Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mobile contract ending soon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mobile contract ending soon

Old 23-03-2015, 11:58   #16
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: Mobile contract ending soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
Thanks, I'll have a look at the Sony

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

I've had a look and I think I'm going for this one which is what I had in mind before VM made me those other offers. It has all I want for £13.50 per month with Anytime Upgrade facilities.

http://shop.tescomobile.com/pay-mont...ime?deal=20184
Ick.

800x480 screen. My HTC Desire had that resolution screen 5 years ago and was an inch smaller so had a markedly better dpi. Honestly, it's barely worth having a smartphone at that resolution. It's a shame as the phone uses a Snapdragon 410 which is pretty decent for that end of the market.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2015, 12:07   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I wouldn't go for that phone at all. Poor very very low end specs.
Old 23-03-2015, 12:16   #18
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

Ok. Thanks for your help guys. I went back to VM and they virtually matched the Tesco offer(apart from the data mb, which is 250 and not 500) but i don't use much anyway and they offered me the Samsung S4 Mini. What do you think?
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 12:19   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Much better choice of phone. My wife has that and its a great little phone.

It might be pushing it but they also have the S5 mini for only a few quid more each month. Or the full size Sony Xperia Z2.
Old 23-03-2015, 12:27   #20
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Indeed, I'll be pushing for an S5 mini, that Z1 compact, or the Z2. Again the S4 mini isn't too bad, but is a bit outdated now too with a slower chip than the Core Prime.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 13:00   #21
hansi
cf.geek

The S5 mini sounds great but it's too much for me. I think I'll go for the S4 Mini. One further question. My present phone has a standard size SIM card in it. I notice that the S4 mini comes with a micro SIM. Not sure what I have to do, or whether the phone will come with my present number on the new SIM card. I am upgrading, so not too sure about this.
Old 23-03-2015, 13:13   #22
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I am in the process of dumping EE, as I have taken out 3 contracts with O2.

The reason, which is worth considering yourself is coverage.

At home and work my EE phone bearly gets a signal, whereas my O2 phone (Note 4) has a strong HSPA signal (no 4G yet at work, home has 4G). So consider that.
Old 23-03-2015, 14:43   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

They will usually send you a new micro sim automatically with an upgrade. You just send a text from the old sim and within a few minutes the new sim is activated with your number and the old sim stops working.

Instructions are included.
Old 23-03-2015, 17:15   #24
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
The S5 mini sounds great but it's too much for me. I think I'll go for the S4 Mini.
For the price, a Moto G is a much better phone for the money.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 10:16   #25
hansi
cf.geek

Just awaiting delivery of my new phone. I know once I put my gmail address in, it will transfer my contacts, diary etc, but how do I transfer my google apps from my old phone to my new one please?
Old 24-03-2015, 11:16   #26
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

It will be in the Play store under My Apps, install from there. Or if it is anything like when I reset my phone to factory it will install them automatically for you.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 11:19   #27
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Some apps might download automatically.

But all you would need to do if they don't is go to Google Play and select My Apps > All and select and download those apps you want.
Old 25-03-2015, 06:11   #28
hansi
cf.geek

Got my new phone now, but just a couple of queries. Firstly I have the system sounds switched off yet I still get that annoying jingle when I switch the phone on. How do I stop this, and despite sending the new SIM change text to 789678 and getting an error message and then calling 789 as well, my new SIM card still doesn't work and it's almost 24 hours since I did it. Should I call them again?
Old 02-12-2015, 18:42   #29
mick094m
Inactive

mick094m has some notorietymick094m has some notorietymick094m has some notorietymick094m has some notoriety

just found out mine ended a few months ago , do I just cancel the direct debit or phone them , also what happens to the phone do I keep it or send it back, seeing I have been paying for two years should think I would be entitled to keeping it
mick094m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 21:30   #30
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

You just carry on paying the contract if you are happy with the phone and tariff. If not and you want to cancel or upgrade, then call them. You can do what you want with the phone. I have 2 of them sat in a drawer in my room. If you cancel the contract, Virgin will be able to advise when is best to cancel a DD. Don't cancel it until talking to Virgin, otherwise they will pass the account onto debt collectors, even if it is for a small amount of money.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote