Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is there a max of 1,000 series links?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is there a max of 1,000 series links?

Old 19-08-2017, 17:25   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Is there a max of 1,000 series links?

Since getting a V6 with 6 tuners, I never go into the screen that manages series links as I find that I no longer need to prioritise them.

However, a new series started the other day that I could have sworn already had a SL set for it, but didn't.

I found that only 1,000 are displayed (I record a lot of radio stuff).

Does anyone know what the situation is:

- Is there an absolute max of 1,000?

- If so, does adding new SL's simply make others drop off ie the oldest or any non active ones?

- Or is it that it can only display up to 1,000? I'm thinking that this could be a possibility as no warning message has ever been displayed.

Thanks.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2017, 20:55   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Is there a max of 1,000 series links?

Why on earth would anyone even have over 1000 series links?

I think there is barely 40 on our service and thats with my wife and step daughter in the house.
Old 19-08-2017, 21:23   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Why on earth would anyone even have over 1000 series links?

I think there is barely 40 on our service and thats with my wife and step daughter in the house.
Yes, 1,000 does seem rather a lot, and Richard hasn't had his V6 for a year yet!

However, we mustn't forget that unless you physically delete them, they remain on the series link list.

All the same, 1,000 in less than a year...
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 21:43   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I watch a lot of TV and can't even think of 100 things I would record a series for never mind 1000.
Old 19-08-2017, 22:04   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

They easily add up with all the short form mini series that I record on Radio 4.
Old 19-08-2017, 23:04   #6
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, 1,000 does seem rather a lot, and Richard hasn't had his V6 for a year yet!

However, we mustn't forget that unless you physically delete them, they remain on the series link list.

They can carry over from the old TiVo.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 14:39   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
They easily add up with all the short form mini series that I record on Radio 4.
Maybe have a clean up then if there are some programmes finished or will no longer be on?
Old 20-08-2017, 14:45   #8
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

400 on ours.
Old 20-08-2017, 17:03   #9
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear I am quite embarrassed having only a total of about 60 in total on 2 tivos.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 17:30   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Maybe have a clean up then if there are some programmes finished or will no longer be on?
I was hoping to avoid this, but might have to when I obtain an answer to my question. Most of them are actually greyed out.
Old 20-08-2017, 18:15   #11
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

It would be sensible to prune out old series links anyway.
Every time your V6 gets an EPG update, it will spend time checking each of your 1000 series links to see if there is anything that needs added to your planned recordings.
Go to your Planned Recordings, Press Home followed by 2 is the easiest way. Then press the blue button three times to get the All listing and see just how big it is.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 18:18   #12
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

You need to get out more.
Old 21-08-2017, 00:55   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
It would be sensible to prune out old series links anyway.
Every time your V6 gets an EPG update, it will spend time checking each of your 1000 series links to see if there is anything that needs added to your planned recordings.
Go to your Planned Recordings, Press Home followed by 2 is the easiest way. Then press the blue button three times to get the All listing and see just how big it is.
Good point, maybe this is why I sometimes get the spinning purple circle?? It might be being caused by it having to do this checking when I'm asking the CPU to perform another function.
Old 21-08-2017, 08:27   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Why anyone would need 1,000 series links let alone more is totally beyond comprehension.

There's only 24hrs in a day A majority taken up by sleeping, preparing and eating a meal etc.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 13:57   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The majority are inactive remnants from Radio 4 short form series as one of the USP's of TiVo is that it will use these to start a new series without any user intervention.