Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 0845 and 08457 numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

0845 and 08457 numbers

Old 14-03-2014, 14:28   #31
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: 0845 and 08457 numbers

I've seen one other post where a customer has lost these when upgrading to one of the new Collections, though I've no doubt there are others.

You are obviously very annoyed by this, judgeing by the state of the mailing you've been using it for target practice.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-03-2014, 14:38   #32
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I've not upgraded anything at all since I signed up for these "tickles"

The holes were not from darts but pins from a noticeboard where it was hidden from view for a couple of years under the missus' recipe sheets et al.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 13:24   #33
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I was asked to put in my query to http://virg.co/social, so now I wait and see......
Old 15-03-2014, 13:31   #34
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

I have the same "tickles" on my account as you, although my Talk 08 2 has less value now I am on phone XL.

All my "tickles" are still showing up on my latest bill as included in my package.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 10:55   #35
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for sending in your email, I’m sorry to see you’ve been unexpectedly charged on your home phone.

I’ve taken a look and can see the call in question was for the amount of 78p. I’m happy, as a one time gesture of good will, to credit you one month’s worth of line rental for this oversight.

Unfortunately, our ‘tickles’ are no longer in circulation nor valid as a special offer.

We do have our Talk 08 £2 and Talk 08 £5 packages.

Talk 08 £2 will give you 250 minutes worth of calls to any 0845 / 0870 number. The Talk 08 £5 gives you 250 minutes worth of calls to any number beginning 08.

If you wish to take us up on these offers, give us a call on 150 and we’ll get them added to your account.
"For as long as you're a Virgin Media home phone user" is what I signed up for. So when did I stop being a VM home phone user?
Old 20-03-2014, 11:01   #36
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
"For as long as you're a Virgin Media home phone user" is what I signed up for. So when did I stop being a VM home phone user?
Would love to hear them answer that question Taf ... If it is no longer valid surely it should have an date on it as when and how long you would be on the offer. I have a discount of 12 months...
Old 20-03-2014, 11:17   #37
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
As far as I understood it, when the tickles were added, Talk 08 £2 appeared on the bill

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...-2/td-p/934363

So even if the credit for the Tickle stopped, the tariff itself should still be there.

If both have been removed, you'd need to established when and by whom. I'm not aware of any mass removal of the plans.
Old 20-03-2014, 13:53   #38
Taf
cf.mega poster

I've sent them a scan of the original offer (odd that you can't add pics on the community forums?). Lets see what that makes them do.
Old 21-03-2014, 19:12   #39
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for sending that image in. I am sorry that the Tickles have since expired, and the codes we would apply that are related to them, would be outright rejected by our system.

However, as a gesture of good will I’ve placed Talk 08 £2 on to your account.

I’ve also applied a manual rolling credit of £2 per month, to cover this service for the rest of your contract.

I’m unable to extend it beyond this period, so should you wish to remove the add-on then give us a call on 150 and we’ll arrange this.

Should you find you wish to keep it, you will see a £2 increase on your bill.

Hmmm.. still not "For as long as you're a Virgin Media home phone user"...

Time to take this higher....
Old 21-03-2014, 22:34   #40
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Taf: I have the same tickle as you.
Shows as Talk 08 2, no indication of any cost?
(Usual thing of showing bundle cost only)
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 11:47   #41
Taf
cf.mega poster

I've had online billing for ages, so rarely looked at them (difficult to understand their bills anyway).

Their latest reply only talks about Tickle3 and not the other 2!

An email arrived this morning showing a contract change to include the tickle!!!
Old 25-03-2014, 17:39   #42
Taf
cf.mega poster

Who should I contact to take this higher please?

I tried escalating it upstairs via the phone and got no joy.
Old 26-03-2014, 14:22   #43
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk, get someone in the CEO office to sort it out for you
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 16:57   #44
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk, get someone in the CEO office to sort it out for you
Thankyou!
Old 27-03-2014, 14:04   #45
Taf
cf.mega poster

I have had a response from Craig Langdale, CEO Case Manager saying they are looking into my complaint.