Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2017, 02:16   #931
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Ofcom have, in the last few days, granted a new Irish channel a licence to broadcast on cable and satellite.

It's called IrishTVUK.

I wonder if this is the long awaited channel from RTE for the UK? I can't see it being a resurrection of the channel called Irish TV (wasn't on cable) that recently went bust as the Irish Post newspaper bought the assets from the administrator​ and weren't interested in running a TV channel.
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2017, 05:34   #932
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Are you interested in that local TV garbage ?
Ohers not including myself might not see it as garbage MM but not everybody is a genetic clone as TV should cater for all tastes and not just one group.
Old 31-03-2017, 12:51   #933
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Ohers not including myself might not see it as garbage MM but not everybody is a genetic clone as TV should cater for all tastes and not just one group.
aye very wise words den.

The channel in my area (liverpool) has already gone bankrupt once and now produces some of the most cheesiest and amateur stuff ive ever seen...but everyone has different tastes.

I wish they'd let me run the channel i could provide some excellent and saucy programming from my mums boxroom
Old 31-03-2017, 13:10   #934
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
They were doomed from the start a total waste of money just look how many watch them and the choice of content.
Old 31-03-2017, 13:23   #935
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
They were doomed from the start a total waste of money just look how many watch them and the choice of content.
Oh dear MM you have upset a few on here now.
Old 31-03-2017, 16:31   #936
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes, but having watched a few minutes of London Live, on a number of separate occasions, and at different times, I can tell you that if the others are anywhere near as bad as this, then they are a total joke, with very little indeed devoted to local programming.

They should either be properly organised and funded or the whole idea should be abandoned.
Old 31-03-2017, 16:39   #937
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
IMO they were a vanity project of the minister at the time ( Jeremy Hunt)
Old 31-03-2017, 16:57   #938
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I think it could have worked, given a bit of imagination. Unfortunately, imagination and proper funding of the project never came into it.

Having separate channels based on large towns and cities was never going to work. It should have been based on much larger regions.
Old 31-03-2017, 18:41   #939
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Just checked. The Americans is available at £2.49 per episode or £24.99 for thee series! I'm not paying that.
The first 3 series are available included with Amazon prime, if you order a lot of stuff off amazon and pay delivery charges then prime is a no brainier and effectively lets you watch lots of exclusive stuff as well as fairly recent series and films for free. Plus it is one of very few 4K HDR providers, for some the service is essential.
Old 31-03-2017, 19:03   #940
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes, but having watched a few minutes of London Live, on a number of separate occasions, and at different times, I can tell you that if the others are anywhere near as bad as this, then they are a total joke, with very little indeed devoted to local programming.

They should either be properly organised and funded or the whole idea should be abandoned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Couldn't agree more. I think the best thing would be to use the spectrum for a quasi national FTA channel on Freeview.

Don't forget that we are helping to fund this rubbish via the licence fee as the BBC has been forced to help these channels.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
RTE Radio works here at MB HQ.
Found out today that there is a national fault that is only affecting the V6.

RTE and Nollywood have been affected since February with no timescale for a fix.
Old 31-03-2017, 19:38   #941
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
If you are getting Made in Tyne & Wear, your aerial is pointing at Pontop Pike near Newcastle. To get Made in Teesside requires reception from Bilsdale on the western edge of the North York Moors. So unless you fancy a trip onto the roof you will be out of luck.

If it does get on Virgin it will be headend dependant. If you are unlucky enough to be fed from Newcastle you will also be stuck.
Thanks for info,I guess I'm stuck with Made In Tyne & Wear as I don't fancy a climb up onto my roof! I guess though the guy who fitted the aerial pointed the aerial that way because it would deliver the best reception.
Regarding Virgin whether it Will appear on there or not remains to be seen I guess.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:39   #942
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
The first 3 series are available included with Amazon prime, if you order a lot of stuff off amazon and pay delivery charges then prime is a no brainier and effectively lets you watch lots of exclusive stuff as well as fairly recent series and films for free. Plus it is one of very few 4K HDR providers, for some the service is essential.
Agreed. However, series 1-3 have already aired on ITV. It's series 4 that VM viewers will not have seen yet, as these have been shown exclusively on ITV Encore.
Old 02-04-2017, 19:14   #943
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

More nonsense from Sky.

http://advanced-television.com/2017/...om-sky-cinema/.
Old 02-04-2017, 19:19   #944
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
For once l actually agree with you OB.
Old 02-04-2017, 19:53   #945
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
For once l actually agree with you OB.
At last, we've found a common connection!
Closed Thread