Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

Old 22-08-2017, 09:38   #1036
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Stranger Things has already renewed for Season 3.
However, co-creator Ross Duffer says he expects the Netflix series to end with Season 4.
I am anxious about the new season. It seems like the kind of show that works as a single season and that to keep extending the mystery will harm the show, and the unique atmosphere it has will wear thin eventually.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2017, 17:00   #1037
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Has Been Reduced From 22 Episodes To 15 Episodes.

It has already been previously confirmed as the final season as well.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:48   #1038
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Killjoys has been renewed for a 4th and 5th Season

Quote:
Some bittersweet news for Killjoys fans. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Syfy has renewed the TV show for two final seasons.

The sci-fi drama follows a trio of fun-loving, hard-living interplanetary bounty hunters who are sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants across the Quad — a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multi-planetary class war. The cast includes Aaron Ashmore, Luke Macfarlane, and Hannah John-Kamen.
Syfy has ordered 10 episodes each for season four and five, which will be the final two seasons for Killjoys. The season three finale debuts tonight, September 1st, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

From series creator Michelle Lovretta:

“This renewal is the kind of privilege every creator hopes for – a chance to plan the end of your story with the luxury of 20-episodes to do it. I’m immensely grateful that both of our network partners – along with Temple Street and UCP – have given our team, cast and fans this incredible opportunity.”

Dark Matter has been cancelled and all I want to do is
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 22:26   #1039
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Dark Matter has been cancelled and all I want to do is
That's terrible news, think I'll join you with those tears.

Looks like the only hope might be someone like Netflix taking it on.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:18   #1040
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
That's terrible news, think I'll join you with those tears.

Looks like the only hope might be someone like Netflix taking it on.
Unlikely.

It isn't The Expanse.

Unfortunately.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 21:08   #1041
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Thank god, Blood Drive has been cancelled:

Quote:
Well, they’ve finally stanched the bleeding. After hemorrhaging ratings all summer long, Syfy has cancelled its grindhouse-style Blood Drive TV show after just one season. Creator James Roland spilled his guts about the TV show’s fatal prognosis in a blog post published last night.

Airing on Syfy, Blood Drive stars Alan Ritchson, Christina Ochoa, Thomas Dominique, Colin Cunningham, Marama Corlett, and Darren Kent. The dystopian sci-fi TV series centers on Arthur Bailey (Ritchson), one of the last upright cops in Los Angeles, who is pulled into an underground cross-country odyssey with femme fatale Grace D’Argento (Ochoa). But this isn’t just any old race — the cars run on blood.

James Boland Confirms No Season Two of Blood Drive on Syfy

Roland’s blog post on MidnightGrindhouse.com reads:

“Aaaaaand … scene.

Posted on September 6, 2017 by dalmatianjaws

Dear Bleeders,

Unfortunately, your suspicions are correct. Syfy has canceled Blood Drive after one season.

If this news makes you angry or sad, you’re not alone.

I found out not too long ago, but have been trying to think of a way to tell you guys since I felt it was up to me to let the fans know.

Ultimately I decided to wait until after the final episode aired so the news did not taint your experience. It simply didn’t seem right to burst the bubble so early, especially with how the last episode plays out. We always planned for a season two, but now that the future of the show is uncertain the final scenes seem so much more … final.

If I never get the chance to tell my version of what comes next, I’ll be incredibly sad.

But the good news is, then you can make up your own. The story is yours now, it always was from the first moment it was broadcast. If you love it, take it and play with it in your own imagination.

The future is not set, in our world or the world of Blood Drive.

As to the reasons why the show is cancelled, I’m not privy to all the details. Obviously the ratings were low, but it was also a very noisy show on social media (thanks to you guys!) and a very well-reviewed show with critics as well.

This I do know: despite canceling us, Syfy was the only network with the steel to make the show in the first place."
Old 08-09-2017, 21:53   #1042
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

No surprise, its ratings were actually poor.

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (34.1 KB, 134 views)

Old 16-09-2017, 20:23   #1043
General Maximus
Ran Away

Vikings has been renewed for a 6th season even though season hasn't aired yet

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/v...ory-tv-series/
Old 17-09-2017, 02:20   #1044
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Not one I watch, but good news if you do, it makes 40 more unaired episodes atm.

Old 28-09-2017, 04:55   #1045
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

People are expecting Agents of Shield: Season 5 to be final season. Obviously with the MCU it's always open to revival but this follows suggestions that Disney saved the show from cancellation this year.

http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-...-cancel-renew/
Old 28-09-2017, 19:26   #1046
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Well, whoever saved it, well done.

Lets hope they do so again this year.

Old 30-09-2017, 16:04   #1047
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Stranger Things has apparently been renewed for a fourth season.
Quote:
While an exact date has yet to be set, Stranger Things Season 3 is eyed for a 2019 release, with Season 4 expected to release in 2020.

Further reports suggest its planned for 5 seasons in total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Levy (executive producer)
The truth is we’re definitely going four seasons and there’s very much the possibility of a fifth. Beyond that, it becomes I think, very unlikely

On a separate note ;

The Walking Dead has been renewed for Season 9.

The Last Ship has been cancelled - Season 4 has almost concluded showing, with the final Season 5 to come next summer.

Old 30-09-2017, 23:34   #1048
General Maximus
Ran Away

I think "cancelled" gives the wrong impression for The Last Ship. It was planned for 5 seasons with a story arc and they have filmed seasons 4 and 5 back to back and the series is ending after season 5 having told the story that they wanted to tell. The series is "ending". I always think of cancelled as it being ditched midseason due to poor ratings, nobody has planned for it and it leaves the cast and story up in limbo.
Old 30-09-2017, 23:38   #1049
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

'Going for Gold' is making a comeback on UKTV. Nigel Farage to host it.
(some or all of this might be a lie...)
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 09:28   #1050
General Maximus
Ran Away

Seal Team has been given a full season order which is good news because this is one of the new series I am/was going to stick with.

Quote:
The Boreanaz small-screen streak continues. CBS has issued a full season one order for its new SEAL Team TV show. The drama just premiered on September 27th, and last night’s episode was only the show’s third. The network has not released the new episode count but expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 to 24 episodes.

A military action series, SEAL Team stars David Boreanaz, Max Thieriot, Neil Brown Jr., AJ Buckley, Toni Trucks, Jessica Paré, and Judd Lormand. The CBS TV series centers on an exclusive Navy SEAL unit as they train for, plan, and risk their very lives to carry out perilous missions for the sake and honor of the U.S.A.

Here’s the CBS press release.

“10.12.2017: SEAL TEAM” RECEIVES FULL-SEASON ORDER FOR 2017-2018 BROADCAST SEASON
SEAL Team TV show on CBS: season 1 (cancel renew season 2?)
(CBS)
CBS has given a full season order to new drama series SEAL TEAM, which premiered Wednesday, Sept. 27. SEAL TEAM ranks as Wednesday’s #1 program in viewers through the first two weeks of the season, averaging 12.04 million viewers, and 2.0 in adults 18-49 and 2.9 in adults 25-54 with live + 3-day lift."

SEAL TEAM airs Wednesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
SEAL Team star Boreanaz has been a pretty permanent fixture on network TV since he first appeared as Angel in the first season of The WB’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer. After three seasons, he brought role to the spinoff series, Angel, which ran for five more seasons. Next, after only one year off, he then went on to co-star in Bones on FOX, for an impressive 12 seasons, which just ended last spring.