Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2017, 23:37   #796
RizzyKing

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Well for a start the N.S.A has form for illegal surveillance of US citizens and both the F.B.I and C.I.A have conducted illegal domestic surveillance in the past so it's not as simple as taking denials at face value. Personally i think the only way to prove or disprove any of this is an official investigation and an official investigation of the numerous Russian accusations and suspicions well may be the only way to kill that but who you would get to oversee it that has the knowledge of the US intelligence services and no links or loyalties to any of them could be the biggest challenge.

What is beyond debate is this presidency is being overshadowed by issue's that shouldn't really be a big problem and are only becoming big problems because they are being completely mismanaged from the top down. Trump's inexperience of the higher political world is showing badly and rather then get his head down and adapt to this new world he's in all he is doing is reverting to stereotypical businessman and trying to blag his way through it and it's not working.

Advertisement
Old 17-03-2017, 00:40   #797
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Away from Tweetgate, New York Mag finds Trump busy...breaking his promises to the electorate.
Quote:
Say what you want about Donald Trump — you’ve gotta admit, he’s doing what he said he would. Many people, including some of the president’s most fervent detractors, have expressed this sentiment since January 20. Which is odd, since it isn’t really true...
But many of the president’s less reactionary — and more popular — promises are directly contradicted by his budget proposal. Here are six of the most conspicuous:
(1) We will “free the Earth from the miseries of disease.”
(2) The government will stop wasting money overseas and “rebuild” our inner cities.
(3) “We will build new roads, and highways, and bridges, and airports, and tunnels, and railways all across our wonderful nation.”
(4) My administration will “promote clean air and water.”
(5) “The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer.”
(6) America will eliminate its national debt “over a period of eight years.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...t-betrays.html
Old 17-03-2017, 01:16   #798
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Away from Tweetgate, New York Mag finds Trump busy...breaking his promises to the electorate.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...t-betrays.html
Come off it Andrew, I mean you make some wild claims over Brexit but how can he break promises when he has only been in Office less than 60 days ? You can judge him on some of those after 8 years geez.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Well for a start the N.S.A has form for illegal surveillance of US citizens and both the F.B.I and C.I.A have conducted illegal domestic surveillance in the past so it's not as simple as taking denials at face value. Personally i think the only way to prove or disprove any of this is an official investigation and an official investigation of the numerous Russian accusations and suspicions well may be the only way to kill that but who you would get to oversee it that has the knowledge of the US intelligence services and no links or loyalties to any of them could be the biggest challenge.

What is beyond debate is this presidency is being overshadowed by issue's that shouldn't really be a big problem and are only becoming big problems because they are being completely mismanaged from the top down. Trump's inexperience of the higher political world is showing badly and rather then get his head down and adapt to this new world he's in all he is doing is reverting to stereotypical businessman and trying to blag his way through it and it's not working.
I am with others who demand to see the proof too. He has to show us what he has to back up his claims but at same time I don't will fully accept when some agencies, says there is no proof or evidence I mean come on, some of these agencies investigated Hillary Clinton during her email scandals, then threw a whopper weeks in to Election Day then announce days before the day itself they found nothing.
Old 17-03-2017, 01:27   #799
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Come off it Andrew, I mean you make some wild claims over Brexit but how can he break promises when he has only been in Office less than 60 days ? You can judge him on some of those after 8 years geez.
Ha ha. No, I'm deadly serious. He's slashing the budgets in all these areas, as the article says. His promises apart from the deficit are for four years, not eight.

