Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Why so few Live TV options ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Why so few Live TV options ?

Old 05-05-2017, 09:56   #16
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Why so few Live TV options ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There you go, you see. I agree with you entirely on Attenborough, Totally disagree on drama.
So are you a Jeremy Kyle fan then.......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2017, 18:41   #17
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Don't agree, what I consider quality, are good, well made dramas, such as Line of Duty, Broadchurch, to name but a few, also the excellent David Attenborough wildlife programmes that he has delivered over many years, now you can't call that type of stuff dross!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There you go, you see. I agree with you entirely on Attenborough, Totally disagree on drama.
These posts pretty much prove the point of this thread.
Everyone's tastes are different and its high time we had the choice to pay for what we want as is increasingly happening in the US rather than the antiquated business models Sky, VM, BT et all force on us to pay for crap we don't want in order to get the things we do want!
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 14:00   #18
vj531
Inactive

vj531 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
These posts pretty much prove the point of this thread.
Everyone's tastes are different and its high time we had the choice to pay for what we want as is increasingly happening in the US rather than the antiquated business models Sky, VM, BT et all force on us to pay for crap we don't want in order to get the things we do want!
Nail on the head!

Kodi is a pain for reliability and picture quality. These are two 'must haves' for me.

Currently pulling my hair out trying to get NBC Gold working.
Thinking of going new VPN router to a new ATV4 (only have ATV 3 ATM) Begrudge the money and technical hassle

Any tips gratefully appreciated.
vj531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 17:24   #19
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj531 View Post
Currently pulling my hair out trying to get NBC Gold working.
Thinking of going new VPN router to a new ATV4 (only have ATV 3 ATM) Begrudge the money and technical hassle

Any tips gratefully appreciated.
I've sent you a PM, I don't think its a conversation for public consumption
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 18:47   #20
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
1 month contract and available on a device of your choice , why do we have so few options over here ?

With the exception of Now TV and a few smaller apps we have very little choice for Live TV after the main platforms. I'm thinking services like Sling TV , PlayStation Vue , Google TV , Hulu Live offering etc.
Playstation vue was supposed to be launching over here, no idea if it still will now though.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote