governance and i seem to remember one of Obama's EOs on immigration being overturned by the courts.Trump is nothing but a hypocrite and should practice what he and his party preached to Obama
The law allows him to issue an executive order on this matter. The issue is allegedly one of discrimination. Either both laws are discriminatory or neither is.
Old 23-02-2017, 19:58   #431
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
The law allows him to issue an executive order on this matter. The issue is allegedly one of discrimination. Either both laws are discriminatory or neither is.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy of trump and the republican party

Old 23-02-2017, 20:49   #432
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
The Obama EO overturned by the Federal District Court was one that allowed 5 million immigrants illegally resident in the USA to stay in the country (the case was brought by Texas and 20 other States).

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/23/po...supreme-court/

The Supreme Court dead-locked on it, so the lower court ruling stood.
Old 23-02-2017, 20:50   #433
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
we had a referendum in 1975 and the result was to remain in the EEC as the EU was known then .A lot of posters are constantly banging on about respecting the result of the democratic process so by that logic we would not have had a second referendum .If people campaign or voice dissent against a democratic decision that is not disrespect for the decision ,that is democracy in action
So you see no difference between being part of a trade partnership with half a dozen members (EEC) to being part of a much larger, sovereignty-stealing bloc (EU) comprised of, inter alia, a majority of countries with much less to contribute than the UK?

The second referendum clearly acknowledged sufficient difference between the EEC and EU.
Old 23-02-2017, 22:46   #434
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Alright 120 then, still not a long time, certainly not going to impact the olympics
Old 23-02-2017, 22:48   #435
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Alright 120 then, still not a long time, certainly not going to impact the olympics
Quote:
There is also an indefinite ban on Syrian refugees
Closed Thread