Taking just two examples from the six in the article:

a) My administration will “promote clean air and water.”
Trump’s budget abolishes the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, a popular, bipartisan program that preserves the health of the lakes that eight Midwestern states depend on.

b) The government will stop wasting money overseas and “rebuild” our inner cities.
Trump’s budget cuts $2 billion from public housing and $300 million from rental assistance, while abolishing the Community Development Block Grant program, which funds affordable housing, community recreation centers, and food assistance, among other things.
The budget also cuts job-training programs, legal aid, and home energy subsidies to low-income Americans.
Old 17-03-2017, 01:39   #800
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Still inclined to say judge after 4/8 years : Obama did rack up a huge deficit in the 8 years he was in office, in fact he doubled it.
Old 17-03-2017, 07:53   #801
Mr Banana

Apparently the snake Spicer has been told it was GCHQ who tapped Trump Towers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39300191

Old 17-03-2017, 09:28   #802
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Apparently the snake Spicer has been told it was GCHQ who tapped Trump Towers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39300191
Turns out it was a pundit on Fox who made the first accusation: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...im-trump-obama

Smells a bit like an attempt to justify Trump after the backlash and lack of evidence. Either way GCHQ have strongly denied it, it's a very serious accusation to make so again time for them to show it.

A warning to May as well that Trump is more than capable of throwing the UK under the bus if it helps him deflect one bad news story.
Old 17-03-2017, 10:09   #803
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Next potential distraction ruse from Trump's Russian situation: Military action "an option" against North Korea if it elevates weapons programme threat, US secretary of state says.
It may not be distraction technique, but the current US Government has cried wolf so many times that "distraction" is the first thought that springs to mind!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39301842

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Quote:
Still inclined to say judge after 4/8 years : Obama did rack up a huge deficit in the 8 years he was in office, in fact he doubled it.
I agree waiting four years makes sense but the signs aren't good. What I don't get is the huge hike in military spending if he's going to take a more restrained approach on military actions than his predecessors and try and foster better relations with Russia.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 17-03-2017 at 10:17.
Old 17-03-2017, 11:46   #804
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

We should cancel his State visit immediately. How dare he slander Her Majesty's Intelligence Services ! (Not that they could get any intelligence out of Trump anyway...)
Old 17-03-2017, 13:22   #805
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The White House has apologized according to The Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/311323...-donald-trump/

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16O1E7

Quote:
Britain has received assurances from the United States that allegations the GCHQ intelligence agency helped former President Barack Obama eavesdrop on Donald Trump will not be repeated, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday.
Crazy....
Old 17-03-2017, 13:56   #806
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What kind of intelligence agency would NOT need a court order to spy on a US citizen ?

A foreign one.

Obama Administration only needed to ask an ally to do their bidding, no litigation come backs. Now, which foreign entity outside US has the capability? Clue: Re-arrange these letters CQGH.
Mick, do you agree now that Fox News and Trump's PR dude Spicer were wrong to accuse GCHQ of spying on Trump?

Last edited by 1andrew1; 17-03-2017 at 14:02.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:10   #807
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Given the speed at which the White House apologized and said it won't happen again it makes me think we do have a lot of info and threatened to release it
Old 17-03-2017, 14:12   #808
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Mick, do you agree now that Fox News and Trump's PR dude Spicer were wrong to accuse GCHQ of spying on Trump?
What do you mean, now?

Nothing has changed in my opinion which warrants any kind of view change from me. People can easily deny stuff. I can deny I did not have anything to eat yesterday, does not mean it is true and people should not blindly follow everything said by officials as true.

Never heard of plausible deniability ?

I have already said, more than once and I completely agree, Trump needs to show his hand instead of keeping people guessing and speculating and having others making claims for him.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:57   #809
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What do you mean, now?

Nothing has changed in my opinion which warrants any kind of view change from me. People can easily deny stuff. I can deny I did not have anything to eat yesterday, does not mean it is true and people should not blindly follow everything said by officials as true.

Never heard of plausible deniability ?

I have already said, more than once and I completely agree, Trump needs to show his hand instead of keeping people guessing and speculating and having others making claims for him.
I can't understand why you don't get the following point:
If the White House was going to hand over evidence that GCHQ had spied on Trump in the next couple of days* then why would it today state that it will not repeat the allegations?
* 20/3/17 is the deadline for evidence to the Senate Committee investigating the phone-tapping allegations.
Old 17-03-2017, 15:12   #810
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

Starting to think that Mick either works for trump or is Spicer in disguise
Closed Thread