Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Discovery channel

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Discovery channel

Old 19-08-2017, 20:05   #1
southlad
cf.member

southlad is on a distinguished roadsouthlad is on a distinguished road
Discovery channel

Hi all,

Could someone please confirm which current virgin media tv packs Discovery is available on?

I was thinking of downgrading my full house tv pack but would rather not lose this channel.

Thank you.
southlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2017, 20:08   #2
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Discovery channel

M+ upwards for the SD channel

Full house for the HD channel
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 20:10   #3
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Or you could get it for £4.99 along with 29 others here if you don't mind online tv
It is legal. https://tvplayer.com/plus
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 20:11   #4
southlad
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

Thank you.

Does the M+ pack still exist?
Old 19-08-2017, 21:15   #5
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlad View Post
Thank you.

Does the M+ pack still exist?
All the channels and the packs can be found here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...29AoJWaj1cGxfg
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 21:35   #6
jj20x

Quote:

Quote:
All the channels and the packs can be found here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...29AoJWaj1cGxfg
The order of the packs in the channel guide makes it difficult to make statements like M+ upwards as it shows Mix as being above M+. In reality, M+ has some channels not in the Mix pack and the Mix pack has some channels not in M+. Confusion reigns!
Old 19-08-2017, 21:41   #7
southlad
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
The order of the packs in the channel guide makes it difficult to make statements like M+ upwards as it shows Mix as being above M+. In reality, M+ has some channels not in the Mix pack and the Mix pack has some channels not in M+. Confusion reigns!
...and it appears that Mix doesn't include Discovery Channel and M+ is no longer available... so if I want to keep Discovery I'll have to stick with the Full House package.
Old 19-08-2017, 22:07   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Depending on what programmes you want, they may be on one of the free Discovery channels.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 23:29   #9
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
...and it appears that Mix doesn't include Discovery Channel and M+ is no longer available... so if I want to keep Discovery I'll have to stick with the Full House package.
Or do the suggestion i gave you earlier which you clearly blanked.
Old 20-08-2017, 07:49   #10
southlad
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Or do the suggestion i gave you earlier which you clearly blanked.
Thank you for your earlier reply theone2k10, it is very much appreciated.

I should have been clearer with my previous post...

If I wish to stay with Virgin Media, the only way of receiving Discovery Channel is to remain on the Full House TV pack.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:26   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Kodi! (use a VPN).
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 12:42   #12
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Thank you for your earlier reply theone2k10, it is very much appreciated.

I should have been clearer with my previous post...

If I wish to stay with Virgin Media, the only way of receiving Discovery Channel is to remain on the Full House TV pack.
Ah i see have you phoned retentions? I might cuss about VM but when i was with them i found retentions to be quite good.
Old 20-08-2017, 18:56   #13
southlad
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Ah i see have you phoned retentions? I might cuss about VM but when i was with them i found retentions to be quite good.
Not yet, I'm in contract until March. Although, I'm guessing I'll get the price rise letter soon which means I could cancel my services if I decide to.
Old 20-08-2017, 19:00   #14
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Not yet, I'm in contract until March. Although, I'm guessing I'll get the price rise letter soon which means I could cancel my services if I decide to.
You can change your package anytime even if in contract i used to do it often and just say "it costs too much" they'll offer you a deal with a new contract.
Old 20-08-2017, 19:49   #15
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Kodi! (use a VPN).
Or legally through Amazon!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote