Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2017/2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2017/2018

Old 23-10-2017, 19:34   #601
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Season 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Not really celebrating Den.

It's just another name to add to the list of people who thought the grass was greener......
The question is who is next for the high jump?.
Old 23-10-2017, 20:19   #602
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It's just another name to add to the list of people who thought the grass was greener......
That could include a fair proportion of players from the red side of a certain City as well.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 22:47   #603
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Graeme Souness on his time at Newcastle:

Quote:
I made a mistake when Alan Shearer was going to chuck it by persuading him to play on and give me another year because I felt he was good in the dressing room. In doing so we only ended up getting Michael Owen in during the summer when, in reality, we needed two strikers. Alan was on his last legs and if he hadn’t stayed on we would have ended up getting the two we needed.

“Initially I’d wanted to sign Nicolas Anelka. I’d had a meeting with his brother
Quote:
“It had got to about 10.30pm and I was about to leave when they suddenly said ‘Before you go, have a look at these’. (Football agent) Paul Stretford came in with a pile of CVs and said ‘What about one of these?’

“He handed about 50 pages of players who were top scorers in all the leagues in Europe. ‘Pick one of them,’ he said. Unbelievable. Less than 48 hours before the transfer deadline, I was being asked to pick a player who I had never seen play, because he had a track record of scoring goals and because they thought they were not getting Michael.

“I just said ‘I’m going home’. Dean Saunders lived opposite me and at about 1am, he was throwing stones at my window to wake me up – I had turned my mobile off by this point – to tell me Michael had phoned and said he was coming to Newcastle United after all
Quote:
I’d watch a game at night, come in and have my breakfast with my staff at the training ground and I would say a throwaway line like, ‘Did you see the game last night, such and such played really well.’ That was all I said, but on three or four occasions Kenny Shepherd would come back to me and say, ‘We’ve spoken to his agent, he’d love to join us.’
A pretty damning insight to the way to the club was being run under the late Shepherd, an absolute willingness to throw money at anyone and anything to keep the club relevant whilst knowingly racking up club ending debt. £150m to be exact for a club that was rapidly fading away from the top four, then removing itself from any form of European spot all together. £150m now is a drop in the pond but back then it was a debt that left Newcastle 3 weeks away from doing Portsmouth before they did it. I think Shepherd would have borrowed from elsewhere again though and just added more debt to keep us afloat.

Stretford being the bloke portions of united fans hate? because he's your best mate but he's touting the same player behind your back to someone else (See Rooney to Man United and his involvement in getting another club - Newcastle to basically drive up the price and sweeten his payment in the end) The bloke literally had an office at St James' with Freddie's son. I still believe the above is true, I don't think there was ever a question of where Rooney was going, it was always United and Stretford and co were all in on Newcastle essentially making shill offers.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-10-2017 at 22:53.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 12:33   #604
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Not really celebrating Den.

Well this one obviously thinks the grass is greener on the other side Julian.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sp...-claude-676435
Old 25-10-2017, 15:24   #605
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Would you believe it, England beat Brazil 3-1 in World Cup semi final.

Following Englands recent victory in the U20’s World Cup final the U17’s have reached their final in India.
Old 25-10-2017, 18:44   #606
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well this one obviously thinks the grass is greener on the other side Julian.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sp...-claude-676435
tbf Den he isn't with us any more since being binned after last season.
Old 25-10-2017, 18:50   #607
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
tbf Den he isn't with us any more since being binned after last season.
l thought he did pretty well at your club personally.
Old 26-10-2017, 18:27   #608
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Carabao Cup draw, p*** up in a brewery more like it, what a shambles. :9
Old 26-10-2017, 18:37   #609
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Carabao Cup draw, p*** up in a brewery more like it, what a shambles. :9
Indeed a absolute shambles sums it up Jim.
Old 26-10-2017, 18:50   #610
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Finally

Chelsea vs Bournemouth
Arsenal vs West Ham
Leicester vs Man City
Bristol City vs Manchester United
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 18:57   #611
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Pre-recorded l see.
Old 26-10-2017, 19:07   #612
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

How can you have a pre recorded 'live' draw?

All the 'big four teams' kept apart, Billingsgate Market anyone.
Old 26-10-2017, 19:10   #613
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Quote:
So after all that, the draw is sent out via a pre-recorded clip, complete with bad sound, stuttering graphics and both Tuffers and Dawson “having to get off soon”.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...inal-draw-live
Old 26-10-2017, 21:58   #614
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Blatantly obvious it is fixed.
Old 27-10-2017, 05:42   #615
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Blatantly obvious it is fixed.
Now the EFL want a full explanation into the shambles.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tter?CMP=fb_gu