Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mobile contract ending soon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mobile contract ending soon

Old 15-03-2015, 11:27   #1
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road
Mobile contract ending soon

My mobile contract ends this month, and I'm currently paying just over £15 per month for 500mb, 250 minutes and unlimited texts.The nearest tariff to this with VM was £17pm but with only 250mb. I've had a shop around and Tesco are offering the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime for £13.50pm for a 1000 minutes (4g), 5000 texts and 500mb. OK, you have to pay for the phone over the two years which is included in the £13.50 but it reduces after two years. Oh, and you get a £20 Tesco voucher I don't think VM will be able to match this?
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2015, 13:03   #2
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts
Re: Mobile contract ending soon

If your phone is OK, go SIM only with Tesco; for £7.50 I get 250 mins, 5000 texts and 500Mb data. The network is good too as it's O2
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 06:59   #3
hansi
cf.geek

Mobile Contract

Do VM contact you when your mobile contract is due to end?
Old 17-03-2015, 07:47   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Mobile Contract

No they don't. It just goes to a rolling 30 day contract until you call them.
Old 17-03-2015, 09:12   #5
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Or have a look at the pay monthly sim only cash back deals through e2save.co.uk - some of the O2 ones are very tempting at the moment.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 09:15   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Threads merged. No need to start a second thread on the same topic.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 09:20   #7
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I have two phones with VM. The one I use costs £6 per month and gives me 250 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data. The other which my wife has costs £12 per month and has unlimited mins and texts and 1GB data . These are on the freestyle tariff
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2015, 08:55   #8
hansi
cf.geek

When I give 30 days notice this weekend, and ask for a PAC code, do they email it to you, as I guess it's important that it's correct.
Old 22-03-2015, 12:04   #9
hansi
cf.geek

Can I go into a Virgin store, give 30 days notice to end my contract and ask for a PAC code?. Contract ends one month from today. 789 not available today.
Old 22-03-2015, 12:12   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

789 works for me?

The store would just put you through to the retentions team I think.

Best to call.
Old 22-03-2015, 12:29   #11
hansi
cf.geek

Yes, 789 does work for me but when I rang and pressed the option about ending contracts, the recorded message told me that they were closed till tomorrow, and my contract ends 30 days from today. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 23-03-2015, 09:41   #12
hansi
cf.geek

Just spoke to someone about cancelling my contrcat, and obviously he tried to dissuade me. He offered me the LGL90 phone at a good monthly rate. Has anyone got this phone and could let me know what it's like please?
Old 23-03-2015, 10:33   #13
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Being honest, considering the price point of the LG L90, I'd ask for a Moto G as it is the same price on the Virgin website and is a better phone overall.

Edit: Seems they may be out of stock on that, so either the Moto E 2nd Gen, or Xperia M2 are alternatives, but all have a pretty low end screen and I would honestly try to pay a few £ more to get one that will be better for the contract length.

They have the Sony Xperia Z1 compact for £15pm on the site (The LG is £10pm) and is a cracker for the price (1280x720 screen, much better processor and likely battery life), if you can get a few quid knocked off whatever contract you're looking for it'll be a better option in all honesty.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 10:37   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...1227004/review
Old 23-03-2015, 11:34   #15
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Being honest, considering the price point of the LG L90, I'd ask for a Moto G as it is the same price on the Virgin website and is a better phone overall.

Edit: Seems they may be out of stock on that, so either the Moto E 2nd Gen, or Xperia M2 are alternatives, but all have a pretty low end screen and I would honestly try to pay a few £ more to get one that will be better for the contract length.

They have the Sony Xperia Z1 compact for £15pm on the site (The LG is £10pm) and is a cracker for the price (1280x720 screen, much better processor and likely battery life), if you can get a few quid knocked off whatever contract you're looking for it'll be a better option in all honesty.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the Sony

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

I've had a look and I think I'm going for this one which is what I had in mind before VM made me those other offers. It has all I want for £13.50 per month with Anytime Upgrade facilities.

http://shop.tescomobile.com/pay-mont...ime?deal=20184