Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2017, 17:21   #1966
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A judge has to be qualified which you must certainly are not.
oh aren't i
Old 26-06-2017, 18:02   #1967
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

I purchased on line a pair of 27" leg trousers but when they arrived they measured 28", I phone company and requested a full refund of the cost of the trousers plus post, their reply was they would only refund the trousers but not the cost of post which was £3.5. I quoted the sale of goods act that the it should as described 27" leg and fit for purpose. They reluctantly said they also refund the postage.

They have lost a customer!
Old 26-06-2017, 18:02   #1968
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
And stop generalising about the young did not want this, I know plenty of young people who voted leave.
What can I say
Old 26-06-2017, 18:08   #1969
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I purchased on line a pair of 27" leg trousers but when they arrived they measured 28", I phone company and requested a full refund of the cost of the trousers plus post, their reply was they would only refund the trousers but not the cost of post which was £3.5. I quoted the sale of goods act that the it should as described 27" leg and fit for purpose. They reluctantly said they also refund the postage.

They have lost a customer!
Is this problem down to Brexit as well?

Old 26-06-2017, 18:09   #1970
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
if that's your defence we'll get on with the hanging
God bless you kind sir .. I got 20 children to keep and my old missus needs her regular supply of baccy so what would they do if I wos done away with?

Can I throw myself on the mercy of the court? Ah my gawd, I is ruined I am. Woe is me, .. (sound of teeth gnashing) ... I is done for.
Old 26-06-2017, 18:13   #1971
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
God bless you kind sir .. I got 20 children to keep and my old missus needs her regular supply of baccy so what would they do if I wos done away with?

Can I throw myself on the mercy of the court? Ah my gawd, I is ruined I am. Woe is me, .. (sound of teeth gnashing) ... I is done for.
lever pulled crowd gasps and then cheers - next
Old 26-06-2017, 18:14   #1972
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Is this problem down to Brexit as well?

Opps, I posted in the wrong section.
Old 26-06-2017, 18:14   #1973
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
But you are not. People who chose not to vote or could not be arsed to do so lost their right to have any say, if they wanted a say, they should have voted when they had their chance, that's democracy, screaming about it after or protesting about the end result because they do not agree, is just pathetic.

And stop generalising about the young did not want this, I know plenty of young people who voted leave.

You are conveniently forgetting we just had a Election where over 80% of the total votes cast went for parties aiming for brexit and a possible hard one too. That's 25 Million people voting for parties that intend brexit to happen. I would say that's the will of the people speaking, including the young who voted for Corbyn. If the young did not want this as you claim, then why did they not vote Liberal Democrats?
How people actually voted in the Referendum:

How Britain Voted

Old 26-06-2017, 18:17   #1974
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:

How Britain Voted

cool which side won
Old 26-06-2017, 18:18   #1975
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
lever pulled crowd gasps and then cheers - next
Hah! I can still haunt you from the grave!

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Quote:
cool which side won
... just
Old 26-06-2017, 18:20   #1976
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

How Britain Voted

Oh look, more fake polls. Nobody has any idea how people voted and it still does not change end result.
Old 26-06-2017, 18:26   #1977
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Its not a fake poll, its just a small sample poll - pretty much like running a vote here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 26-06-2017, 18:30   #1978
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Oh look, more fake polls. Nobody has any idea how people voted and it still does not change end result.
More fake facts from FullFact.org:

Young voters and the EU referendum/

Quote:

“Turnout among young voters 'almost double' initial reports”

Independent, 10 July 2016

Reports on the numbers of young people who turned out to vote in the EU referendum have been conflicting. But there is no definitive answer on how many young people voted in the EU referendum, or even which way they voted.

That said, whatever the exact figures, young people do seem to have been less likely to vote than older people.

How many young people voted?

Immediately after the referendum Sky News suggested that turnout for 18-24 year olds was around 36%. We looked into this and found that the figure was based on likely turnout for the 2015 election.

Since then a number of polls have been conducted which suggest that turnout for young people may have been much higher, with at least two thirds turning out.

However, these polls aren’t consistent in what they determine “young people” to be. Some categorise this as 18-24 year olds, some as 18-34 year olds.

Concerns have also been raised by John Curtice, President of the British Polling Council, about whether or not the polls are weighted accurately to take account of the fact that people who respond to polls tend to be more likely to vote in the first place. People who don’t vote are less likely to answer a poll about politics and voting.

As Professor Curtice points out, these polls report a higher overall turnout than was actually the case.

But they do all show that young people were less likely to have voted than their older peers.

How did young people vote?

Following the referendum result a number of polls have also tried to find out how the young people of the UK voted.

YouGov have suggested that 71% of 18-24 year olds who voted wanted to stay in the EU and 29% wanted to leave.

In a poll conducted by Lord Ashcroft in the days before the referendum and on the day itself, 73% of 18-24 year olds said they voted to remain in the EU.

And two academics have found that “of the 20 ‘youngest’ [local] authorities 16 voted to Remain. By contrast the Leave vote was much stronger in older areas. Of the 20 oldest local authorities 19 voted to Leave”.
You can ignore the above because Mick knows some young people who voted Leave

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Its not a fake poll, its just a small sample poll - pretty much like running a vote here.
I think you are bigging up CF if you had 5455 voting here
Old 26-06-2017, 18:33   #1979
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Most of the polls of late have been mostly wrong. I find them simply unreliable.
Old 26-06-2017, 19:07   #1980
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

How Britain Voted

The problem with educational standard with these polls is that educational standards have actually been lowered over the years.

A GCSE is by no means the same as a GCE.

Education standards are a totally different discussion but must be considered when you wish to assert brexit voters are less intellectual.
Closed Thread