Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | RTE radio not authorised.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

RTE radio not authorised.

Old 29-03-2017, 08:12   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
RTE radio not authorised.

I get the not authorised message when I tune to channel 917. This post shows its not just me:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...d/td-p/3332960

Anyone know anything about this?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2017, 09:06   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: RTE radio not authorised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I get the not authorised message when I tune to channel 917. This post shows its not just me:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...d/td-p/3332960

Anyone know anything about this?
I have the feeling the only reason you tuned to channel 917 was to empathise with the 1 person with the problem.

A member of the VM community Forum team is on the case and will answer your question there.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 17:49   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The feeling you have is incorrect and unhelpful.

I found that thread after doing a search upon finding that I couldn't tune into the RTE breakfast show.

The thread in question has been dormant since last February.

If anyone else has anything more helpful to contribute it would be much appreciated.
Old 29-03-2017, 19:32   #4
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Works for me ok
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 21:04   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Many thanks for checking
Old 29-03-2017, 23:36   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The feeling you have is incorrect and unhelpful.

I found that thread after doing a search upon finding that I couldn't tune into the RTE breakfast show.

The thread in question has been dormant since last February.

If anyone else has anything more helpful to contribute it would be much appreciated.
So let me get this right.

Please bear with me as sometimes I can be a bit thick (sorry about that I blame my father).

So from the beginning, you post that you can't tune into RTE Breakfast show and say it's not just you.

You then post a link to the VM community forum in an attempt to prove it's not just you.

(are you following my train of thought?).

I then follow the link, see a team member is involved and also notice the OP never came back to it.

(can you see where this is going?).

You posted about a problem you were having (nothing wrong there). You then provided a link to a post on the VM community forum.
Now you are saying the post is dormant. You are the one that linked to it FFS.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 03:50   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

You seem to want to seek confrontation all the time and make a meal out of everything, it's not normal behaviour.

Back to the subject in hand; I've spoken to VM who say that the channel should be available nationwide​. They say they will look into this and will call me to tomorrow, so we shall see what happens.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 30-03-2017 at 03:57.
Old 30-03-2017, 08:00   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's a software fault. The channel should be available to all.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 15:56   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks SP.
Old 31-03-2017, 00:49   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
You seem to want to seek confrontation all the time and make a meal out of everything, it's not normal behaviour.

Back to the subject in hand; I've spoken to VM who say that the channel should be available nationwide​. They say they will look into this and will call me to tomorrow, so we shall see what happens.
The channel still isn't available for me and the promised phone call never happened, so I'll be ringing them tomorrow for an explanation.

AFAIK all radio channels are FTA on VM, so it just needs the software problem sorting out.
Old 31-03-2017, 00:51   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
The channel still isn't available for me and the promised phone call never happened, so I'll be ringing them tomorrow for an explanation.

AFAIK all radio channels are FTA on VM, so it just needs the software problem sorting out.
Do you normally listen to this channel, Richard? I'd never even heard of it!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 18:44   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Yes, I like to listen to the Breakfast Show.

Spoke to VM today, apparently it's a national fault that only affects the V6 and not the old TiVo.

It's also affecting Nollywood on channel 835 (not that I watch this, but this channel is working for me).

No estimated time for fixing it, so they're going to call me back to see what they can do for me.
Old 31-03-2017, 20:35   #13
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

You can listen to it on your pc
http://www.rte.ie/radio/page/138471-...ays-to-listen/
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 20:36   #14
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thank you very much I'll take a look at that
Old 07-04-2017, 17:16   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Rang VM back as the promised return calls never materialised.

They said that there is currently a software update being made to the boxes to fix this.

Because I've not had RTE since last February, they gave me a £10 credit which I felt was fair.