Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Quad Play to launch his week

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Quad Play to launch his week

Old 27-09-2006, 18:32   #31
pk1209
Inactive

Services: VM 20mb Broadband Free TV Pack National Unl. Phone
pk1209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: QUAD PLAY TO LAUNCH THIS WEEK !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Say I took out a Virgin Mobile Contract for £25 - Same tarrif as the NTL:Virgin deal. Could I ring up the next day after I got the contract saying 'I bought this contract and could I get the NTL deal with it?' Would that work?
That's want i want to know... if i sign up to a £25 contract, get the free phone, and then change to the £10 per month tariff... or will they make me serve out the full contract on the £25 pm? It's seem like to obvious a loop hole for it not to be plugged...
pk1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2006, 18:46   #32
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one
Re: QUAD PLAY TO LAUNCH THIS WEEK !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1209 View Post
That's want i want to know... if i sign up to a £25 contract, get the free phone, and then change to the £10 per month tariff... or will they make me serve out the full contract on the £25 pm? It's seem like to obvious a loop hole for it not to be plugged...
I believe the contracts with free phones all have a minimum contract of either 12 or 18 months. You could move to the £10 tariff after that period, though.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 07:19   #33
HornetUK
Inactive

HornetUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Quad Play to launch his week

I have Virging pay as you go and spend £10 a month so how do I get to change to the contract, the web link doesn't work & when I rang up they didn't have a clue what to do with my NTL acct no.!!!

Also my wife also has pay as you go Virgin mobile are two people in the same NTL household allowed to go on £10 contratcs?

On another point anyone know why everytime I post it wont let me without resetting my password on here?

Cheers
HornetUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 07:25   #34
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetUK View Post
I have Virging pay as you go and spend £10 a month so how do I get to change to the contract, the web link doesn't work & when I rang up they didn't have a clue what to do with my NTL acct no.!!!

Also my wife also has pay as you go Virgin mobile are two people in the same NTL household allowed to go on £10 contratcs?...
I was thinking the same thing last night, as my wife and son both have Virgin PAYG.

Quote:
...On another point anyone know why everytime I post it wont let me without resetting my password on here?

Cheers
You might have stale cookies (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...hlight=cookies).
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 22:17   #35
HornetUK
Inactive

HornetUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that hopefully now i've deleted cookies I won't have to reset password yet again!
HornetUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:45   #36
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quick question - well a couple.
Whats the Virgin network like - is it reliable? (I'm currently with Orange contract).
I would need to have my Sony Ericsson phone unlocked, as they're locked to the Orange network. Anyone have any experience of this - would Orange unlock it for me?
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:59   #37
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

virgin dont have their own network i beleive they use t-mobile but am not 100% on that, there are websites that will give you instructions how to unlock it or have a look around for a mobile shop that isnt part of a chain they usually do it, cos me £2 to have mine done
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 17:00   #38
paul11974
Inactive

Services: xl phone & xl tv 2mb broadband £34.95pence
paul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of lightpaul11974 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
Whats the Virgin network like - is it reliable? (I'm currently with Orange contract).
I would need to have my Sony Ericsson phone unlocked, as they're locked to the Orange network. Anyone have any experience of this - would Orange unlock it for me?

i have been with virgin for over 6 years and never ever had 1 problem
paul11974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 17:09   #39
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
Virgin use the T-Mobile network.

Orange will happily provide you with an official unlock code for £20 for your SE phone. You may be able to find unofficial ones for around £10 - unfortunately you cannot unlock SEs for free like Nokias!
Old 30-09-2006, 06:18   #40
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been with Orange for quite a few years, and happy with their service so far - but currently on Talk20 (20mins per month) for about £13 or so. I'm not a great mobile phone user - but £10 compared to £13 is a saving, plus the bonus of the additional minutes.
I shall be calling Orange for the unlock code and Port Authorisation Code later - I'm not sure when my contract term is up, Orange have deals that sign you in for additional 12 month batches.
I did notice interestingly enough that Virgin calls from US and Canada are 10p cheaper, but to receive calls costs 10p more..
Old 02-10-2006, 15:59   #41
SparkyM
Inactive

SparkyM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
I was thinking the same thing last night, as my wife and son both have Virgin PAYG.

You might have stale cookies (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...hlight=cookies).
The two people I have spoken to from Virgin Mobile about the new tarriff have both told me that the offer is restricted to two people per NTL/Telewest account. I found them to be otherwise very helpful and efficient. Personally I can't see why they wouldnt accept say, three customers or more, from the same household. But what do I know?
SparkyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 16:26   #42
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyM View Post
The two people I have spoken to from Virgin Mobile about the new tarriff have both told me that the offer is restricted to two people per NTL/Telewest account. I found them to be otherwise very helpful and efficient. Personally I can't see why they wouldnt accept say, three customers or more, from the same household. But what do I know?
Thanks for the information. I'll pull out the old bills and see if I can justify £10 per month on one or both accounts.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:41   #43
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul11974 View Post
yes but where on the virgin site does it state that you get a free phone ?
it seems a modification/price reduction of this
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewP...7-3C32653C2662

but the clam is all over the place as free, so the discount is the selling thing for ntl.
http://www.urmob.co.uk/mobile/Lobster/575+Pink/
http://search.ntlworld.com/ntlworld/...Lobster+575&cr=

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

you might ask the question,whos T&C are we under given that NTL:tw cant deal with Virgin accounts and have to pass you over the virgin if you have a question .
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ure.shop.sm241
the CF message board doesnt seem to like me posting the full page for reference later, so take a look and notice

notice how the NTL:tw sales are NOT telling people that you have to tell Virgin Mobile that you no longer want that service if you cancel your NTL:tw contract, something wrong there....

the answer is both contracts, and its riddled with problems given you dont get the "promotional tariff"
without being an NTL:tw user and if you change almost anything, you get slaped for extra charges you were not made aware of before you could cancel at no cost to yourself, and thats ignoring the accounting errors and Defaults that might find their way onto your credit file..

"
Pick any cable service you like and get a great deal from Virgin Mobile. Or get all 4 for just £40 a month."

"
The legal stuff
("promotional tariff");

After 12 months, standard prices apply (currently £44.49). Includes free installation (worth £75:ntl; £25:Telewest). You must take all services included in this offer for at least 12 months. If you change any part of this package, standard prices apply. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer/promotion. Terms and Conditions:"

"SIM: SIM is free (normal price £10). Subject to payment by Direct Debit and UK credit check. Offer valid when connecting to the Virgin Mobile network. If you change your tariff after 31.12.06 you will no longer be eligible for the promotional tariff. If you terminate your contract with ntl:Telewest the promotional tariff we will change your tariff to standard Virgin Mobile £20 talk SIM only (300mins/300texts) starting with the month after termination, although you may change or terminate your bundle in accordance with Virgin Mobile's Pay As You Go Service "

virgin t&c
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...e.footer.sm068

---------- Post added at 05:41 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Fools View Post
BBC report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5385846.stm

Sign-up:
http://www.home.ntl.com/page/virginmobile&log=4
http://www.whycable.co.uk/virginmobileoffer/

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

One slightly annoying thing is they are saying that the £10 offer is only available to NTL:Telewest customers and is half the usual £20 price. However, anybody can also currently get the same tariff for £15:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Plus, for the £15 per month you also get free ADSL broadband for a year!
given my above, and given your point about Virgin giving free ADSL under one of their T&C contracts , perhaps people might look at that option as a better deal?, who is the ADSL provider ?,and would their T&C's (direct url and adverts please) also prove a problem in hidden charges etc!.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:12   #44
King Of Fools
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
given my above, and given your point about Virgin giving free ADSL under one of their T&C contracts , perhaps people might look at that option as a better deal?, who is the ADSL provider ?,and would their T&C's (direct url and adverts please) also prove a problem in hidden charges etc!.
Virgin.net (NTL) is the ADSL provider, unsuprisingly.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...adband%20offer
Old 05-10-2006, 04:48   #45
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Interesting - Virgin confirmed to me by email that this was a limited time offer and ceases on 31st Dec.