Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2017, 23:06   #1936
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

From last year.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0695.JPG (40.9 KB, 63 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2017, 23:23   #1937
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
From last year.....

Not sure what you're trying to highlight here, there is no similar situation. Scaramucci was far from capable, he give a foul mouth rant to a reporter just days in to his role and dissed current WH Staff. Not a way to act when you just started a job and as I have pointed out to you for the second time, Scaramucci leaving, is down to Kelly.

It seems hirings and firings are not just a Trump thing...although with less frequency one cannot refute.

Some were fired before they were even hired under President Obama, need to go to the section in which the below quote is from.

Quote:
Samantha Power

Samantha Power was a member of President Obama's 2008 presidential campaign but resigned under pressure in March 2008 after referring to Hillary Clinton as a "monster."

Power, who served as a foreign policy adviser to then-candidate Obama, said she made the comments in a "very weak moment" and "of course I regret them, I can't even believe they came out of my mouth."
I don't think you had a weak moment Samantha, you spoke the truth!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/takes...ry?id=20684401
Old 31-07-2017, 23:31   #1938
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think with Trump it's the sheer amount of firings/people leaving in just 6 months.
Old 01-08-2017, 00:16   #1939
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think with Trump it's the sheer amount of firings/people leaving in just 6 months.
Spot on. How many people have "resigned" or been fired so far? Five? I've lost track!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:52   #1940
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Spot on. How many people have "resigned" or been fired so far? Five? I've lost track!
❌Scaramucci ❌Spicer ❌Flynn ❌Flynn, Jr. ❌Reince ❌Epshtyn ❌Manafort ❌Page ❌Lewandowski ❌Christie ❌Nunberg ❌Dubke.

12 in total.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:47   #1941
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Not very stable or erm...strong. Basically a bit of a shambles.
Our two countries have a lot in common
Old 01-08-2017, 06:27   #1942
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
❌Scaramucci ❌Spicer ❌Flynn ❌Flynn, Jr. ❌Reince ❌Epshtyn ❌Manafort ❌Page ❌Lewandowski ❌Christie ❌Nunberg ❌Dubke.

12 in total.
There is a opening there for someone then.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:36   #1943
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Not sure what you're trying to highlight here, there is no similar situation. Scaramucci was far from capable, he give a foul mouth rant to a reporter just days in to his role and dissed current WH Staff. Not a way to act when you just started a job and as I have pointed out to you for the second time, Scaramucci leaving, is down to Kelly.

It seems hirings and firings are not just a Trump thing...although with less frequency one cannot refute.

Some were fired before they were even hired under President Obama, need to go to the section in which the below quote is from.

I don't think you had a weak moment Samantha, you spoke the truth!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/takes...ry?id=20684401
I think the point I am trying to make is that Trump criticised someone last year for doing what he did this week.

Trump has no excuse for Scaramucci's behaviour - he hired him himself, changed the job's terms of reference so Scaramucci reported directly to the President, not the Chief of Staff, he knew what sort of person Scaramucci was (someone from the NY boroughs who had "made good", just like himself), so must be held responsible for hiring someone who behaved so badly.

That job, in this administration, appears to be a poisoned chalice - from the Washington Post
Quote:
No other post in the White House has experienced as much upheaval as the communications director job. It was first given to Jason Miller, a Trump campaign aide who stepped down from the post during the transition before even being sworn in. It was then given to Republican operative Michael Dubke, who resigned in May. In the intervening weeks, Spicer had taken on those responsibilities in addition to his role as press secretary until Scaramucci was named to the position on July 21 over his objections.

Last edited by Hugh; 01-08-2017 at 09:40.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:36   #1944
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40786411
Quote:
President Donald Trump personally dictated the statement his son gave on his talks with a Russian lawyer during the election campaign, US media report.
I'm quite impressed the Donald can dictate something that is longer than a tweet. Well done him !
Old 01-08-2017, 13:19   #1945
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Who cares?

Over here we have cabinet "reshuffles" were 6,7,8 , 10 ministers can be sacked at once!
Old 01-08-2017, 13:56   #1946
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Who cares?

Over here we have cabinet "reshuffles" were 6,7,8 , 10 ministers can be sacked at once!
a bit the labour party merry go round of a few months back
Old 01-08-2017, 21:09   #1947
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

12 in total.
Wow! Thanks, never seen the list before.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Who cares?

Agreed but they don't happen in the first six months.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Quote:
I think the point I am trying to make is that Trump criticised someone last year for doing what he did this week.
Didn't he criticise Obama for playing golf once then proceeded to take many more golfing breaks himself? I guess though that this just makes him a hypocritical politician and there are many others like him.
Old 01-08-2017, 22:06   #1948
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

There appears to be some contradiction here...

In June, Trump's personal lawyer stated (regarding Trump Jr.'s press statement about meeting with the Russians)
Quote:
On June 12, Sekulow told George Stephanopoulos that the Times' June 11 report was "incorrect," and "the president didn't sign off on anything. He was coming back from the G-20, the statement that was released on Saturday was released by Donald Trump Jr. and, I'm sure, in consultation with his lawyers. The president wasn't involved in that." He then told CNN's New Day that "I wasn't involved in the statement drafting at all, nor was the president." On June 16, he told Chuck Todd on NBC's Meet the Press: "I do want to be clear that the president was not involved in the drafting of the statement and did not issue the statement. It came from Donald Trump Jr."
http://theweek.com/speedreads/715715...eed-lawyer-now

Today, the Trump's official Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, stated at a White House Press Conference
Quote:
Asked about Trump’s involvement in writing the statement, Sanders said, “He certainly didn’t dictate, but you know, he — like I said, he weighed in, offered suggestion, like any father would do.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-russia-lawyer

Both of these statements are from Trump's lawyer and Press Secretary, so cannot be dismissed as 'Fake News'.

Last edited by Hugh; 01-08-2017 at 22:16.
Old 01-08-2017, 22:53   #1949
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Both of these statements are from Trump's lawyer and Press Secretary, so cannot be dismissed as 'Fake News'.
If I was a Trump fan I would probably try and change the topic to Venezuela or Hillary Clinton now.
What you have highlighted is very damning of Trump.
Old 01-08-2017, 23:11   #1950
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
If I was a Trump fan I would probably try and change the topic to Venezuela or Hillary Clinton now.
What you have highlighted is very damning of Trump.
Meh. Is it any worse than any of the other stuff?
Closed Thread